Lynching in America: Confronting the Legacy of Racial Terror

Nobody brought up "flogging ourselves" or any other emotional meltdown. RGS keeps bringing up "shame" but that's his thing too. Me, I'm just recounting history. History that isn't well known. The more y'all try to bury it, the more it's gonna bubble up to the surface. Simply because that's where it needs to be.

You react however you like, but the fact of its existence is not changing. It's done.
We were taught this stuff in fucken grade school and high school. There is no threat of it happening again, so what's the God damned point?
Read the OP so you can figure out the point. If you dont like it stop reading the thread.
Why don't you put your thumb up your butt?

The point of this thread isn't to address an issue but to foment hatred. People are fucking tired of this repetitive bullshit. It's an effort to cause hatred and to breed self-righteous indignation when it's not warranted.

It getting so bad that they want to make James fucking Bond black. Why not try making Superman black? How bout 4 black Ghostbusters? Let's make a movie about the US Hockey Team with black players? Did you know that the South had slaves BTW?

Excuse me a-hole -- I'm the OP here and I'll say what the point is, not you ya arrogant fuck.

The only point you made is that you hate the fact that lynchings took place in America decades ago, and you think white people today should worry about that, and not about the lynchings that are taking place in our back yard:

Again, I've posted absolutely zero about "hating" anything, or any value judgment at all. Similarly I've posted absolutely zero about what anyone should "worry" about. You made that up too.

30 years ago.

Were the dudes prosecuted?

Oh yeah...

"U.S. District Court Judge W. Brevard Hand sentenced Knowles, who by then was 21 years of age, to a life sentence.[9] Knowles had earlier testified that the slaying occurred "to show Klan strength in Alabama."[9] He avoided the death penalty by testifying against Hays at trial.[6]
"On May 18, 1989, Benjamin Franklin Cox, Jr., a truck driver from Mobile, was convicted in a federal court for being an accomplice in the Donald killing. Mobile County Circuit Court Michael Zoghby sentenced the then-28-year old Cox to life in prison for his part in the Donald murder.[10]"

Michael Donald - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
So what's the problem? There was one lynching almost 40 years ago...and the perps were caught and thoroughly punished....

Are we maintaining that we should jump the gun and punish whites when lynchings aren't taking place, in case there are some lynchings in the future?
The problem is Uncensored lied and got caught. I would say it lowers his credibility but you cant lower it any further than it already was.

The fact is, black killers have killed more people than black people have been killed by lynchings in the history of the country.

Let's consider the black crime rate, hmmm? That's a current problem.

We were taught this stuff in fucken grade school and high school. There is no threat of it happening again, so what's the God damned point?
Read the OP so you can figure out the point. If you dont like it stop reading the thread.
Why don't you put your thumb up your butt?

The point of this thread isn't to address an issue but to foment hatred. People are fucking tired of this repetitive bullshit. It's an effort to cause hatred and to breed self-righteous indignation when it's not warranted.

It getting so bad that they want to make James fucking Bond black. Why not try making Superman black? How bout 4 black Ghostbusters? Let's make a movie about the US Hockey Team with black players? Did you know that the South had slaves BTW?

Excuse me a-hole -- I'm the OP here and I'll say what the point is, not you ya arrogant fuck.

The only point you made is that you hate the fact that lynchings took place in America decades ago, and you think white people today should worry about that, and not about the lynchings that are taking place in our back yard:

Again, I've posted absolutely zero about "hating" anything, or any value judgment at all. Similarly I've posted absolutely zero about what anyone should "worry" about. You made that up too.

So make your point.

What's your point? I asked you to make it. If you won't make it, we will have to use our ability to reason to figure it out.

The fact that you refuse to cop to having a *point* is pretty much an admission that you're just stirring the pot, incidentally.

