M.O.A.B.

It looks like President Trump is doing what Obama was afraid of doing...trusting his military with local decisions.
Unlike Obama who's military was SO afraid... they handed out this card to the troops.

A laminated card with the following text was distributed to all U.S. Army and Marine personnel in Iraq.
Policies about limiting civilian casualties have soldiers complaining they can't effectively fight; one showed author Michael Hastings a card with regulations including
"Patrol only in areas that you are reasonably certain that you will not have to defend yourselves with lethal force."
For a soldier who has traveled halfway around the world to fight, that’s like telling a cop he should only patrol in areas where he knows he won’t have to make arrests. “Does that make any f–king sense?” Pfc. Jared Pautsch.
In Afghanistan, a New General -- But An Old Strategy

Different military for sure!

It looks like President Trump is doing what Obama was afraid of doing...trusting his military with local decisions.
Unlike Obama who's military was SO afraid... they handed out this card to the troops.

A laminated card with the following text was distributed to all U.S. Army and Marine personnel in Iraq.
Policies about limiting civilian casualties have soldiers complaining they can't effectively fight; one showed author Michael Hastings a card with regulations including
"Patrol only in areas that you are reasonably certain that you will not have to defend yourselves with lethal force."
For a soldier who has traveled halfway around the world to fight, that’s like telling a cop he should only patrol in areas where he knows he won’t have to make arrests. “Does that make any f–king sense?” Pfc. Jared Pautsch.

I think you need to slow down a bit and see what the fall out (pun intended) is going to be from Trump's actions. If it leads to a major war requiring boots on the ground or reinstating the draft, then you're going to look even more like the idiot that you already are.

Bush's approval rating was 22% after he dragged this country through two wars lasting 10 YEARS. Obama was wise to keep us out of them for his terms. The country was sick of war by 2006 and that's one reason Obama won in 2008. Backlash is a bitch.

I think you need to slow down a bit and see what the fall out (pun intended) is going to be from Trump's actions. If it leads to a major war requiring boots on the ground or reinstating the draft, then you're going to look even more like the idiot that you already are.

So you are a micro-war manager..eh?

Did you know that the Obama administration determined political consequences FIRST on EVERY military action?
Benghazi for example. Rather then have an embarrassment 6 weeks before re-election he chose a video to blame !
Again... political considerations before military!
The critics have a point. While saying he would never take options off the table, Obama made clear that restraint was his primary choice. The result has been that those who wish America ill may have had little incentive not to defy it. Exhibit number one for these critics was the President’s failure to enforce his own red line in Syria--a failure that contributed to a perception of weakness.
Obama’s foreign policy: Not every global problem has an American solution

Duh Donald is not mentioned in the article so are you assuming Gen. Nicholson consulted Duh Donald first?

If it involves dropping one of the biggest weapons in we got I would guess so. I'm guessing that whatever it got dropped on was pretty big and under allot of stuff. Hope they got all of them.

President Trump does not fool around. The Pentagon wanted to target these tunnels for years.

Bush's approval rating was 22% after he dragged this country through two wars lasting 10 YEARS. Obama was wise to keep us out of them for his terms. The country was sick of war by 2006 and that's one reason Obama won in 2008. Backlash is a bitch.

Bammer never had an issue feeding meat into that grinder and even making it more easy for the Haji fucks to kill our soldiers with all his rules of engagement. Boosh was just as guilty of it. Glad to see the Donald trying out all this cool new stuff. With a blast radio us of one mile, I would say he got them or at least made life suck for awhile.

Duh Donald is not mentioned in the article so are you assuming Gen. Nicholson consulted Duh Donald first?

On the contrary. Trump is a delegator! He has hired 1000s of people and is well know to "Fire" people who are incompetent!
Military now doing what they've always been designed to do:
The military is not a social experiment. The purpose of the military is to kill people and break things,” Mike Huckabee on transgender rights and the military.

On the contrary. Trump is a delegator! He has hired 1000s of people and is well know to "Fire" people who are incompetent!
Military now doing what they've always been designed to do:
The military is not a social experiment. The purpose of the military is to kill people and break things,” Mike Huckabee on transgender rights and the military.

Well, I do believe the killing folks and breaking point was driven home with the bomb. But it is a big ass bomb.

So I guess that shot about not going all over the world was just the bait to get votes and now his supporters have to defend a complete reversal.

If it involves dropping one of the biggest weapons in we got I would guess so. I'm guessing that whatever it got dropped on was pretty big and under allot of stuff. Hope they got all of them.

not even close.

The bombs target was a "substantial tunnel system used by ISIS"...and the target was completely destroyed.
I cannot imagine any clear thinking American would be against such usage.

It was an isolated IS stronghold that apparently Afghan and coalition troops do not have the resources to attack. This comes before a major decision for NATO countries to decide whether they want to increase or decrease their deployment in the region.

My questions. Was it effective? It is an airburst bomb with limited penetrating capabilities used against an underground complex. How much did it cost? Well I just looked it up and it costs 314 million. Better make a thread on that.

It's so nice to see the adults are in charge again. The world has been set on notice that the U.S. is back to being the U.S. and that the world's elite superpower will not be pushed around.

Forum List

Back