🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Looks Like Thanksgiving Dinner Has Been Canceled This Year :(

No Italian seasoning? That don't sound Italian to me. Sounds like fraud
At one time Caterina de Medici took all the best chefs of Italy with her to France as a wedding present for her betrothed which was the prince of France...and France ended up as the best place for food with the finest cuisine...

But Italy has always been a great place for great food and the spice ships still frequented the place often. Everything isn't just "Italian seasoning" of oregano and basil and fennel. And not everything is covered in tomato sauce either.

Also France borders Italy. When you get near the border lands it gets difficult to tell the difference between France and Italy.

Let's put it this way...your shrimp and grits is an offtake of an Italian dish.

At one time Caterina de Medici took all the best chefs of Italy with her to France as a wedding present for her betrothed which was the prince of France...and France ended up as the best place for food with the finest cuisine...

But Italy has always been a great place for great food and the spice ships still frequented the place often. Everything isn't just "Italian seasoning" of oregano and basil and fennel. And not everything is covered in tomato sauce either.

Also France borders Italy. When you get near the border lands it gets difficult to tell the difference between France and Italy.

Let's put it this way...your shrimp and grits is an offtake of an Italian dish.
My son just returned from Italy and raved about the cuisine. Viva la France!

My son just returned from Italy and raved about the cuisine. Viva la France!
Oh yeah...I do miss the European food... Austria and Germany got it going on too. Too see the field the wheat was grown in and then turned into the local bread... same thing with the various sausages and beer.
The various flavors were incredible. I especially liked the beer as the hops used were not overpowering unlike the American beers are. I could actually taste and smell the grain of the beers there. Even at the airport you could get a locally baked croissant with just a light dusting of raw flour still on it.
Our mass produced food is a lot cleaner and cheaper...but a lot of the craftsmanship and flavor and quality is gone as well.

Yeah, that's what I call him online. Well, real life too, sometimes. It's better than "The Monster," which I heard a woman call her husband years ago. :wink:
My other half calls me "He, from whom all blessings flow!" JK, the actual name is not for public consumption.

My daughter brought a turkey over for us to fix and last night my wife took it out and was getting it ready to cook. When she checked the cavity they was a parasitical worm in there about 10 inches long! Disgusting. never ever saw that before. I wouldn't have eaten any of that!

Forum List

Back