Looking to buy an AK - 47. Accepting recommendations.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
I donā€™t want to pay more than $1000 for it and Iā€™d like accuracy and reliability. Iā€™ve heard stories....

I donā€™t want to pay more than $1000 for it and Iā€™d like accuracy and reliability. Iā€™ve heard stories....
Buy a shit load of concrete blocks that weapon will turn them to powder. Pretty fun!

Do you own one? Who makes it? Aside from fun to shoot, how do you like it?
My best freind owns an arsenal. I only own a 45 revolver and a twelve gage. I use to fire his about every week end but have not lately. Other than the use of it , I am not versed on the AK like he is. I will ask him what he knows about purchasing them. I am sure he knows all there is to know. I'll text him tonight and see what he sais. I know a bullet will go through a car door, then through the dash, out the other door and through a chicken coup!

Buy a shit load of concrete blocks that weapon will turn them to powder. Pretty fun!

My best freind owns an arsenal. I only own a 45 revolver and a twelve gage. I use to fire his about every week end but have not lately. Other than the use of it , I am not versed on the AK like he is. I will ask him what he knows about purchasing them. I am sure he knows all there is to know. I'll text him tonight and see what he sais. I know a bullet will go through a car door, then through the dash, out the other door and through a chicken coup!

Sweet! Thanks.

Them little bitty bullets? Really? I used to laugh at my friend's 7.62 X 39 bullets, then haul one out of my pocket saying "Now that's a bullet".

I know my bullets can penetrate an engine block and stop a car/truck. :abgg2q.jpg:

At least the ones for that rifle and a couple others can.

Personally, I want my AK to be bone stock without any modifications or accessories. It is basically a SHTF survivalist weapon that requires almost zero maintenance and is as rugged as hell. .... :cool:

Them little bitty bullets? Really? I used to laugh at my friend's 7.62 X 39 bullets, then haul one out of my pocket saying "Now that's a bullet".

I know my bullets can penetrate an engine block and stop a car/truck. :abgg2q.jpg:

At least the ones for that rifle and a couple others can.
This one can too! I like having one around so I know the capabilities of the enemy. Also nice to know how to operate one in case you pick one up and are out of bulletts of your own. Hope fully I will not need that info but I have it just in case. I would prefer american made weopons to rely on. Especialy if it is from Barret, gotta have the green backs for that though.

Hoooo leeshit. Gosh darned Rambo over here. lol.

Haha. Naw, I'm just messing with you.

Be careful with that thing. It's likely an AKM you're talking about, though. Not many AK-47 were ever made. They're not very accurate and the trigger kinda sucks. And the parts vary in quality. You don't really notice until you take it apart.

Whatever you buy, I'd take it apart first.

I hear Yugo's were good. Y U no America?

I know that American companies make them. Normally Iā€™d go with the original Russian made but Iā€™d prefer if Iā€™m spending good money to get a good product. Iā€™d certainly buy American if itā€™s the best.

Be careful with that thing. It's likely an AKM you're talking about, though. Not many AK-47 were ever made. They're not very accurate and the trigger kinda sucks. And the parts vary in quality. You don't really notice until you take it apart.

Thatā€™s the rep that the originals have. I hear tell that the US made ones are better than that.

You're right. AK's sucked so bad they developed the AR's.

You're right. AK's sucked so bad they developed the AR's.

The #1 reason I want one is because of the legend. The mythology if you will. When you see revolutionaries or terrorists on TV what are they holding? Usually itā€™s an AK-47.

The number 2 reason is that I donā€™t own anything that fires that caliber.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back