Looks Like Ford Is Feeling The Heat

I'm going to have to leave the HumanBeing with you, Nat. I feel kind of like HAL in 2001 Space Odyssey. I feel my IQ draining away just talking about capitalistic economics with him...

Sorry to see you go with your sagacious responses.

...and I too must soon leave for dinner...........

Hopefully the Humanturd willfind some other venue to air his bitching.....

Looks like Ford is worried that Trump might win the Presidency and impose his tariff on their cars made in Mexico and exported into this county. Yes, they certainly do not appear nearly so brash and bold as they were a month or so ago. Losing their American market for their Mexican made vehicles would probably be a death blow to the car maker.

Well, well, well.. look who just met with Trump

Looks to me that this thread is just another fantasy of a Trumpster. The OP exaggerated the purpose the meeting and propelled Trump to a super hero status.
Ford told Trump what the rest of the world knows. Ford is building a plant for their small cars in Mexico and Ford will not lay off anyone as they will be building upscale models in a Ford domestic expansion .

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2016/10/05/bill-ford/91613868/

This thread reminds of Trump, BS and sans of truth and facts.

Government should not be bailing out anybody for any reason, A nanny state makes a country weak

Looks like Ford is worried that Trump might win the Presidency and impose his tariff on their cars made in Mexico and exported into this county. Yes, they certainly do not appear nearly so brash and bold as they were a month or so ago. Losing their American market for their Mexican made vehicles would probably be a death blow to the car maker.

Well, well, well.. look who just met with Trump
No shocker there as the Fusion is made entirely in Mexico with well over 50% foreign made parts.
In my book, the Ford Fusion is essentially an import car.
Some may argue that incorrect pointing out that Blue Oval....I don't care.
The Toyota Tundra, The Hyundai Sonata are built HERE with majority US made parts.
The surprising thing here is GM and to a lesser extent Ford ( Chrysler is excluded because it is essentially a foreign car company majority owned by Fiat) struggle to match the two Asian companies above in a number of categories, one of them most important to car buyers is reliability, the other resale value. All of these autos are made here in the US by American workers.

Trump has no shame....

he chose to manufacture his goods overseas because it made him more profitable to do so and it was all LEGAL.

Yet he tries to shame ford for trying to do the precise legal thing Trump has done for his company, over and over and over and over and over again....all legally.

He's a FRAUD. A do as I say but not as I do kind of guy...
You are a fool if you believe any clothing company based here in the US is NOT using plants in other parts of the world.
Care for all.....MY ass.
Ford is using cheap Mexican labor to build the Fusion and has the nerve to refer to that model as a domestic. It isn't....You could call out Trump if his labeled goods were maxde over there but labeled as US made products.
Fact is we need to do something different to make trade more equitable for the US and Americans.
Free trade does not work when one trading partner is much wealthier and modern than the others.
We need Fair Trade. Not Free Trade.
Are you opposed to assisting Americans?

Reagan is rolling in his grave over this. Which I must admit amuses me somewhat.

You need to change your cartoon. Bush is one of you Clinton supporters now.
I've heard that from a couple of you rubes now. You guys can't seem to grasp the point of it.

Let me guess, you're one of the stupid people that voted twice for Dubya and are voting for Dump now?
GM is dead
ISIS is alive......
GM Reports Third Consecutive Year of Record Global Sales
GM raking in HUGE profits.......Uh oh......Looks like you lefties are in a bit of a conundrum

Reagan is rolling in his grave over this. Which I must admit amuses me somewhat.

I've heard that from a couple of you rubes now. You guys can't seem to grasp the point of it.

Let me guess, you're one of the stupid people that voted twice for Dubya and are voting for Dump now?
GM is dead
ISIS is alive......
GM raking in HUGE profits.......Uh oh......Looks like you lefties are in a bit of a conundrum
Not really. I am wondering though why Trump wants to begin a slew of artificial controls on the free market as a way to punish our auto industry. I guess most of you righties wanted our auto industry to stop existing anyways.

