Louisiana Strikes Down Gay Marriage Ban

Why do you care about their anti-gey laws then?

Why don't you mind your own business?

Mkay?
wanting things to be equal means i can
If you truly wanted equality anyone should be able to marry anyone or anything they want.

But you don't really want that. No plural marriages or brother marrying his sister, nosiree Bob!!!!

If you truly wanted equality anyone should be able to marry anyone or anything they want.

But you don't really want that. No plural marriages or brother marrying his sister, nosiree Bob!!!!

Well polygamy I don't have a problem with, I don't like it, I think it's archaic, but if people want to, and ALL agree to it, then whatever.

Marrying sister and brother etc is dangerous. If they have kids then that child could be in serious danger, that's why it's banned. Rights are absolute, if there is a danger to others then it's not protected.

Well polygamy I don't have a problem with, I don't like it, I think it's archaic, but if people want to, and ALL agree to it, then whatever.

Marrying sister and brother etc is dangerous. If they have kids then that child could be in serious danger, that's why it's banned. Rights are absolute, if there is a danger to others then it's not protected.
There's ways around that too.

The point being that this isn't about true equality. It's really about bashing heterosexuals and Christians, and about bashing our institutions.

If you folks feel that anything goes then anything they eventually do to us will become accepted

Explain again how the majority get what they want over the minority including depriving us of our liberty and property because we are a democracy who believe in mob rule, yet the majority can be overruled by one guy in a robe?
It is in the constitution

The courts protect the rights of the minority

You've never read the Constitution, shitflinger.

Mkay?

actually i dont care if people like that marry...It doesnt bother me.

So you're moving to Louisiana now?

no, i dont care for the south

Mkay?

actually i dont care if people like that marry...It doesnt bother me.
I guess the plan is working then.

All 50 states are going to go this way as it's the only legal and logical conclusion possible.

Two legal-aged adults may enter into any financial contract with one another already. Marriage,, insofar as the law is concerned is merely another financial contract. Game over.

OK, if that is your position, then get ready for bigamy, polygamy, father/son, mother/daughter, sibling, and all other possible forms of human groupings. BECAUSE, as you said, if gay marriage becomes legal on the basis of discrimination then there is no possible legal defense that can be brought forward to prohibit all other forms of marriage since those people will also claim that they are being discriminated against by our marriage laws.

You get what you ask for, just be sure you understand what you are asking for.
who gives a shit....seriously

anyone with functioning brain cells, obviously not you

Unlike you, I don't involve myself in other people's marriages. If two (or more) people wanna wed and become miserable and loose all interest in having sex together that's their thing. ;)

it is not intruding on others happiness or misery. Its about preserving a sane and moral society. Its also about maintaining sanity in our legal system. Can you imagine how a divorce of a marriage of 5 men and 6 women would play out? How much court time and money would such a fiasco tie up?

this is about much more than allowing two gays to legally hook up. I want gays to be able to have a legal mutual committment agreement. Its when you call it a marriage that all of the unwanted results start to pile up.

Religious objections to gay marriage aren't valid where the law is concerned. For starters, reliigons which might forbid such marriages didn't invent the institution of marriage. So their objections are irrelevant. For another, religion has no support under US law insofar as the law incorporating a specific religion's tenets into laws applicable to everyone - not everyone belongs to the religion with a bug up it's butt about gay marriage.

I said nothing about religion in my post that you quoted. A sane and moral society does not have to be founded on any religion.

There's no moral arguement possible without involving religion. Marriage being about love and commitment of two people. Perfectly moral proposition.

are you saying that human morality and sense of right and wrong would not exist without religion?

Any society should decide what it considers moral. A majority of the people of planet earth do not consider a homosexual union as moral. Societal morals should be decided by a majority of the members of the society.

Oh, now we're going with the whole planet? Sorry, this is America...and Americans don't think gays are immoral anymore.

New Record Highs in Moral Acceptability

it is not intruding on others happiness or misery. Its about preserving a sane and moral society. Its also about maintaining sanity in our legal system. Can you imagine how a divorce of a marriage of 5 men and 6 women would play out? How much court time and money would such a fiasco tie up?

this is about much more than allowing two gays to legally hook up. I want gays to be able to have a legal mutual committment agreement. Its when you call it a marriage that all of the unwanted results start to pile up.

Religious objections to gay marriage aren't valid where the law is concerned. For starters, reliigons which might forbid such marriages didn't invent the institution of marriage. So their objections are irrelevant. For another, religion has no support under US law insofar as the law incorporating a specific religion's tenets into laws applicable to everyone - not everyone belongs to the religion with a bug up it's butt about gay marriage.

I said nothing about religion in my post that you quoted. A sane and moral society does not have to be founded on any religion.

There's no moral arguement possible without involving religion. Marriage being about love and commitment of two people. Perfectly moral proposition.

are you saying that human morality and sense of right and wrong would not exist without religion?

Any society should decide what it considers moral. A majority of the people of planet earth do not consider a homosexual union as moral. Societal morals should be decided by a majority of the members of the society.

Oh, now we're going with the whole planet? Sorry, this is America...and Americans don't think gays are immoral anymore.

Still, music videos would tank if they were openly about gey couples.....

Many secretly are.

Many secretly are.
false there's a whole other market for that...

Many secretly are.
But not exactly mainstream yet.

Many secretly are.

Obviously you haven't seen music videos in the last, oh decade.

Many secretly are.
But not exactly mainstream yet.
the money sure as fuck is!

Many secretly are.

Obviously you haven't seen music videos in the last, oh decade.

Katey Perry?

Forum List

Back