Lumber Prices Collapse 40% in June.

In a pathetic attempt to attack Biden, trumpers have been crying about an increase in lumber, trying to blame Biden for the increase.

Because inflation is transitory lumber prices have imploded. Prices were in a bubble and now they have corrected dropping massively.

Biden's economy is so strong and will not be derailed by lumber.

In 2022 inflation will be a nonissue and the economy will still be booming like never before.

I predict Biden will have the best first 24 months in US history.

Supply chains are being fixed. They're not fixed completely yet, but they're getting there. Demand may be slowing a bit.

Trumpsters saw a problem and pointed the finger, like Pavlov's Dogs. They have zero (0) idea what caused the inflation, and they don't care.

Blatant, arrogant ignorance: The Trumpian way.
Anyone that took Econ 101 understands what causes inflation, Mac! When you flood an economy with money it generally creates more demand for fewer goods and services which in turn creates inflation. It isn't rocket science.
Nice example of my point.
Do you disagree with what I just posted?

In a pathetic attempt to attack Biden, trumpers have been crying about an increase in lumber, trying to blame Biden for the increase.

Because inflation is transitory lumber prices have imploded. Prices were in a bubble and now they have corrected dropping massively.

In 2022 inflation will be a nonissue and the economy will still be booming like never before.

Makes sense. The pandemic is ending, so all those people that were stuck at home, doing home projects, are back to work.

Nothing to do with Biden of course.

Supply chains are being fixed. They're not fixed completely yet, but they're getting there. Demand may be slowing a bit.

Trumpsters saw a problem and pointed the finger, like Pavlov's Dogs. They have zero (0) idea what caused the inflation, and they don't care.

Anyone that took Econ 101 understands what causes inflation, Mac! When you flood an economy with money it generally creates more demand for fewer goods and services which in turn creates inflation. It isn't rocket science.
Yes. But I've given up trying to discuss economics with Trumpsters.

You're on "the internet". If you were actually curious, you could find out pretty easily what's happening.

Helpful hint: You won't find it on Breitbart.

Gas is still near $4.00 in many places around the country.

Groceries are still through the roof.

The prices for used cars are bordering the absurd.

Nice try at the cherry pick, Karl.
Reminds me of you guys in 2015.

We said look at the great stock market under Obama. You cherry picked and said yea but growth is under 3% growth. But in 2019 we said look at growth it’s under 3% and you said yea but look at the stock market
The "great stock market" was because the Fed pumped over $4 trillion of fake value into it, idjit.

Hence, the portfolios of the uber-wealthy (whom nose pickers like you claim to hate) swelled, while the anemic growth was handed to Main Street.
And you think republicans or trump care about main sfactors.

Main street did far better under Trump than all of the democrat presidents combined.

The dems are clearly the party of the billionaire class.

Watch gas prices collapse this week now that the July 4 holiday is over with.

Just increased 5 cents here.

Yes. But I've given up trying to discuss economics with Trumpsters.

You're on "the internet". If you were actually curious, you could find out pretty easily what's happening.

Helpful hint: You won't find it on Breitbart.
Far left Democrats want nothing to do with discussing Economics with anyone, Mac! It's not something any of you know anything about! Even Larry Summers is waving red flags over what this Administration is doing with it's huge stimulus packages...and he's one of yours!

New Housing Starts are in a slump as markets adjust.
It's simple supply and demand market conditions.

Analysts project all kinds of possible movement in both the existing homes and new construction markets,
In any case, the Covid related conditions last building season, directly and indirectly led to a glut in the lumber supply market.

Far left Democrats want nothing to do with discussing Economics with anyone, Mac! It's not something any of you know anything about! Even Larry Summers is waving red flags over what this Administration is doing with it's huge stimulus packages...and he's one of yours!
Yeah. Well, okay, I'm a Financial Advisor, CFP, ChFC, CLU, 7, 63, 65, and my experience in analyzing (and far more importantly) acting on this stuff for clients for the past 21+ years probably pales in comparison to your profound education and background on this topic.

So, since you're so well-versed on this issue, please feel free to discuss it with someone at your prodigious intellectual level.

