Lori beaker light foot will not be Chicago’s next mayor

So why do you guys attack her gender, sexual orientation and race if her policies were so awful.

Why are you intentionally ignoring the fact that SHE was the 1st / the only one to bring up her race / sex as an excuse for losing and continuing to make the sane false accusation again?

Such deceit and intentional false accusations / trolling is enough reason to ignore you just like she / her false accusations should be ignored.

Why can't Democrats ever own up to their own failures instead of blaming others?

Yes, after losing Lightfoot called the residents of Chicago 'racist' and 'sexist', claiming the reason she lost is because she is a black woman.

:eusa_doh:

Because it's their nature. Most of the voters in that dangerous city are Democrats, so in a sense she's calling people of her own party racist.

When was the last time you seen any Democrat take responsibility for themselves or actions? It certainly isn't happening with Dementia. Afghanistan was Trump's fault, record covid deaths under Dementia was Republican voters fault, record high gasoline and fuel prices was because of a world shortage, border problem with record amount of crossers is the Republicans fault for not signing on to their so-called immigration reform, the labor shortage is a world-wide problem and not domestic........... You name the subject, and Dementia was not at fault.

"The best part about being a Democrat is never having to say it was your fault."
Ray from Cleveland

Yes, she did.

And you can enjoy that, but I don't think it solves the underlying problem. I don't see Vallas or Johnson as being the guy who can turn stuff around.

Frankly, I'm kind of sorry Rahm Emmanuel isn't starting his fourth term. The city would have been so much better off.
Since liberals have run the place into the ground, the logical choice to turn things around is a conservative. Of course, logic and Chicago don't really go together all that well.

Why are you intentionally ignoring the fact that SHE was the 1st / the only one to bring up her race / sex as an excuse for losing and continuing to make the sane false accusation again?

Such deceit and intentional false accusations / trolling is enough reason to ignore you just like she / her false accusations should be ignored.

Go back and read most of this thread. Most of that attacks on her on this thread involve her race, gender, appearance and sexual orientation, including disparaging comments made about her wife.

Almost nothing about her policies, because none of you clowns live in Chicago. Your mentality is "Obama from Chicago, Chicago Bad". To quote Carl Sandburg, I return your sneer.

Because you guys trumpeted these as her only selling points?
Who did that?

The main reason why she got elected was her record on police reform, which was the top issue in 2019. That was her actual selling point.

It should be pointed out that if merely being a black woman was her only qualification, then Perwinkle would have won in 2019, as she was also a black woman. (And probably more qualified.) She didn't because she was seen as part of the problem of machine politics that turned a blind eye.

Chicago is quite dysfunctional,

Decent people think that runaway rampant crime is the problem.

Criminals think that those whose job it is to police criminality are the problem.

The population of those 2 groups may have reached a tipping point.

So why do you guys attack her gender, sexual orientation and race if her policies were so awful. Because looking at this thread, I see very little actual criticism of her policies (not the metrics of how bad the city did, but just her policies).
As you well know, former Mayor Lori Lightfoot is the only one who mentions her race, sex, or sexual orientation. Everyone else attacks her dismal, tragic record.

Chicago isn't America, Chicago is a loose asylum.
Chicago has been and always will be two cities. The North Side is clean, relatively free from violent crime, and a wonderful place to live. The South and West sides, a third world. In the early fifties, we lived on the North Side near Logan Square. I walked about five blocks to Avondale Elementary School and back with never an incident. What has happened in recent years is tragic.

As you well know, former Mayor Lori Lightfoot is the only one who mentions her race, sex, or sexual orientation. Everyone else attacks her dismal, tragic record.
Really, then why can't you guys stop talking about her race and her sexual orientation.

I'd love to see you actually discuss her record. Of course, you'd actually have to learn what you are talking about.

Really, then why can't you guys stop talking about her race and her sexual orientation.

I'd love to see you actually discuss her record. Of course, you'd actually have to learn what you are talking about.
You seem to be the only one obsessed with her race, sex, and sexual orientation. You can't go a post without mentioning it. Why is that?

Okay... um, I have a lot of problems with this analysis, as someone who has lived in the Chicago area for most of his life except for times when the service had me elsewhere.

Lightfoot was a terrible mayor, because she simply can't work with people. She alienated the city counsel, and couldn't get things done. That said, she ran into the insurmountable problems of Covid and the George Floyd riots... So I'm not sure that even a mayor with greater skill could have handled it.

Rahm was actually... a pretty good mayor. He achieved some major reform of the schools, did a lot of good with infrastructure. His downfall was that he tried to cover up the circumstances of the Laquan McDonald shooting. What sealed it for him is that after numerous delays, the trial of the officer responsible happened right in the middle of the 2019 campaign!

Richie was darned good mayor. It's why he got re-elected five times, and served even longer than his father. He improved the cities economy and actually did a lot to make the city more livable. The murder rate even went down on his watch.

Sawyer (or as we lovingly called him "Mayor Mumbles" was terrible by design. The white aldermanic block that opposed everything Harold Washington did backed him because he would be easier to control before Richie claimed his job.

Harold Washington was a pretty terrible mayor for a lot of the same reasons that Lightfoot was. He couldn't work with the city council. He finally had to get the courts to redraw the aldermanic map to give him a more friendly council, and then proceeded to keel over. One of the things I heard from cops at the time was that he had a heart attack snorting cocaine in his office, but it was covered up. I don't know if this is true, but it says a lot that the cops would spread this rumor because they hated him so much.
This is fair. I've never lived in Chicago. But the Laquan McDonald issue is an example of what I'm talking about with all of these mayors, putting CPD ahead of the city and the citizens.

This is fair. I've never lived in Chicago. But the Laquan McDonald issue is an example of what I'm talking about with all of these mayors, putting CPD ahead of the city and the citizens.

My brother is friends with the cop who shot McDonald. We haven't been on speaking terms for six years.

But, yes, Rahm completely messed up. He tried to cover it up and pay off the family and hoped the thing went away. (And the family was perfectly okay to go along with it, they were the ones who abused him to the point he had the mental issues he had.) He should have fully disclosed when it happened.

By comparison, when another cop shot Adam Toledo, the body cam footage was immediately released, and there was full transparency. The State's Attorney eventually elected not to prosecute, but the officer was still fired. So you can argue, this is one of the things Lightfoot did right.

But here's the thing. This is one mistake compared to two terms of a lot of accomplishments. The murder rate went down on Rahm's watch. Investment was up, the schools improved, etc. We'd have been much better off if he got a third term.

If I were to make a comparison, Lightfoot is like Jane Byrne, not in just that they were both women, but in that they were both elected because of outrage over a policy failure by their predecessor (in Byrne's case, it was the Winter of 79), but really weren't up to the task of being mayor.

Forum List

Back