Who said anything about addressing problems? We are addressing facts.Your facts apparently have trouble actually being true. The last lynching was in 1981 you idiot. Did you think I didnt already know this?
laugh.gif

"Michael Donald (July 24, 1961 – March 21, 1981) was a young African American man who was murdered by two Ku Klux Klan members in Mobile, Alabama, in 1981. The murder is sometimes referred to as the last recorded lynching in the United States.[1][2]"

Murder happens every day, Klansman.

Racially motivated murder happens far too frequently (though you probably hope for more black on white murder.)

But murder isn't lynching, Klansman - and the fact that you fuckwads attempt to present it as such is yet another reason that you have no credibility.
You said all that but you missed the point he was lynched by your buddies the Klan. Its a historical fact and the reason we need more threads like this to educate you backwoods racist white hicks. What a dummy you are.
laugh.gif
None of us are buddies with the Klan. That's what your problem is. You are so racist that whites skin to you equals the kkk.

I'm trying reaaaallly hard to see how one lynching almost 40 years ago means we have a problem with white on black lynching mentality in this country.
I keep asking who said there was a problem? The OP just stated some facts.

Yup. Thanks to Christian Republicans, lynching is now illegal in the US, and those who engage in it are prosecuted and punished to the FULLEST extent of the law.

You are welcome.

The fact is, black killers have killed more people than black people have been killed by lynchings in the history of the country.

Sounds like a subject for another thread. This is about lynching in the US.

Yes, it no longer takes place. Thanks to Republican Christians who took a stand against it.

Now we need to take a stand against lynching world wide, or we may see a resurgence in American lynchings, as those factions bring it across our open borders.

Here's an example of justification of lynching....we'll be welcoming these poor people into our country who have been *forced* to lynch:

"Since President Evo Morales took charge in 2006, lynching attacks have risen sharply: in 2013 there were 70 cases reported to authorities, as opposed to 64 between 2002 and 2003, according to figures of Bolivia’s official human rights watchdog. However, the actual numbers could be much higher, as no independent organization tracks lynching.
"For the Bolivian ombudsman office, this increase is the result of the deep crisis of the country's judicial system. The UN reported in 2013 that a lack of judges and courts in most of the country prompts residents to take matters in their own hands."

As Mexico Cracks Down Vigilantes Are On The Rise In Latin America

The same people who are shrieking that today's Republican Christians could at any moment launch into lynching (which they have never engaged in) justify the use of lynching by Muslims and S. American villagers.

Last edited:
Who said anything about addressing problems? We are addressing facts.Your facts apparently have trouble actually being true. The last lynching was in 1981 you idiot. Did you think I didnt already know this?
laugh.gif

"Michael Donald (July 24, 1961 – March 21, 1981) was a young African American man who was murdered by two Ku Klux Klan members in Mobile, Alabama, in 1981. The murder is sometimes referred to as the last recorded lynching in the United States.[1][2]"

Racially motivated murder happens far too frequently (though you probably hope for more black on white murder.)

But murder isn't lynching, Klansman - and the fact that you fuckwads attempt to present it as such is yet another reason that you have no credibility.
You said all that but you missed the point he was lynched by your buddies the Klan. Its a historical fact and the reason we need more threads like this to educate you backwoods racist white hicks. What a dummy you are.
laugh.gif
None of us are buddies with the Klan. That's what your problem is. You are so racist that whites skin to you equals the kkk.
I think you are if you have a problem with this thread. You are the one whining about it. Stop whining and contribute. If you dont like the thread dont comment. Its really that simple. i could give a fug what you dont like so i will continue to contribute and comment on the thread.

Sounds like a subject for another thread. This is about lynching in the US.

Yes, it no longer takes place. Thanks to Republican Christians who took a stand against it.

Now we need to take a stand against lynching world wide, or we may see a resurgence in American lynchings, as those factions bring it across our open borders.
What does that have to do with the OP?

I wonder how he fucked that up so badly? He must be pretty dim to miss that the last lynching was pretty recent.

