Louisiana Black Man Gets Life In Prison At Angola For Selling $20 Worth Of Pot ( It's Justifiable)

As a direct result of our for-profit prison system.

So Pillowbite, the man is going to a for profit prison?

{"We went to Jackson Parish ... and what the sheriff there gets is a guaranteed $100,000 a year, whether the prison is making a profit or not," she says. "But what he really gets — and he was not shy about using this word — is the patronage. Because his department, prior to this, had 50 employees, and now it has 150 employees. In a place like that, 100 jobs with benefits is huge. And what he means by patronage, of course, is that he'll get re-elected if he keeps supporting these [prison] jobs."}

How Louisiana Became The World s Prison Capital NPR

So these are not private at all, but government run and corrupt to the bone...

That's funny Pillowbite, because you leftists claim that government is ALWAYS the answer to any question....

He got that sentence for being a career criminal not selling weed.

So it's a 3 strikes thing?
Yes. He had priors. Which he knew. This isn't the first time he peddled weed. He's probably done it dozens of times. He just got caught this time. That's a career criminal.

He's not going to serve life either. Some judge will reduce the sentence. Even the Pizza Thief in California that got life for roughing up a kid barely served two years.

It seems obssessive to me, but he was considered a 4 time felon, and also had a juve record. He also had a habit of appeal, without merit.
Maybe the law there needs to be looked at?

You want to live in a country where the government can kill it's own citizens with sniper fire?

WHat's wrong with you?

What's wrong with me? I live in a country where we're more interested in the color of a criminal's skin than their actual crimes. Where a large percentage of the population doesn't even pay lip service to the laws, nevermind follow them.

I want to live in a country where stepping off the path of righteousness is punished quickly, brutally, and when necessary, PERMANENTLY. No second chances. No excuses.... obey the rules or be removed from society, PERIOD.
nothing like wanting to live in a society where everyone is so scared of the govt. that no one wants to go outside....who knows when you might step off that path.....:dunno:

yea....have you ever smoked pot?.....just curious....

Nope. Nor will I. I have had the unpleasant experience of dealing with college roommates and classmates who use it; and attending a yearly memorial event for 6 firefighters who lost their lives in a fire started by a pair of potheads.

Now, I've got one for you..... Would you, while under the influence of an "average" amount of marijuana be willing to negotiate the most important contract of your life, have to try to save yourself from a life threatening event, or operate a multi-person vehicle?

nothing like wanting to live in a society where everyone is so scared of the govt. that no one wants to go outside....who knows when you might step off that path.....:dunno:

Easy enough to step off that path in the home as well, which would bring just as swift Justice; so why not go outside?

yea....have you ever smoked pot?.....just curious....

Nope. Nor will I. I have had the unpleasant experience of dealing with college roommates and classmates who use it; and attending a yearly memorial event for 6 firefighters who lost their lives in a fire started by a pair of potheads.

Now, I've got one for you..... Would you, while under the influence of an "average" amount of marijuana be willing to negotiate the most important contract of your life, have to try to save yourself from a life threatening event, or operate a multi-person vehicle?

None of those examples are relevant to you wanting snipers to shoot people smoking pot.

I used to smoke a good bit. No, I would never try to negotiate an important contract while stoned. As for saving myself from a life threatening event, the adrenalin would remove almost all the buzz, so I would be fine. And no, I doubt anyone would say it is ok to operate a multi-person vehicle under the influence of anything. That goes for pot, alcohol, xanax or nyquil.

But this idea that you execute everyone who breaks the rules is simply ridiculous.

Easy enough to step off that path in the home as well, which would bring just as swift Justice; so why not go outside?

We would need to go outside to hunt down the people in favor of snipers for minor crimes.

We would need to go outside to hunt down the people in favor of snipers for minor crimes.

Drinking has caused more harm than pot ever has so we should put a sniper's nest outside every liquor store and kill everyone buying booze

It is only arbitrary laws that say one drug is illegal while another isn't after all

Drinking has caused more harm than pot ever has so we should put a sniper's nest outside every liquor store and kill everyone buying booze

It is only arbitrary laws that say one drug is illegal while another isn't after all

Agreed. We need to ban alcohol and tobacco products as well.

Yeah that's been tried and we all know what happened.

Why do you care if someone wants to get high.

Mind your own business will ya?

Yeah that's been tried and we all know what happened.

Why do you care if someone wants to get high.

Mind your own business will ya?

"But...but....RULES! We have to have rules! And people who don't follow them should be executed on the spot!!"

Forum List

Back