So, since you're so well-versed on this issue, please feel free to discuss it with someone at your prodigious level.

I bought Delta Airlines stock in when it crashed in March (21.35) of last year due to Covid concerns.
Sold it this past March/April (48.83) when they bitched about Georgia's new voter laws.

I'm not a market analyst ... But it doesn't take a genius to make out like a bandit ... :thup:

Last edited:

We said look at the great stock market under Obama. You cherry picked and said yea but growth is under 3% growth. But in 2019 we said look at growth it’s under 3% and you said yea but look at the stock market
Trumpers are ill right now!
I love watching them squirm.

They hate that Biden is better than Trump.
They hate that America is booming under Biden when it sucked under Trump.
Exactly what did Pedo Joe do to lower lumber futures? Link us to his exact action that did that.
He got the country back up and running. Everything was out of stock and now things are getting back to normal. He successfully got the vaccine out there. I think 90% of Democrats have got the vaccine and 49% of Republicans have. Pretty good considering 26% of Americans are dumb fucks.

Did somebody actually blame the price of used cars on Biden?

The "great stock market" was because the Fed pumped over $4 trillion of fake value into it, idjit.

Hence, the portfolios of the uber-wealthy (whom nose pickers like you claim to hate) swelled, while the anemic growth was handed to Main Street.
And you think republicans or trump care about main sfactors.

Main street did far better under Trump than all of the democrat presidents combined.

The dems are clearly the party of the billionaire class.
Do you have a 401K?

Like no president before him, Donald Trump used the stock market as a scorecard, arguing that sharp gains were a vindication of his economic stewardship. But how did his performance stack up with his predecessors?

Not too bad, according to major indexes. Based on annualized returns for the S&P 500 SPX, -0.11%,the U.S. benchmark, Trump (+13.7%) saw the third-best performance of the 15 presidents who have served since 1929, according to Dow Jones Market Data. Trump, however, slightly trailed his immediate predecessor, Barack Obama (+13.8%). Bill Clinton (+15.2%) claims the top spot.

Then Trump's handling of the corona virus wiped out any gains you made from his 2018 tax break. How long were you unemployed? That's because he handled the pandemic piss poorly. Told us not to wear masks and come to his rallies. You're an idiot.

Exactly what did Pedo Joe do to lower lumber futures? Link us to his exact action that did that.
He got the country back up and running. Everything was out of stock and now things are getting back to normal. He successfully got the vaccine out there. I think 90% of Democrats have got the vaccine and 49% of Republicans have. Pretty good considering 26% of Americans are dumb fucks.
With the moronic FauxiVirus lockdowns ending in democrat controlled states, a fucking monkey could have been credited with "getting the country back up and running"......The vax rollout was already well underway well before that senile prevert took office.

You moonbat hack blockheads would give Joe Stealin' credit for the sun rising in the east, if you thought you could get away with it.

The Banker you realize your link is about lumber futures.....not the current price. A drop to the negative is NOT good. It means people aren't buying, those not building....which is horrible for the economic future outlook.
You may as well be trying to 'splain economics to a golf club.

"...pandemic is ending, so all those people that were stuck at home, doing home projects, are back to work."

Indeed. The 'stay-at-home' phenomena of the Covid ordeal created an immense market for DIY projects and other such 'fix-it' endeavors.
Retailers who addressed that market......and this handful I know personally --Home Depot, Lowe's, Menard's, Tractor Supply, Family, Farm & Home, ACE Hdwe ----have had blow-out years. One store manager last July (July of 2020...just 5 months into the pandemic)....he told me then that sales were so off-the-charts that he had 'made' his annual bonus already.

On the other hand, those folks in other businesses...restaurants, theatres, music venues....... they got clobbered. Any business that relied on assembled crowds of people, was particularly vulnerable. And particularly hurt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything was out of stock"

Indeed, in many many industries.
If your manufacturing plant was hit with Covid infections, if your supplier were hit with Covid.....and you had to idle your line, well, output was diminished. Sometimes dramatically. It takes time for the pipeline to again be filled and to be pulsing reliably. Lumber is a good example of that.

