Looks Like Ford Is Feeling The Heat

The OP indicates no changes whatsoever in Ford's plans to optimize their profits by producing small cars in Mexico, where they are much more popular than they are in the US. Yet, the Trumpettes as so desperate for any Trump credibility, the mere fact that Ford talked to Trump indicates to them that Trump's awsome influence has Ford's knees shaking.

Also, for reason's of ignorance, the Trumpettes have no clue as to the downhill chaos that a tariff would cause of independent Ford Dealership across the nation, and their 10's of thousands of employees, as well as Ford suppliers, employees, and stockholders. in fact, they seem to be wringing their hands in glee at the thought of putting hundreds of thousands of Americans out of work by destroying Ford.

But it is all rhetoric, anyway, since the president has no power to slap a tariff on anybody. Somehow, that got lost in Trump's hyperbili.
Would you rather not see Ford build ALL of its made for the US market cars made HERE?

Cars are assembled by robots. I don't care if they are Mexican robots, or American robots. All the parts are manufactured in other countries anyway.

The other thing is clothing is no longer made of 100% cotton. Its a pain in the ass fiber. It does not wear well in summer because it does not wick moisture away from the skin. Once it gets wet, it stays wet. That's why most fabrics are at best 35% cotton.

Are you drunk? Cotton is the finest fiber for clothing in the world! Wool works better in cold weather, but cotton is best for every other climate. If you think rayon or polyester is a better product for clothing I suggest you.....I don't know what to suggest..other than attending an AA meeting as fast as possible.

Here is my parting shot. If GM and Ford want to regain the confidence of American car buyers, they have one goal. GET BETTER....Yes. Get better at what they do. Make better cars than their competitors....Pretty simple.......

GM and Ford are both building better vehicles than your korean tin-cans with bad paint that are ASSEMBLED here. You got the rice-burner guilt trip going....you claim to be a patriot but don't back it up by BUYING American. Vote for Hillary...she's your type.
Oh? If they were better vehicles, they would be rated much higher than the ratings periodicals such as Consumer Reports, Car And Driver, ets. They would hold higher resale value. They would fare better in the American Insurance Institutes crash test ratings> That was a reference to your off the cuff childish tin can remark. So please, spare me the rhetoric.

Dude, in what decade are you living in?
Wow....Ok, Another one of these pro union, organized labor is my God blind loyal useful idiots that actually believes what they see in auto commercials. Ok....
You keep believing the hype. And I will keep being a savvy consumer that buys better stuff than you.
We're done. Case closed.

Look at all those jobs leaving America!

Plant2-superJumbo.jpg

Here is my parting shot. If GM and Ford want to regain the confidence of American car buyers, they have one goal. GET BETTER....Yes. Get better at what they do. Make better cars than their competitors....Pretty simple.......

GM and Ford are both building better vehicles than your korean tin-cans with bad paint that are ASSEMBLED here. You got the rice-burner guilt trip going....you claim to be a patriot but don't back it up by BUYING American. Vote for Hillary...she's your type.
Oh? If they were better vehicles, they would be rated much higher than the ratings periodicals such as Consumer Reports, Car And Driver, ets. They would hold higher resale value. They would fare better in the American Insurance Institutes crash test ratings> That was a reference to your off the cuff childish tin can remark. So please, spare me the rhetoric.

Dude, in what decade are you living in?
Wow....Ok, Another one of these pro union, organized labor is my God blind loyal useful idiots that actually believes what they see in auto commercials. Ok....
You keep believing the hype. And I will keep being a savvy consumer that buys better stuff than you.
We're done. Case closed.

COMSUMER REPORTS?!?!?!?! Good lord...the japs own them hook, line, and sinker. You're beyond help....now run along and find a nice bowl of Kimchi to reassure yourself.

Look at all those jobs leaving America!

Plant2-superJumbo.jpg

AWESOME PIC! Nothing like the Saginaw Steering Gear line I spent a summer on back in the 60's. Kind of sad to see robots doing the work when able-bodied men and women sit home watching the soaps on welfare.

