Louisiana Strikes Down Gay Marriage Ban

I said nothing about religion in my post that you quoted. A sane and moral society does not have to be founded on any religion.

There's no moral arguement possible without involving religion. Marriage being about love and commitment of two people. Perfectly moral proposition.

are you saying that human morality and sense of right and wrong would not exist without religion?

Any society should decide what it considers moral. A majority of the people of planet earth do not consider a homosexual union as moral. Societal morals should be decided by a majority of the members of the society.

Oh, now we're going with the whole planet? Sorry, this is America...and Americans don't think gays are immoral anymore.

New Record Highs in Moral Acceptability

Still, music videos would tank if they were openly about gey couples.....

Many secretly are.

Obviously you haven't seen music videos in the last, oh decade.

Try Sam Smith.

are you saying that human morality and sense of right and wrong would not exist without religion?

Any society should decide what it considers moral. A majority of the people of planet earth do not consider a homosexual union as moral. Societal morals should be decided by a majority of the members of the society.

Oh, now we're going with the whole planet? Sorry, this is America...and Americans don't think gays are immoral anymore.

Many secretly are.
false there's a whole other market for that...
But not exactly mainstream yet.
the money sure as fuck is!

Yup, best music is at gey bars, hands down.

Many secretly are.

bevis "he said hands down!" (snicker)

Many secretly are.

bevis "he said hands down!" (snicker)

Chlöe Howl - No Strings (Official Video):

There's ways around that too.

The point being that this isn't about true equality. It's really about bashing heterosexuals and Christians, and about bashing our institutions.

If you folks feel that anything goes then anything they eventually do to us will become accepted

But, you see, it isn't.

Maybe for some, it is. Some people on both sides, and they often like to come to places this this board, like to just shout their mouth off, so I cannot speak for all, but basically it's like saying that the Civil Rights movement was just about bashing white people.

Similar arguments now than then, just different people trying to get out of 3rd class.

That's not what you keep saying, you keep saying it's only liberals who don't think you're immoral, the rest of us are Christian bigots who condemn you to hell and think you're contagious.

Stay over there if you don't mind, I don't want to catch your gay disease, you're headed to hell you know.

There's ways around that too.

The point being that this isn't about true equality. It's really about bashing heterosexuals and Christians, and about bashing our institutions.

If you folks feel that anything goes then anything they eventually do to us will become accepted

But, you see, it isn't.

Maybe for some, it is. Some people on both sides, and they often like to come to places this this board, like to just shout their mouth off, so I cannot speak for all, but basically it's like saying that the Civil Rights movement was just about bashing white people.

Similar arguments now than then, just different people trying to get out of 3rd class.
3rd Grade.

That's not what you keep saying, you keep saying it's only liberals who don't think you're immoral, the rest of us are Christian bigots who condemn you to hell and think you're contagious.

Stay over there if you don't mind, I don't want to catch your gay disease, you're headed to hell you know.

Really? I've condemned all Christians as bigots? You can, of course, link to those posts.

The only Christians (and Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, satanists, etc) I think are bigots are the ones opposed to civil marriage equality for gays.

Really? I've condemned all Christians as bigots? You can, of course, link to those posts.

The only Christians (and Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, satanists, etc) I think are bigots are the ones opposed to civil marriage equality for gays.

kaz: You think everyone who opposes gay marriage is a christian bigot

seawytch: I said all Christians are bigots! Did not.

Your lack of reading comprehension and basic logic is actually hilarious.

kaz: You think everyone who opposes gay marriage is a christian bigot

seawytch: I said all Christians are bigots! Did not.

Your lack of reading comprehension and basic logic is actually hilarious.

Perhaps it's your skills that are lacking. I don't think all that are opposed to marriage equality are Christian bigots. There are plenty of Atheist, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Satanist, etc bigots as well. The largest demographic opposed to marriage equality in the US are Evangelical Christians, but that doesn't mean all bigots are Christian.

It's pretty simple, if you're opposed to marriage equality for any reason, you're a bigot.

It's pretty simple, if you're opposed to marriage equality for any reason, you're a bigot.

The irony of that statement...

