Lumber Prices Collapse 40% in June.

So lumber prices go up and it's Biden's fault

Lumber prices come down ...Biden has nothing to do with it.

Welcome to conservative/Trumper/Republican logic

So lumber prices go up and it's Biden's fault

Lumber prices come down ...Biden has nothing to do with it.

Welcome to conservative/Trumper/Republican logic

I don't think it was ever Biden's fault directly. It was mostly the effects of the collective shutdown across the country, but higher fuel costs sure doesn't help either as well as some inflation. I think its a few factors. I think that the real inflation to come hasnt even been seen yet, though I simply bought a cheese burger with bacon on it the other day at Nation's and it was $9 for that alone.
looks like some inflation to me.

Bless. When lumber prices get anywhere close to where they were when that demented moron was installed, let us know. We're supposed to celebrate prices that are still double what they were a few months ago? Woohoo!

In a pathetic attempt to attack Biden, trumpers have been crying about an increase in lumber, trying to blame Biden for the increase.

Because inflation is transitory lumber prices have imploded. Prices were in a bubble and now they have corrected dropping massively.

Biden's economy is so strong and will not be derailed by lumber.

In 2022 inflation will be a nonissue and the economy will still be booming like never before.

I predict Biden will have the best first 24 months in US history.

Planned increases in supply are the primary reasons why lumber futures are dropping. However, “futures” are speculation about market prices in the future and do not mean current lower retail prices, but hey, don't let me spoil your dog and pony show.

In a pathetic attempt to attack Biden, trumpers have been crying about an increase in lumber, trying to blame Biden for the increase.

Because inflation is transitory lumber prices have imploded. Prices were in a bubble and now they have corrected dropping massively.

In 2022 inflation will be a nonissue and the economy will still be booming like never before.

You didn't read the whole article...did you, Banker? I suggest you go and do so now.

"While lumber costs are headed down, builders are also dealing with higher costs of other building materials, as well as higher costs of labor."

"Annual inflation rate in the US accelerated to 5% in May of 2021 from 4.2% in April and above market forecasts of 4.7%. It is the highest reading since August of 2008"

Here you go Banker, be sure to grasp the bottom: Data politicians and their support groups don't want you to know - Specifically, the Democrats

Last edited:
Before you celebrate us only having to pay double what we were paying for lumber a year ago, maybe you should read this....

Supply chains are being fixed. They're not fixed completely yet, but they're getting there. Demand may be slowing a bit.

Trumpsters saw a problem and pointed the finger, like Pavlov's Dogs. They have zero (0) idea what caused the inflation, and they don't care.

Blatant, arrogant ignorance: The Trumpian way.

Cupcake what good do futures do the person buying physical wood at the lumber yard today and tomorrow?

TIA!
Shows it was a temporary supply and demand issue. If it was inflation it would not come down..

Don't worry the Trumpsters will move on to another topic and proclaim it is the end of the world because Peanut butter has less peanuts because of Biden...

As for the Stock Market... Trump tried to take credit for it, it was stupid... The President has limited influence in the Stock Market and it doesn't really show how the whole economy is doing...

Gas Prices are set by global pricing which has way more to do with OPEC (which are having a big fight at the moment) than the President... OPEC is a cartel which sets the price of Oil globally, no amount of drilling in US is going to have much of an effect..

Yeah just because the guy you like is in power doesn’t mean you’re capable of predicting commodity prices. Some of the responses to this thread are hysterical

Supply chains are being fixed. They're not fixed completely yet, but they're getting there. Demand may be slowing a bit.

Trumpsters saw a problem and pointed the finger, like Pavlov's Dogs. They have zero (0) idea what caused the inflation, and they don't care.

Anyone that took Econ 101 understands what causes inflation, Mac! When you flood an economy with money it generally creates more demand for fewer goods and services which in turn creates inflation. It isn't rocket science.

Anyone that took Econ 101 understands what causes inflation, Mac! When you flood an economy with money it generally creates more demand for fewer goods and services which in turn creates inflation. It isn't rocket science.
Nice example of my point.

Forum List

Back