The OP indicates no changes whatsoever in Ford's plans to optimize their profits by producing small cars in Mexico, where they are much more popular than they are in the US. Yet, the Trumpettes as so desperate for any Trump credibility, the mere fact that Ford talked to Trump indicates to them that Trump's awsome influence has Ford's knees shaking.

Also, for reason's of ignorance, the Trumpettes have no clue as to the downhill chaos that a tariff would cause of independent Ford Dealership across the nation, and their 10's of thousands of employees, as well as Ford suppliers, employees, and stockholders. in fact, they seem to be wringing their hands in glee at the thought of putting hundreds of thousands of Americans out of work by destroying Ford.

But it is all rhetoric, anyway, since the president has no power to slap a tariff on anybody. Somehow, that got lost in Trump's hyperbili.
Would you rather not see Ford build ALL of its made for the US market cars made HERE?

Cars are assembled by robots. I don't care if they are Mexican robots, or American robots. All the parts are manufactured in other countries anyway.
Not true....
Assembled: East Liberty, Ohio

The Japanese automakers typically don't build a whole lot of their luxury vehicles in the U.S., but Honda isn't afraid to make Acura a strong presence here. The Acura MDX, TLX, NSX and ILX are all produced at Honda plants in Alabama and Marysville, Ohio. However, the RDX tops them all by being built with 70% U.S.-made parts.
Volkswagen Passat

Assembled: Chattanooga, Tenn.

The Chattanooga plant opened in 2011, employs 2,000 workers and produces only this mid-sized vehicle aimed squarely at American families. While it only built 22,000 of them in 2011, it's built more than 100,000 each year since. According to the NHTSB, roughly 42% of the Passat's parts were made here, but the intention is to get that total up to 85% while increasing production capacity to roughly 600,000 vehicles per year. Volkswagen has made a serious investment here, and a roomy midsize that gets about 37 miles to the gallon is a great foot forward.
12 'Foreign' Cars Still Made In The U.S.A.
There are 10 other examples in this one article.
The "uh oh well the parts are foreign" is an argument the gung ho pro union people whip out when they get beat up on the main argument.

Not true....
Assembled: East Liberty, Ohio

The Japanese automakers typically don't build a whole lot of their luxury vehicles in the U.S., but Honda isn't afraid to make Acura a strong presence here. The Acura MDX, TLX, NSX and ILX are all produced at Honda plants in Alabama and Marysville, Ohio. However, the RDX tops them all by being built with 70% U.S.-made parts.
Volkswagen Passat

Assembled: Chattanooga, Tenn.

The Chattanooga plant opened in 2011, employs 2,000 workers and produces only this mid-sized vehicle aimed squarely at American families. While it only built 22,000 of them in 2011, it's built more than 100,000 each year since. According to the NHTSB, roughly 42% of the Passat's parts were made here, but the intention is to get that total up to 85% while increasing production capacity to roughly 600,000 vehicles per year. Volkswagen has made a serious investment here, and a roomy midsize that gets about 37 miles to the gallon is a great foot forward.
12 'Foreign' Cars Still Made In The U.S.A.
There are 10 other examples in this one article.
The "uh oh well the parts are foreign" is an argument the gung ho pro union people whip out when they get beat up on the main argument.

Ah, yes! Volkswagen, the iconic manufacturer of automobiles that was envisioned and initiated by Hitler, essentially shut down by the US back in the 1970's for failure of the Beetle to meet emission standards, and fined $18,000,000,000 for fraud this year by the US. The very model of the kind of company we need in the USA! BTW, they have been manufactured in Mexico since the 1970's (where they still sold the old Beetle for a decade or two, since Mexico had no emission standards). Did Germany put a tariff on those Mexican manufactured cars, or did they consider that bad business practice?