ROFL

Again, I cited the facts.

{Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith, both African Americans, were lynched on August 7, 1930, in Marion, Indiana. They had been arrested the night before on charges of robbing and murdering a white factory worker and raping his girlfriend. A large crowd broke into the jail with sledgehammers, beat the men, and hanged them. Police officers in the crowd cooperated in the lynching. A third person, 16-year-old James Cameron, escaped lynching due to the intervention of an unidentified member of the crowd who announced that Cameron had nothing to do with the rape or murder.[40] A studio photographer, Lawrence Beitler, took a photograph of the dead bodies hanging from a tree surrounded by a large crowd; thousands of copies of the photograph were sold. The event is notable as the last confirmed lynching of blacks in the Northern United States.[41][42]}
Lynching - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

You have attempted to portray a simple murder as lynching - because you're a racist pile of shit. :dunno:

I'm trying reaaaallly hard to see how one lynching almost 40 years ago means we have a problem with white on black lynching mentality in this country.

Yup. Thanks to Christian Republicans, lynching is now illegal in the US, and those who engage in it are prosecuted and punished to the FULLEST extent of the law.

You are welcome.
Two quick questions. Do you know what legacy of racial terror means and are you saying that there are no racists that would love to do this again?

I wonder how he fucked that up so badly? He must be pretty dim to miss that the last lynching was pretty recent.

ROFL

Again, I cited the facts.

{Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith, both African Americans, were lynched on August 7, 1930, in Marion, Indiana. They had been arrested the night before on charges of robbing and murdering a white factory worker and raping his girlfriend. A large crowd broke into the jail with sledgehammers, beat the men, and hanged them. Police officers in the crowd cooperated in the lynching. A third person, 16-year-old James Cameron, escaped lynching due to the intervention of an unidentified member of the crowd who announced that Cameron had nothing to do with the rape or murder.[40] A studio photographer, Lawrence Beitler, took a photograph of the dead bodies hanging from a tree surrounded by a large crowd; thousands of copies of the photograph were sold. The event is notable as the last confirmed lynching of blacks in the Northern United States.[41][42]}
Lynching - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

You have attempted to portray a simple murder as lynching - because you're a racist pile of shit. :dunno:
That says in the northern united states idiot. If you had read or highlighted just a little further you wouldnt look like a dumbass for posting that.
laugh.gif

My link makes no bones about it being the last recorded lynching.in the US north or south.Keep trying Uncensored. I know how badly you hate being caught in a lie. What a fucking moron!

"The murder is sometimes referred to as the last recorded lynching in the United States.["

Last edited:
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I think you are if you have a problem with this thread. You are the one whining about it. Stop whining and contribute. If you dont like the thread dont comment. Its really that simple. i could give a fug what you dont like so i will continue to contribute and comment on the thread.

Actually, you've complained more than anyone.

You are welcome.
Two quick questions. Do you know what legacy of racial terror means and are you saying that there are no racists that would love to do this again?

The racists aren't the people who have never engaged in lynching, and who in fact were the ones instrumental in making it illegal.

The racists are the people who claim that the people who made it illegal are suspect because they're WHITE. You imbecile.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I have been contributing and you keep saying this thing that has been out there since the 70s needs to yet again be said. Quit beating a dead horse. Try offering solutions instead constantly airing grievances. We're fucken fed up with it.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I have been contributing and you keep saying this thing that has been out there since the 70s needs to yet again be said. Quit beating a dead horse. Try offering solutions instead constantly airing grievances. We're fucken fed up with it.
No I wont quit "beating a dead horse". This needs to be talked about and not swept under the rug to appease your conscious. Its obvious that the fool Uncensored didnt even know when the last official lynching was. When you tell Jews to "stop beating a dead horse" then you would have some credibility. Until then you are just another voice afraid of exposing the truth. You cant offer solutions to issues people pretend were never there.

Forum List

Back