Yes, I'm a bigot who thinks government should treat all it's citizens equally. You don't want to be treated as some mere single person. You worship government and crave validation and want party gifts. Not just for everyone, just for you. Because you're not a bigot like me. LOL. That's why I just have fun with you.

Repent, sinner. You know anti-gay is like 8 of the 10 commandments, and the other two imply it.

Yes, I'm a bigot who thinks government should treat all it's citizens equally. You don't want to be treated as some mere single person. You worship government and crave validation and want party gifts. Not just for everyone, just for you. Because you're not a bigot like me. LOL. That's why I just have fun with you.

Repent, sinner. You know anti-gay is like 8 of the 10 commandments, and the other two imply it.

All single people are treated equally...all married people are not. My civil marriage is not equal to yours. Your civil marriage (don't forget you were validated by one) is legal and binding in all 50 states, mine in less than half that. That isn't equality and you are opposed to my civil marriage being on equal footing with yours. That makes you a bigot, your religious status notwithstanding.

Take away the cash and prizes Kaz. Call your congressman, your Senator, your state legislator. Stand outside the city clerks office and demand no civil marriages be performed...until then, give us equal access to the rights, benefits and privileges you so hypocritically (oh, and reluctantly, of course) enjoy.

All single people are treated equally...all married people are not. My civil marriage is not equal to yours. Your civil marriage (don't forget you were validated by one) is legal and binding in all 50 states, mine in less than half that. That isn't equality and you are opposed to my civil marriage being on equal footing with yours. That makes you a bigot, your religious status notwithstanding.

Take away the cash and prizes Kaz. Call your congressman, your Senator, your state legislator. Stand outside the city clerks office and demand no civil marriages be performed...until then, give us equal access to the rights, benefits and privileges you so hypocritically (oh, and reluctantly, of course) enjoy.

There is no difference other than a technical one between you and the man/woman government marriage crowd. You draw the same line of discrimination, you just draw it in a different place. Get off your high horse, you are no better than they are.

I do like your admission you're in it for the money. So why does civil marriage bother you then?

So, we know:

- Parents are only babysitters, cooks and housekeepers, only taking care of the physical needs of children matter.

- No one has studied gender roles in parenting

- You only date women because of their equipment, other than that, you'd be indifferent between dating men and women because they are identical.

- You're into government marriage for the $$$.

You and I have one fundamental difference. The difference is not race or gender, we are both white men. That difference is that you equate marriage with government marriage and I believe there is no relation between those at all.

The issue of gay marriage should and is being "decided" the same way interracial marriage was "decided". Good thing voters didn't get to vote on that.

Why is that a good thing?

Because it wouldn't have passed until the 90s...in some states it still might not.

bb8ic2qate-wa_cbgc2ifg.png

The 90s? LOL, I lived in Virgina many years, you're full of shit. Courts have done far more damage making law than the few things they have done right.
Courts don't make laws...they strike laws down if they are unconstitutional.
Judges if one is to be accurate, and in this case they are acting unconstitutional.

What's unconstitutional about this?

Where in the constitution does it say that homosexual people can and should be denied the same rights as everyone else?

Because it wouldn't have passed until the 90s...in some states it still might not.

The 90s? LOL, I lived in Virgina many years, you're full of shit. Courts have done far more damage making law than the few things they have done right.
Judges if one is to be accurate, and in this case they are acting unconstitutional.

Where in the constitution does it say that homosexual people can and should be denied the same rights as everyone else?
Homosexuals have no right to something they can not create, Homosexuals want children, that is not a right.

Children who are orphaned need a Father and a Mother, they are born of a Mother and Father, Children Naturally desire their Mother and Father, they have a right to their Mother and Father, they have the right to pick who their Mother and Father is if they are Orphaned and to be adopted.

But, it does not work the other way around, Homosexuals have no right to what they can not create, Marriage does not make Homosexuals equal, granted or not, two man/man does not equal man/woman

Gay activists can't name a single person who being gay changes who they can marry. And they can't name a single other law that changes based on what you want.

Homosexuals have no right to something they can not create, Homosexuals want children, that is not a right.

So you want government telling people who can have children? Really? That's one of the things that hurts my head about government deciding who is and who isn't married.

Forum List

Back