Last edited:
Ah, yes! Volkswagen, the iconic manufacturer of automobiles that was envisioned and initiated by Hitler, essentially shut down by the US back in the 1970's for failure of the Beetle to meet emission standards, and fined $18,000,000,000 for fraud this year by the US. The very model of the kind of company we need in the USA! BTW, they have been manufactured in Mexico since the 1970's (where they still sold the old Beetle for a decade or two, since Mexico had no emission standards). Did Germany put a tariff on those Mexican manufactured cars, or did they consider that bad business practice?

They still built "the thing" down there until 3 or 4 years ago.
06ada7eda5230d11a6378be537564c9b.jpg

I always wanted a Karmann Ghia .....saw a cherry one at the grocery store the other day....cat about my age motoring around the parking lot....I gave him a thumbs-up and he tooted that VW horn....I used to be able to mimmick their horn sound to the delight of my stoned associates back in the day.

They still built "the thing" down there until 3 or 4 years ago.
06ada7eda5230d11a6378be537564c9b.jpg

I always wanted a Karmann Ghia .....saw a cherry one at the grocery store the other day....cat about my age motoring around the parking lot....I gave him a thumbs-up and he tooted that VW horn....I used to be able to mimmick their horn sound to the delight of my stoned associates back in the day.

The best thing that I can say about, "The Thing", is exactly what I told my X-wife about her latest hair style, which involved dying it from gray to brown, and shaped to resemble an atomic bomb mushroom cloud:

"Unfortunate".

You need to change your cartoon. Bush is one of you Clinton supporters now.
I've heard that from a couple of you rubes now. You guys can't seem to grasp the point of it.

Let me guess, you're one of the stupid people that voted twice for Dubya and are voting for Dump now?
GM is dead
ISIS is alive......
GM Reports Third Consecutive Year of Record Global Sales
GM raking in HUGE profits.......Uh oh......Looks like you lefties are in a bit of a conundrum
Not really. I am wondering though why Trump wants to begin a slew of artificial controls on the free market as a way to punish our auto industry. I guess most of you righties wanted our auto industry to stop existing anyways.
Tearing down your democrat crony capitalism will be painful for many who depend on democrats to survive.....

Trump has no shame....

he chose to manufacture his goods overseas because it made him more profitable to do so and it was all LEGAL.

Yet he tries to shame ford for trying to do the precise legal thing Trump has done for his company, over and over and over and over and over again....all legally.

He's a FRAUD. A do as I say but not as I do kind of guy...
Like Bernie with his taxes? Or Hillary claiming losses with hers? Get da fuk outttta here
Unless Hillary's loss that she took was a Real Estate Investment, she did not, and could not have taken the SAME loss that Trump took... things are all special and sweet as can be, for Real Estate Tycoons back in 1995 and mostly because of Donald Trump lobbying congress to loosen the rules on what Real Estate investors can write off of their losses on their federal income tax, which made banks/investors loan more than they normally would because their financial risk was lowered...back in 1993....congress changed the law to what Trump wanted and testified before Congress that it should be...

And then Donald got HUGE LOANS and over extended himself on the Taj Mahal etc etc etc, did some other dirty tricks to get more money from investors with stocks that opened at $35 and he drove them down to 0.17 cents a share while he walked away with 83 million, donald declared bankruptcy, and due to these rule changes that he advocated and lobbied for himself, got to take the FULL loss instead of just a portion of the loss, for up to18 years... and notably with money that never was his money to begin with, but money of the banks/investors he bamboozled in to investing in his enterprises.

Donald Trump is no genius, he's a scam artist, a conman...a very good one!
:rofl:

Trump has no shame....

he chose to manufacture his goods overseas because it made him more profitable to do so and it was all LEGAL.

Yet he tries to shame ford for trying to do the precise legal thing Trump has done for his company, over and over and over and over and over again....all legally.