Other disruptions....like always even well before Covid ......can have major impacts on the output of one or more industries.

Covid didn't cause the chip shortage for new car assembly......but what is going on in auto manufacturing is remarkable and dramatic. Thousands.....hundreds of thousands, maybe millions (?)....of new vehicles sit in monstrous parking lots simply awaiting the microchips to be installed so the vehicle is operable. The small number of 'house' chips are installed at the end of the assembly line, the vehicle driven to the parking lot, the chip removed......and put in the next vehicles coming off the line. And so on and so on.

And with that constriction in new car output......well, anyone wanna guess what impact that could have on used vehicles.

One more, if anyone is in the market for a side-by-side....UTV (utility vehicle), one of those souped up golfcart-type all terrain vehicles.....well, lead times are 6 months (at least for Polaris). And that is because the main manufacturing facility had a severe outbreak of Covid.

Finally, with the stimulus money inserted in the economy to prevent a collapse, and with supply restricted due to production issue.........well, you have, as someone has already suggested......a lot of money chasing fewer goods.

Let's not be surprised by any of this.
It will stabilize. IMHO

"...pandemic is ending, so all those people that were stuck at home, doing home projects, are back to work."

Indeed. The 'stay-at-home' phenomena of the Covid ordeal created an immense market for DIY projects and other such 'fix-it' endeavors.
Retailers who addressed that market......and this handful I know personally --Home Depot, Lowe's, Menard's, Tractor Supply, Family, Farm & Home, ACE Hdwe ----have had blow-out years. One store manager last July (July of 2020...just 5 months into the pandemic)....he told me then that sales were so off-the-charts that he had 'made' his annual bonus already.

On the other hand, those folks in other businesses...restaurants, theatres, music venues....... they got clobbered. Any business that relied on assembled crowds of people, was particularly vulnerable. And particularly hurt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything was out of stock"

Indeed, in many many industries.
If your manufacturing plant was hit with Covid infections, if your supplier were hit with Covid.....and you had to idle your line, well, output was diminished. Sometimes dramatically. It takes time for the pipeline to again be filled and to be pulsing reliably. Lumber is a good example of that.

Other disruptions....like always even well before Covid ......can have major impacts on the output of one or more industries.

Covid didn't cause the chip shortage for new car assembly......but what is going on in auto manufacturing is remarkable and dramatic. Thousands.....hundreds of thousands, maybe millions (?)....of new vehicles sit in monstrous parking lots simply awaiting the microchips to be installed so the vehicle is operable. The small number of 'house' chips are installed at the end of the assembly line, the vehicle driven to the parking lot, the chip removed......and put in the next vehicles coming off the line. And so on and so on.

And with that constriction in new car output......well, anyone wanna guess what impact that could have on used vehicles.

One more, if anyone is in the market for a side-by-side....UTV (utility vehicle), one of those souped up golfcart-type all terrain vehicles.....well, lead times are 6 months (at least for Polaris). And that is because the main manufacturing facility had a severe outbreak of Covid.

Finally, with the stimulus money inserted in the economy to prevent a collapse, and with supply restricted due to production issue.........well, you have, as someone has already suggested......a lot of money chasing fewer goods.

Let's not be surprised by any of this.
It will stabilize. IMHO

Hopefully by the mid terms, we can have a good picture of the impact of Biden's policies. Certainly by 2024 we should be able to see the trends he is creating.

Trump's trends were looking real good, before Covid. Most people, obviously expect that Biden's will be disastrous, imo.

The republicans are mostly looking forward to it. The dems are mostly trying to distract from real issues, with talk of w.s. and other.... made up shit.

You listed no Pedo Joe policy.

The country was gonna open up due to Trumps vaccines. It was already out there and being given to over a million per day when Veggie Joe took office thinking there was no vaccine.

What is the reason for this though? If it's a demand issue that might not be a positive result. It may just be cyclical.
It is absolutely a negative result.

Typically means that new home building has stagnated or stopped.

Most likely, the skyrocketing cost of lumber put many out of business, and now there is no demand for lumber because there is no one building.

Forum List

Back