Louisiana man serving life sentence for $20 worth of marijuana released.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
But not before being locked up in a shithole Loiusiana prison for 12 years !
Land of the free....:beer:

NEW ORLEANS — Fate Winslow said the first thing he wants to do when he gets back home to Shreveport is stop at Popeye’s for fried chicken.

And following his joyful release from Angola state prison Wednesday after serving 12 years over $20 worth of marijuana, Winslow, 53, said his next stop is the most important: Reuniting with his four children and three grandchildren who thought they may never see him again as a free man.

NEW ORLEANS — Fate Winslow said the first thing he wants to do when he gets back home to Shreveport is stop at Popeye’s for fried chicken.

And following his joyful release from Angola state prison Wednesday after serving 12 years over $20 worth of marijuana, Winslow, 53, said his next stop is the most important: Reuniting with his four children and three grandchildren who thought they may never see him again as a free man.

He should be freed !!

He should be freed !!
You're going for the understatement of the day award ?
Pot should have never been illegal to begin with.....
mail (3).gif
mail2.gif

serving 12 years over $20 worth of marijuana,
Sounds a little extreme, but that's the trouble with marijuana. The effects of the drug include a characteristic “nightclub” mentality or manner of thinking lacking all sense of measure or proportionality.

Gee, 12 years for a pinch of weed and here goes Hillary Clinton free as a jaybird after committing a dozen treasonous felonies playing loose with national security and favors!

Let me not forget about Biden's known crimes by himself and through his family. One guy gets 12 years, the other sells out to China and gets the White House?

Whatever happened to that 2.8 million dollar diamond that China gave Hunter? And just what was that for?

Personally, I would be thinking about getting the hell out of Louisiana. Been there. Didn't like it. He lost 12 years being there.

Gee, 12 years for a pinch of weed
They had something else on him, without a doubt. Political if not something that could have been criminal.
Winslow had previously been convicted of three non-violent crimes: a business burglary when he was 17, a car burglary 10 years later, and possession of cocaine when he was 36.

Winslow had previously been convicted of three non-violent crimes: a business burglary when he was 17, a car burglary 10 years later, and possession of cocaine when he was 36.
I don't know that I buy those cases either when he's serving 12 years for being caught with nothing more than a toke of marijuana. Too many set-ups and plant-and-bust parties.

I don't know that I buy those cases either when he's serving 12 years for being caught with nothing more than a toke of marijuana. Too many set-ups and plant-and-bust parties.
Believe it. This is the south. Small pot busts have been very lucrative to the system. I am in Tennessee. Back in the old days, I've seen people lose their car as part of the spoils of a bust for an ounce and seen it tried for friggin seeds in the floor board. Not like that anymore, I don't think but people, both black and white have been put away here for years on small quantity pot bust with big fines and jail time if you are too dumb to hire a decent lawyer. Then you pay to be on probation for years also. Probation officer is a sales and collection racket here.

Thank you President Trump for the First Step Act that brought attention to Mr Winslow's petty drug offense that kept him locked up for 12 years. Too bad Obama didn't give a rat's ass about men like Mr Winslow, he should have been released years ago.
Had President Obama released him "years ago", you RWNJs would have pitched a b!tch that he was too soft on crime. So quit your bullsh!t.

serving 12 years over $20 worth of marijuana,
Sounds a little extreme, but that's the trouble with marijuana. The effects of the drug include a characteristic “nightclub” mentality or manner of thinking lacking all sense of measure or proportionality.
and you used it how many years before you discovered those side affects?

Thank you President Trump for the First Step Act that brought attention to Mr Winslow's petty drug offense that kept him locked up for 12 years. Too bad Obama didn't give a rat's ass about men like Mr Winslow, he should have been released years ago.
yet they are still putting people behind bars for the same offense in the USA because Trump refused to decriminalize marijuana so he in effect did little to end the unjust war on US citizens.

He should be freed !!

The whole story should be told.

Forum List

Back