Like Bernie with his taxes? Or Hillary claiming losses with hers? Get da fuk outttta here
Unless Hillary's loss that she took was a Real Estate Investment, she did not, and could not have taken the SAME loss that Trump took... things are all special and sweet as can be, for Real Estate Tycoons back in 1995 and mostly because of Donald Trump lobbying congress to loosen the rules on what Real Estate investors can write off of their losses on their federal income tax, which made banks/investors loan more than they normally would because their financial risk was lowered...back in 1993....congress changed the law to what Trump wanted and testified before Congress that it should be...

And then Donald got HUGE LOANS and over extended himself on the Taj Mahal etc etc etc, did some other dirty tricks to get more money from investors with stocks that opened at $35 and he drove them down to 0.17 cents a share while he walked away with 83 million, donald declared bankruptcy, and due to these rule changes that he advocated and lobbied for himself, got to take the FULL loss instead of just a portion of the loss, for up to18 years... and notably with money that never was his money to begin with, but money of the banks/investors he bamboozled in to investing in his enterprises.

You're laughing out of ignorance....read something other than right wing propaganda for a change!!!!!

Trump has no shame....

You should be used to that with Obama.

Trump has no shame....

You're laughing out of ignorance....read something other than right wing propaganda for a change!!!!!
No, im laughing at your hackery.
OF COURSE they didn't take the same kind of losses. Shes not in real estate. And doesn't handle the amounts of money he does. But they DID THE SAME THING. Stop spinning it for crying out loud.

Well, if you are indeed beginning to THINK, then we have made some progress.

Actually people like you and your ilk would defend Pol Pot if the son of a bitch told you that he hated Obama and Clinton...
Just admit it, not to me, but to yourself....

Actually, I served in Viet Nam myself. I was actually hit just outside the Cambodian border.
Suck it up. Everyone doesn't agree with your Liberal Communist views.

Come on, tell the truth. You got your Bachelors in Economics through the mail from Devry University, right?

No. I got my degree in electrical engineering from VPI via the GI Bill.

Come on, tell the truth. You got your Bachelors in Economics through the mail from Devry University, right?

....or perhaps Trump U. or Liberty U.....LOL

I'm going to have to leave the HumanBeing with you, Nat. I feel kind of like HAL in 2001 Space Odyssey. I feel my IQ draining away just talking about capitalistic economics with him...

Yes indeed. From an ignorant fool who equates coal with the old steam engine trains and home furnaces of 75 years ago. It sounds like you are highly educated.

GM Reports Third Consecutive Year of Record Global Sales

I'm a native Detoiter and pleased as I can be that GM is once again building world-class cars. The Detroit auto industry is very important to our defense needs as they proved in WW2. What I can't stomach are those who laud Bush and Obama for leading them through the bankruptcy but drive a fucking Hundai or Toyoda....two-faced losers.

You do realize that Nissan has plants in this country? Nissan moved manufacturing into the United States, not out of it the way Ford is doing.

Uh yeah I realize that.....assembly plants. The money in auto manufacturing is in the chassis, engine, and drive-train. We don't make those for Nissan...we just bolt their crap together and the profits go back to Japan.

It employs Americans to bolt those together. I say if you have a plant in the United States and close that plant, laying off the American works and move your plant to Mexico then you should not use the cheaper labor as a factor to cut the price of your automobile below the price of an American assembled or manufactured automobile. If you are now producing the car in Mexico for $3,000 less than you did in America then you should pay a tariff of $4,000 in order to give advantage to the auto made in America by American workers.

Actually people like you and your ilk would defend Pol Pot if the son of a bitch told you that he hated Obama and Clinton...

Actually, I served in Viet Nam myself. I was actually hit just outside the Cambodian border.

Where at? what was your outfit?

Charley Company 502nd Infantry, 101st Airborne. I got hit at Dak To on June 7, 1966.

Where at? what was your outfit?

Charley Company 502nd Infantry, 101st Airborne. I got hit at Dak To on June 7, 1966.

Check....1-5 Cav was there too.

Forum List

Back