Lookin' For That Apology...

OK, all you fake phoney fiscal conservatives, here's the 990 billion dollar Stimulus Bill you're now supporting (after you opposed that itty bitty 750 billion dollar one 2 years ago)

details.jpg

Let's hear every sorry one of you tell us how you can support this and still call yourself, with a straight face, a fiscal conservative.

I dont support it. I never supported the comprimise.

If you want to talk about it I posted in your other thread about it....or do I not fit your pre-determined mold of what I should be as a conservative american?

I was addressing the phoney fiscal conservatives, like fitz, and daveman, and PC, and boedicca, and the rest in this thread. If you oppose this, then you are genuinely fiscally conservative.

Well if people who think they are conservative support this I would have to ask them what they mean by conservative.

Are they only social conservatives or are they both social and financial conservative? If they are financial conservatives like me they can't support this.

I'm socially liberal and financially conservative.

OK, all you fake phoney fiscal conservatives, here's the 990 billion dollar Stimulus Bill you're now supporting (after you opposed that itty bitty 750 billion dollar one 2 years ago)

details.jpg

Let's hear every sorry one of you tell us how you can support this and still call yourself, with a straight face, a fiscal conservative.
You do realize that not once have I stated I support or detract from this bill. I have only maintained that the bush tax rates are not a tax cut.

The taxes need to be maintained at the W levels. The stimulus package tacked on (particularly the extension of unemployment benefits) need to be removed. No More Bailouts!

When's the last time you saw "government" building anything?

Dummy.

The government put a man on the moon, the government built the atomic bomb, the government has built our nations roads, bridges, tunnels.

The government has built our schools, many of our hospitals

You know what!!

I don't know Obama and I plan to vote for him again!!

He is like the anti-conservative Sarah Palin!! Someone whose existance piss off rightwingers!!

details.jpg

If you want to talk about it I posted in your other thread about it....or do I not fit your pre-determined mold of what I should be as a conservative american?

I was addressing the phoney fiscal conservatives, like fitz, and daveman, and PC, and boedicca, and the rest in this thread. If you oppose this, then you are genuinely fiscally conservative.
I'm a phony fiscal conservative. Uh huh. My trackrecord here speaks for itself on how much of a fiscal conservative I am.

I know for now, you are opposing this compromise strictly for radical leftwing partisan reasons, not for any concerns of the budget.

Willing to end the Dept of Ed? Energy? HUD? HHS? DHS? Labor? Social Security? Medicare and Medicaid?

I sure as shit am. I'm even willing to close 90% of all foreign US bases and bring the troops home, end 90% of corporate and private subsidies, foreign aid (military and humanitarian), foreign defense treaties and organizations, plus get out of and throw out the UN.

I furthermore want to see it criminalized for the US government to do charity work beyond disaster relief.

What's your big one world government solution?

Hinsight is always 20/20.

Too bad people didn't listen to those of us who actually read obama's books, studied his history, and understood his mindset. You know those of us with foresight ;).

Where in any of his books did he telegraph that he was much further to the center than he appeared to be?

Depends on your definition of Center if you think he is right, left, or center. Thats objective.

However, his general belief system was highly evident in his books, his public statements, and his other writings. All of his behavior, beleifs, and general attitudes are exactly what I expected from studying the man.

Too bad you didn't predict it then, if you didn't. It just looks like 20/20 hindsight now. :lol:

Where in any of his books did he telegraph that he was much further to the center than he appeared to be?

Depends on your definition of Center if you think he is right, left, or center. Thats objective.

However, his general belief system was highly evident in his books, his public statements, and his other writings. All of his behavior, beleifs, and general attitudes are exactly what I expected from studying the man.

Too bad you didn't predict it then, if you didn't. It just looks like 20/20 hindsight now. :lol:

:lol:

A little of both.

I was right on some and hindsight, unfortunatley, proved I was wrong on other things I was hopeful he would aspire to.

details.jpg

You do realize that not once have I stated I support or detract from this bill. I have only maintained that the bush tax rates are not a tax cut.

The taxes need to be maintained at the W levels. The stimulus package tacked on (particularly the extension of unemployment benefits) need to be removed. No More Bailouts!

So you're a fiscal conservative because you support only 930 of the 990 billion??

You know what!!

I don't know Obama and I plan to vote for him again!!

He is like the anti-conservative Sarah Palin!! Someone whose existance piss off rightwingers!!

Not true...in fact, I have suggested, in this very thread, that his re-electioni might be a good thing...

Let's review:

1. He has continued significant portions of Bush policy

2. He has shown that he can be rolled by the Repubs

3. He endorses and supports Bush tax cuts

4. The most frugal times in the last six decades have been those when the Congress and White House have been held by different parties.

5.His re-election would serve as a safety valve for folks who admit they don't know him, but succomb to the appearance that their wishes were being supported...you know, folks like you.

It's how much the country has to produce.