I'm a native Detoiter and pleased as I can be that GM is once again building world-class cars. The Detroit auto industry is very important to our defense needs as they proved in WW2. What I can't stomach are those who laud Bush and Obama for leading them through the bankruptcy but drive a fucking Hundai or Toyoda....two-faced losers.
World Class? What is that?
IMO is it nothing but Chamber of Commerce puffery. It means nothing.
Clearly, GM's products have reliability issues and they do not hold resale value nearly as well as their so called foreign made counterparts. Although, aside from the initial taxpayer funded bailout, GM is indeed pulling itself up out of the malaise it once was known for.
PS, save for the respective truck divisions, I avoid domestic autos. Too many problems. Too much spent on repair/replacement of parts that should last much longer.
Just traded in a '04 Grand Prix....it on;y had 140k miles on it.
The list...
Wheel bearings replaced all around.
Rear struts after 70k miles.
replace motor and actuator on sun roof,.
replace AC compressor. once at 50k second time at 85k. Both were OEM AC Delco. parts.
Replace water pump. Twice.
Replace alternator at 75K....
Huge crack in dashboard. For no apparent reason, other than it was a piece of shit.
The car should have lasted another 40 or 50k miles. We got rid of it because it was a money pit. Replaced it with....A Hyundai Sonata. 10 year 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty. WITH road side assistance included.
Need I say more.

GM is dead
ISIS is alive......
Not really. I am wondering though why Trump wants to begin a slew of artificial controls on the free market as a way to punish our auto industry. I guess most of you righties wanted our auto industry to stop existing anyways.
No... Trump has repeatedly state he wants to rebuild AMERICAN manufacturing.
I know where this is going. You lefties cannot get through any thread regarding manufacturing without first considering the implications regarding labor unions.

I'm a native Detoiter and pleased as I can be that GM is once again building world-class cars. The Detroit auto industry is very important to our defense needs as they proved in WW2. What I can't stomach are those who laud Bush and Obama for leading them through the bankruptcy but drive a fucking Hundai or Toyoda....two-faced losers.

You do realize that Nissan has plants in this country? Nissan moved manufacturing into the United States, not out of it the way Ford is doing.

Uh yeah I realize that.....assembly plants. The money in auto manufacturing is in the chassis, engine, and drive-train. We don't make those for Nissan...we just bolt their crap together and the profits go back to Japan.

My fact shot over your head...it landed way behind you, try to go find it...:lol:

We're the ONLY country producing automobiles that is NOT government supported. You know that Ford would have fallen along with GM and Chrysler if they'd bit the dust, right? The parts suppliers would have gone broke leaving Ford jewed, screwed, and tattooed. And then consider paying over a million employees and business failures around the car plants unemployment benefits and food stamps for 2 or 3 years...taxpayers turned into welfare recipients. It's the only thing Obama did for all the wrong reasons that turned out good.
Well, that is where you have it wrong.
In business, where there is failure, there is invariably another one ready to fill the void.
Had GM been permitted to declare bankruptcy and reorganize, other manufacturers would have stepped in and ramped up their capacities. Save for the screaming UAW bosses, GM's demise would not have been earth shattering. All those workers would have been finding auto jobs with other manufacturers. So what if they are non union. Who cares?
Workers in non union auto plants do very well. In fact those plants make darn sure the pay rates mirror those of the unionized ones.
The Obama administration bailed out GM for one reason. To placate the UAW which by the way, gave Obama their undying support. The GM bailout was a quid pro quo....Period.

You are correct however, Ford needed no bailout.....

Nah, that $6B they got was just for shits and giggles.
rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
The OP indicates no changes whatsoever in Ford's plans to optimize their profits by producing small cars in Mexico, where they are much more popular than they are in the US. Yet, the Trumpettes as so desperate for any Trump credibility, the mere fact that Ford talked to Trump indicates to them that Trump's awsome influence has Ford's knees shaking.

