MAGA: Cohen claims Trump knew in advance of 2016 Trump Tower meeting. Who released this?

The Trump Tower meeting was set up in hopes of getting dirt on presidential rival Hillary Clinton from a Russian.

Michael Cohen, the president’s former personal attorney, said Donald Trump knew in advance about a meeting during the 2016 campaign in which Russians were expected to offer negative information about his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, according to a report by CNN.

Citing sources with knowledge of Cohen’s claims, CNN said the attorney is willing to share that information with special counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating Russia’s attempt to influence the 2016 presidential election.

The meeting occurred at Trump Tower in June 2016 with Donald Trump Jr., son-in-law Jared Kushner and then-campaign manager Paul Manafort. They met with a lawyer linked to the Kremlin and a Russian businessman who initially had offered to disclose dirt on Clinton.

Trump has repeatedly denied having any knowledge about the meeting and told The New York Times in July 2017 that he “didn’t know anything” about it.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Michael Cohen Says Trump Knew About Trump Tower Meeting With Russians In Advance: CNN

Here is the original CNN source: Cohen claims Trump knew in advance of 2016 Trump Tower meeting - CNNPolitics

I wonder who leaked this story. Cohen side denies leaking it.

The Trump Tower meeting was set up in hopes of getting dirt on presidential rival Hillary Clinton from a Russian.

That's awful!!!

Only Hillary is allowed to get dirt on presidential rivals from Russians, eh comrade?

Trump lied about it, which most will assume was a cover up. Trump will have to resign at this point.

Trump lied about it,

The FBI lied about the dossier Hillary paid for it. I guess we can cancel the Special Counsel.

Nope, the FISA court was told the dossier came from an opposing political party.

The FBI said they confirmed the info. They lied.

Confirmed what info? Link? The FBI gave the FISA court enough proof to get the warrant.

Michael Cohen, the president’s former personal attorney, said Donald Trump knew in advance about a meeting during the 2016 campaign in which Russians were expected to offer negative information about his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, according to a report by CNN.

Citing sources with knowledge of Cohen’s claims, CNN said the attorney is willing to share that information with special counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating Russia’s attempt to influence the 2016 presidential election.

The meeting occurred at Trump Tower in June 2016 with Donald Trump Jr., son-in-law Jared Kushner and then-campaign manager Paul Manafort. They met with a lawyer linked to the Kremlin and a Russian businessman who initially had offered to disclose dirt on Clinton.

Trump has repeatedly denied having any knowledge about the meeting and told The New York Times in July 2017 that he “didn’t know anything” about it.

Michael Cohen Says Trump Knew About Trump Tower Meeting With Russians In Advance: CNN

Here is the original CNN source: Cohen claims Trump knew in advance of 2016 Trump Tower meeting - CNNPolitics

LMAO! Is that akin to the Hildebeast funding Fusion GPS to dig up dirt on Trump?

There was plenty of dirt to be dug up on the Hildebeast...certainly didn't need a "ROOSKIE" for that.

(snicker)

That's awful!!!

Only Hillary is allowed to get dirt on presidential rivals from Russians, eh comrade?

Trump lied about it, which most will assume was a cover up. Trump will have to resign at this point.

Trump lied about it,

The FBI lied about the dossier Hillary paid for it. I guess we can cancel the Special Counsel.

Nope, the FISA court was told the dossier came from an opposing political party.

The FBI said they confirmed the info. They lied.

Confirmed what info? Link? The FBI gave the FISA court enough proof to get the warrant.

You seriously don't believe that do you? Especially with the truth slowly coming out.

Cohen claims Trump knew in advance of 2016 Trump Tower meeting - CNNPolitics
Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, claims that then-candidate Trump knew in advance about the June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower in which Russians were expected to offer his campaign dirt on Hillary Clinton, sources with knowledge tell CNN. Cohen is willing to make that assertion to special counsel Robert Mueller, the sources said.

:11_2_1043:
The Great Douche lied. IT knew the whole time.

9392.gif

KPRC%20Breaking%20News%20Alert%201280x720_1460133662705_2581847_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

:dance::dance::dance:

That's awful!!!

I don't remember you shouting Hillary should drop out for lying. Did you demand Obama resign over his lies? Politicians are critters. Both sides.

no,

not simply from 'a Russian'

it was:

''getting dirt on presidential rival Hillary Clinton from the Russian GOVERNMENT, as their help to get Donald Trump elected....''

is what the emails to Don Junior SAID.

That's awful!!!

Lies to us are one thing.
Lies to authorities are another.
Lies under oath—TTBOMK the blob has never been under oath in this regard—are fatal.

Don Jr. swore under oath that he never told his father before the meeting. Don Sr. said he was never told in advance.

If that is proven to be a lie…that’s the ballgame.
The Great Douche signed the many pardons long ago.
Just to be safe, in case, it dropped dead.

