LOOK AT ME! Born female, running for Prom King

Are you suggesting that non mentally ill people become suicidal?

All the time, dude, all the time.

Unless of course you DEFINE suicidal thoughts or attempts AS mental illness in every case.

Mental illness is NOT a black and white ON or OFF issue.

At times most people have been temporarily mentally unbalanced.

Doubt that?

Every been in a serious physical confrontation?

Were you entirely mentally balanced at that time?

If you were you probably got your ass kicked because you weren't nuts enough to ignore the danger and pain to reach your fighting best.

There's all kinds of crazy, amigo.

There is NO SUCH THING as transgender.
It's mental problem and now another stupid liberal cause.
A cause from which liberals seek to create yet another politically correct protected class.

The professionals at the APA disagree with your assessment.

i suppose you have more education and experience in psychology than they do?

:tongue:

In the 70's the APA made a Convincing Case that Homosexuality is a Mental Disorder...

Boy were they Ignorant WAY back then... :rofl:

You should Research why they had that Conclusion...

Politics and Infiltration is why they Changed their "View"...

:)

peace...

It doesn't; i was simply rebutting the claim made that: "There is no in between.". he did not say "the kid is not an in between." he said "There is no in between."

The fact is there is an in-between. Whether this kid's one of them in-between's is irrelevent to the fact there are indeed in-betweens.

simple really. :D

Then there are no blurred lines here, we are what we are, not what we think we are, or what we will be in the future.
'Zactly; and if a person is intersexed, then they are what they are, neither fully male nor fully female...but in between.

A King is a male assignment and a Queen is a female assignment. One no better than the other, they just are.

Yep, and since it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things whether a girl wants to be homecoming king and a boy wants to be homecoming queen, then why should we fuss and fret over it? Better to fuss and fret over the debt, or war, or disease, or crime.

And that's really what's simple.
Mmm hmmm, we should fuss and fret over problems that really matter. goddess knows there's enough of 'em out there without having to add more.

Quite simple.

Who's threatening to sue who. Then, who's making the big deal out of it.

Blurring gender lines when there is no grey area is the big deal.

A cause from which liberals seek to create yet another politically correct protected class.

The professionals at the APA disagree with your assessment.

i suppose you have more education and experience in psychology than they do?

:tongue:

In the 70's the APA made a Convincing Case that Homosexuality is a Mental Disorder...

Boy were they Ignorant WAY back then... :rofl:

You should Research why they had that Conclusion...

Politics and Infiltration is why they Changed their "View"...

peace...

Why don't you simply tell us? Post directly from the APA website as to why they changed their opinion.

We'll wait. :D

So why are bulemics considered mentally ill but trannies aren't? Can you give me a logical, not politically motivated reason as to why?

Then there are no blurred lines here, we are what we are, not what we think we are, or what we will be in the future.
'Zactly; and if a person is intersexed, then they are what they are, neither fully male nor fully female...but in between.

A King is a male assignment and a Queen is a female assignment. One no better than the other, they just are.

Yep, and since it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things whether a girl wants to be homecoming king and a boy wants to be homecoming queen, then why should we fuss and fret over it? Better to fuss and fret over the debt, or war, or disease, or crime.

And that's really what's simple.
Mmm hmmm, we should fuss and fret over problems that really matter. goddess knows there's enough of 'em out there without having to add more.

Quite simple.

The original poster of this thread is making a big deal out of it.

Blurring gender lines when there is no grey area is the big deal.
Gender lines have always been blurred and there have always been grey areas as with just about everything in life. Why is it such a big deal?

It's only a big deal to you fellas who think in terms of two-dimensional, black and white, excluded middle, "there is no spectrum, there is only all male and all female".

Why is it such a great concern to you if a guy is a bit more feminine than other guys or a girl is a bit more masculine than other girls? Does it infringe upon your rights?

Why are you guys so afraid of the concept of yin and yang?