Also, for reason's of ignorance, the Trumpettes have no clue as to the downhill chaos that a tariff would cause of independent Ford Dealership across the nation, and their 10's of thousands of employees, as well as Ford suppliers, employees, and stockholders. in fact, they seem to be wringing their hands in glee at the thought of putting hundreds of thousands of Americans out of work by destroying Ford.

But it is all rhetoric, anyway, since the president has no power to slap a tariff on anybody. Somehow, that got lost in Trump's hyperbili.
Would you rather not see Ford build ALL of its made for the US market cars made HERE?

Trump has no shame....

he chose to manufacture his goods overseas because it made him more profitable to do so and it was all LEGAL.

Yet he tries to shame ford for trying to do the precise legal thing Trump has done for his company, over and over and over and over and over again....all legally.

He's a FRAUD. A do as I say but not as I do kind of guy...
Like Bernie with his taxes? Or Hillary claiming losses with hers? Get da fuk outttta here
Unless Hillary's loss that she took was a Real Estate Investment, she did not, and could not have taken the SAME loss that Trump took... things are all special and sweet as can be, for Real Estate Tycoons back in 1995 and mostly because of Donald Trump lobbying congress to loosen the rules on what Real Estate investors can write off of their losses on their federal income tax, which made banks/investors loan more than they normally would because their financial risk was lowered...back in 1993....congress changed the law to what Trump wanted and testified before Congress that it should be...

And then Donald got HUGE LOANS and over extended himself on the Taj Mahal etc etc etc, did some other dirty tricks to get more money from investors with stocks that opened at $35 and he drove them down to 0.17 cents a share while he walked away with 83 million, donald declared bankruptcy, and due to these rule changes that he advocated and lobbied for himself, got to take the FULL loss instead of just a portion of the loss, for up to18 years... and notably with money that never was his money to begin with, but money of the banks/investors he bamboozled in to investing in his enterprises.

Donald Trump is no genius, he's a scam artist, a conman...a very good one!

World Class? What is that?
IMO is it nothing but Chamber of Commerce puffery. It means nothing.
Clearly, GM's products have reliability issues and they do not hold resale value nearly as well as their so called foreign made counterparts. Although, aside from the initial taxpayer funded bailout, GM is indeed pulling itself up out of the malaise it once was known for.
PS, save for the respective truck divisions, I avoid domestic autos. Too many problems. Too much spent on repair/replacement of parts that should last much longer.
Just traded in a '04 Grand Prix....it on;y had 140k miles on it.
The list...
Wheel bearings replaced all around.
Rear struts after 70k miles.
replace motor and actuator on sun roof,.
replace AC compressor. once at 50k second time at 85k. Both were OEM AC Delco. parts.
Replace water pump. Twice.
Replace alternator at 75K....
Huge crack in dashboard. For no apparent reason, other than it was a piece of shit.
The car should have lasted another 40 or 50k miles. We got rid of it because it was a money pit. Replaced it with....A Hyundai Sonata. 10 year 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty. WITH road side assistance included.
Need I say more.

You're whining about a 12 year old car? This ^^^^ is the problem. You're paying 3 times what a vehicle should cost because without a 3 year planned obsolescence, the manufacturer has to over-charge you and you'll get screwed by the bank with a 5 year loan. But then if you enjoy employing Koreans instead of Americans, good for you and your Hyundai. Just don't pretend to be a Trump voter if you can't carry your weight supporting your own workers.

You do realize that Nissan has plants in this country? Nissan moved manufacturing into the United States, not out of it the way Ford is doing.

Uh yeah I realize that.....assembly plants. The money in auto manufacturing is in the chassis, engine, and drive-train. We don't make those for Nissan...we just bolt their crap together and the profits go back to Japan.
And you do not believe US based companies invest their profits over seas?...
Please. I have heard this music from pro union activists......:"The profits go to (fill in the blank)".....At the end of the day, who cares? As long as American workers are able to make a good living, and those companies continue to build new and expand existing plants.....
BTW, why is it we never hear from anyone about Mercedes Benz, Volvo, VW or BMW's profits going back to those companies home nations.....Only the Asian based companies are called out for this.....
Could it be anti Asian racism?

Forum List

Back