Currently, tax revenues as a percent of GDP are at the lowest level they've been since

That means, put simply, that contrary to what you THINK is the case, the government is collecting the smallest percent of our nation's production that it has in 60 years.

No, you didn't know that. No, you didn't think that, and no, you don't believe that.

Always fascinating to look into the workings of the human psyche...

here we have an individual totally committed to the left wing spin, and yet, even when his reputed leaders have thrown in the towel and admitted that their economic philosophy is flawed, and based on fraud, they cannot bring themselves to admit...

1. So President Obama agrees with the GOP plan to keep the Bush tax cuts because the left knows that the cuts grow the economy…

a. But [Moody's chief economist Mark] Zandi begs to differ. "We can debate this until the cows come home but at the end of the day," he said, "we're providing some additional support to the economy and, as it's designed right now, it's temporary support, so by my definition this is stimulus."

White House economic advisor Larry Summers warned last week that without a tax cut deal, the country faces a double-dip recession. Zandi, who's advised Democrats and Republicans alike, agrees the chances for a double-dip recession will drop from "one in four" to "one in 10" if the Obama-brokered plan is passed.
Zandi predicts a bill will increase GDP growth by one percentage point next year, adding it will also create 2.8 million new jobs next year.Are Republicans Backing Another Stimulus? - FoxNews.com

2. Obama had Clinton address the press, supporting the plan and
“The voluble former president took it away, and Obama left part-way through his remarks, saying he had holiday parties to attend.

"Both sides are going to have to eat some things they don't like," Clinton told reporters. "We don't want to slip back into a recession. We've got to keep this thing going and accelerate its pace. I think this is the best available option."

The pact would extend cuts in income tax rates for all earners that would otherwise expire next month, renew long-term jobless benefits and trim Social Security taxes for one year. A number of liberal Democrats say it gives away too much to Republicans, and a provision that's particularly irksome to Democrats cuts estate taxes for the wealthiest Americans.

Clinton gave the package his full-throated endorsement, even while noting that he opposes the extension of upper-income tax cuts — though he himself will benefit from it.
"I personally believe this is a good deal and the best he could have gotten under the circumstances," Clinton said, urging fellow Democrats to support it.
"If I was in office now, I would have done what the president has done," he said.
At Obama's side, Clinton backs tax deal - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

3. “The tax agreement, if it survives a surly and reluctant lame duck Congress, could add to the federal deficit in the short term unless deficit hawks can get offsets in spending. Among other things, the deal would cut the Social Security payroll tax by 2 percentage points in 2011, which could put more than $2,000 in the pockets of upper-income taxpayers. Austan Goolsbee, Chairman of Obama's Council of Economic Advisers, on Thursday produced a YouTube video saying that the deal would not increase the government's long-term deficit.Deficit? What deficit? | The Burlington Free Press | Burlington, Vermont

I'm gonna suggest you look up Hiroo Onoda, and get in touch with him...after all you two have so much in common.

Could you restate your point in one coherent sentence, if by chance you had one?

So all you want for Christmas is an abridged version of the dictionary?

Dr. Seuss version OK?

details.jpg

So you're a fiscal conservative because you support only 930 of the 990 billion??
These numbers smell like ass. Explain to me again where that "930 billion" number comes from again? New spending right?

:lol:

A little of both.

I was right on some and hindsight, unfortunatley, proved I was wrong on other things I was hopeful he would aspire to.

I'm not naive enough to think I can expect a politician to commit outright political suicide for the sake of his beliefs, but then again if someone's genuine beliefs are politically suicidal then he shouldn't have picked politics as a profession. I am most disappointed that Obama has gone from so ardent and spirited to so complacent and almost cavalier. I also think he's getting bad advice and, unfortunately, listening to it.

Fiscal responsibility is a hard sell in politics.

These numbers smell like ass. Explain to me again where that "930 billion" number comes from again? New spending right?

The cost of the bill is there in the graphic. I subtracted the 56 billion for UE extension you opposed from 990 to give you roughly 930.

This bill is the political Easy Button. Throw money at the problem. Excuse me, throw borrowed money at the problem.

Don't you get frustrated when people don't stay in the nice neat cubbyholes you're put them in?

You should. Of course, adherents of identity politics are a frustrated lot. They have a hard time dealing with individuals.

details.jpg

Notice the middle class tax cut portion in the graphic above? With the 280 billion dollar price tag on it? (anyone have that bill handy?)

Isn't that what the Democrats first passed and the GOP turned down?

...and now the 'compromise' has tripled the price tag on it, at the demand of the GOP.

details.jpg

"...fitz, and daveman, and PC, and boedicca..."

Oh, wow!

We're forming teams? How exciting!

OK, let's call ours the "Get Government Out Of The Way and Let Capitalism Work Its Magic" team....

and based on the news, we also get President Obama, President Clinton, Mark Zandi, and Austan Goolsbee and Larry Summers and, of course all of the Repub leadership....

BTW, what is the name of your team?
The Troglodytes?

Forum List

Back