Your fear and anxiety about this whole male-female thing seems to cause more stress to yourselves than to anyone else.

Relax and worry about things that matter, my brother. :)

Is there an in-between gender? Yes. Does that in-between gendered person get to change the rules just because they are one of the few in-between gendered persons? No. She is biologically still a female and if she wants to be prom something, prom queen is where she fits.

"Balls" said the Queen, "If I had two I'd be King!". True story.

People obsessed by other people sexuality have bigger problems of their own, that's pretty obvious (to everybody BUT them)

So why are bulemics considered mentally ill but trannies aren't? Can you give me a logical, not politically motivated reason as to why?

You need to research what constitutes a mental illness according to the APA.

That will answer your question.

Is there an in-between gender? Yes. Does that in-between gendered person get to change the rules just because they are one of the few in-between gendered persons? No. She is biologically still a female and if she wants to be prom something, prom queen is where she fits.

"Balls" said the Queen, "If I had two I'd be King!". True story.

Huh?? :confused: So what you're saying is an in-between gendered person (who is neither fully biologically female nor male) is still biologically female???

No....an in-between person (we're all adults, i think we can start referring to them as intersexed) is neither biologically fully female nor fully male.

However, the person in question (prom king), may or may not be intersexed. But it's irrelevent. All this time, anger, and stress from ya'll wasted on some unimportant issue like this when we have issues like war, hunger, poverty, and huge debt to worry about.

How's bout we let gay people do their thing since they ain't hurting anyone, and we all focus on the stuff that is hurting all of us?

Or is that too much darned common frigging sense?

Jeez. :rolleyes:

If it was a mental problem, it be 'cured' with drugs and therapy, but in most cases, it can't be.

There's no cure fir anything in psychology especially with a drug , hence why they are called treatments and never presented as cures

Quite simple.

The original poster of this thread is making a big deal out of it.

Gender lines have always been blurred and there have always been grey areas as with just about everything in life. Why is it such a big deal?

It's only a big deal to you fellas who think in terms of two-dimensional, black and white, excluded middle, "there is no spectrum, there is only all male and all female".

Why is it such a great concern to you if a guy is a bit more feminine than other guys or a girl is a bit more masculine than other girls? Does it infringe upon your rights?

Why are you guys so afraid of the concept of yin and yang?

Your fear and anxiety about this whole male-female thing seems to cause more stress to yourselves than to anyone else.

Relax and worry about things that matter, my brother. :)

This is a discussion forum. I post my opinion on the matter as do you, and I am the one making a big deal? Count the characters each has typed and get back to me.

There are certain realities

Up will always be up
Down will always be down
Left is always left
Right is always right
Males are always male
Females are always female

It is simply reality

You are forgetting that Steve is an expert in everything. He doesn't need to do any research, he knows everything already!

You need to research why the APA stopped calling the Gay a mental disorder. :thup:

peace...

People obsessed by other people sexuality have bigger problems of their own, that's pretty obvious (to everybody BUT them)

This is about gender. Could care less about the persons sexuality.

You can't separate sexuality from gender. Discussing gender identity is discussing people's sexuality. Sexuality doesn't only include sexual behavior.

One of the truisms about life itself is that nothing stays the same. Swim or sink like a stone, to paraphrase Dylan. Instead of feeling threatened by change, embrace it.

• Thanks
Reactions: PJC

You need to research why the APA stopped calling the Gay a mental disorder. :thup:

peace...

Already did. your see my post in your thread.

Your "history" theory is irrational and illogical as was shown by another poster in your thread.

Look up what the criteria is for a mental disorder as defined by the APA. the criteria makes perfectly logical sense. And it makes perfectly logical sense why homosexuality in and of itself does not meet that criteria.

What else you got for us, my micro-penile handicapped pal?

:razz:

don't forget love, happiness, and harmony along with your "peace", my brother.

:D

Forum List

Back