lowes employee fired for stopping shop lifter

^^^ What do you think would happen if the shoplifters decide to pull out a weapon and the employee decides to not do a thing? In other words, perhaps a lawsuit will always be in the card deck no matter what is or isn't done by anyone who is in the picture.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I did not say it was a great policy, just that it was policy.

The policy is there to protect the employees, since they are worth more than the merchandise
Again, it is an asinine policy. You can achieve the same outcome by telling employees not to put themselves in danger by confronting a shoplifter yet if someone does confront a shoplifter or tries to stop them, you don’t fire the employee.

Again, it is an asinine policy. You can achieve the same outcome by telling employees not to put themselves in danger by confronting a shoplifter yet if someone does confront a shoplifter or tries to stop them, you don’t fire the employee.

I agree firing is a tad over the top, but it is the policy and the person should have known it was the policy. Lots of employers have asinine polices that their employees still have to follow

"Unfortunately in this situation the educators knowingly broke the policy, engaged with the thieves across multiple points—including following them out of the store—so post investigation and the zero-tolerance policy, which is well known, that was what resulted in the termination," McDonald said.

= zero brains

~S~

I agree firing is a tad over the top, but it is the policy and the person should have known it was the policy. Lots of employers have asinine polices that their employees still have to follow
Thank you for agreeing on the policy. If Lowe’s has such a stupid policy of firing an employee for giving a shit about shoplifting, then Lowe’s deserves to be looted.

Two thoughts:

1. It’s horrible that they fired him.

2. It’s horrible that their “security” is an unarmed 68 year old guy.

That lady should have instead respectfully asked those sweet gentlemen: "Excuse me. Would you like one of our signature bags for your plunder? May I help you carry the loot to your stolen car?"

Their employers are terrified of being labeled as "racists."
This is true. The pendulum has swung so far that criminals feel entitled to shoplift. If I were in charge, I would put more controls in place…. Cameras, increased security, and receipt checks. Would it be 100 percent effective? No, but it would at least return to the level where criminals didn’t feel entitled.

If people found these policies to be too racist, they could go shop somewhere else. Being boycotted by people who are soft on shoplifting is not a bad thing.

they need asset protection even there not allowed to do anything half the time.

One of the odd times I'll agree with you. Its never made sense to me that you outright dismiss an employee for these types of things. Usually one of the harder parts of being in management is getting employees to actually care.

One of the odd times I'll agree with you. Its never made sense to me that you outright dismiss an employee for these types of things. Usually one of the harder parts of being in management is getting employees to actually care.
It's probably the insurance company behind the employer. More often than not I find they make decisions based on their liability policies and the decision is made not by the immediate upper management but by somebody there at the insurance company.

Lawyers have tremendous influence in the company and they like to avoid risk.

They would rather have higher price due to thief than to lose money in some stupid victim's law suit.

A consequence of of our litigious society.

You folks voted in the woke leaders of these blue cities, and you've been pushing the woke agenda for years. Stop complaining that you've gotten what you asked for.

Forum List

Back