Electorally, the pardons are largely a moot point. Most times, there is no name cache with those who received them. When someone high profile is caught dead to rights and a pardon is handed down, it retards support. Republicans who were a “law and order” party once upon a time have several senators who ran on such folly. They will either have to perform some jiujitsu to explain how they are still law and order while endorsing a pardon or distance themselves. Trump won the election in 3 states by a total of less than 100,000 votes. That was before the special prosecutor, the incredible amounts of sleaze, getting undressed by two dictator in two consecutive summits, kidnapping little boys and girls, and generally being a dick. A pardon of a high profile guilty person like his son or son in law is not going to help numbers that have already hit the skids enough to flip those states back to blue. All elections are different so don’t take that as gospel but the first 500 days haven’t been kind to someone who won by such a thin margin. And to top it off, inflation is on the rise and the trade war is hurting family farmers.

Damn, it's sad to see this hot story buried in the USMB Breaking News forum instead of the Politics forum.
Well, call a mod to move it. I just did not know where to put this.

It's your thread - so you should ask mods to move it to Politics. Just use the REPORT function in your first post and ask them to move it to Politics.
Okay. I hope I get to keep the Breaking News Alert.

Thank you! It's great to now see this thread in the Politics forum! It doesn't need the "Breaking News Alert".
I fixed that! Start over at OP!

MAGA: Cohen claims Trump knew in advance of 2016 Trump Tower meeting. Who released this?
I haven't read the link yet, but maybe it was neither? Maybe Avanati is somehow involved? I don't know how...?

But it is not beneficial for Cohen, because if he wants to deal with the prosecutors, they are unhappy with 'talkers' because by talking, it lets other witnesses know, what the prosecutors know, before their investigators question them....

By the trump team releasing this info....it could be they are trying to get ahead of the story? But I really do not see how this helps them with it for that cause?

Maybe his team released it because they wanted to let all the other people in the room with Donald Trump when Donny Junior told him about the upcoming meeting KNOW that Cohen is going to rat them out?

Maybe it was to line up all of those other witnesses in the room, into all of them denying it and saying Cohen was lying?

maybe,

OH LORDY, there are tapes of the meeting in Trump's office, where he was told by Junior of the meeting? :dunno:

Overall though.... it doesn't seem good, for either side imo, to leak this tonight?

Don Jr. swore under oath that he never told his father before the meeting. Don Sr. said he was never told in advance.

the president was not under oath when he told the lie, he was simply lying to the public.... don junior was before Congress.... junior is toast, but that is not criminal for the Don.....other than breaking campaign laws on working with foreign governments and getting their help in an election..... I think?

And piss poor judgement...

Trump mentioned at a rally right before the trump tower meeting with the Russian operatives, that he was going to have dirt on Hillary on Monday....or something like that, but he never gave this dirt, the following week as he promised?

Well, call a mod to move it. I just did not know where to put this.

It's your thread - so you should ask mods to move it to Politics. Just use the REPORT function in your first post and ask them to move it to Politics.
Okay. I hope I get to keep the Breaking News Alert.

Thank you! It's great to now see this thread in the Politics forum! It doesn't need the "Breaking News Alert".
I fixed that! Start over at OP!

I haven't read the link yet, but maybe it was neither? Maybe Avanati is somehow involved? I don't know how...?

But it is not beneficial for Cohen, because if he wants to deal with the prosecutors, they are unhappy with 'talkers' because by talking, it lets other witnesses know, what the prosecutors know, before their investigators question them....

By the trump team releasing this info....it could be they are trying to get ahead of the story? But I really do not see how this helps them with it for that cause?

Maybe his team released it because they wanted to let all the other people in the room with Donald Trump when Donny Junior told him about the upcoming meeting KNOW that Cohen is going to rat them out?

Maybe it was to line up all of those other witnesses in the room, into all of them denying it and saying Cohen was lying?

maybe,

OH LORDY, there are tapes of the meeting in Trump's office, where he was told by Junior of the meeting? :dunno:

Overall though.... it doesn't seem good, for either side imo, to leak this tonight?

OH LORDY, I hope there are tapes.
Seems the Gobmint may have 100 tapes.
Well, Digital media recordings.
OH LORDY, They will reflect badly on the Great Douche.
And others.

The Great Douche signed the many pardons long ago.
Just to be safe, in case, it dropped dead.

Electorally, the pardons are largely a moot point. Most times, there is no name cache with those who received them. When someone high profile is caught dead to rights and a pardon is handed down, it retards support. Republicans who were a “law and order” party once upon a time have several senators who ran on such folly. They will either have to perform some jiujitsu to explain how they are still law and order while endorsing a pardon or distance themselves. Trump won the election in 3 states by a total of less than 100,000 votes. That was before the special prosecutor, the incredible amounts of sleaze, getting undressed by two dictator in two consecutive summits, kidnapping little boys and girls, and generally being a dick. A pardon of a high profile guilty person like his son or son in law is not going to help numbers that have already hit the skids enough to flip those states back to blue. All elections are different so don’t take that as gospel but the first 500 days haven’t been kind to someone who won by such a thin margin. And to top it off, inflation is on the rise and the trade war is hurting family farmers.

Seems that I recall that the Hildebeast was a "shoo-in" with a 93 percent chance of winning...the lamstream media had already declared the witch as the winner before a vote was cast. Sucks to be a leftard these days and with the #walkaway movement picking up more steam every day. It's easy to see as to why leftards want an open border of unskilled, uneducated types....they are leftard voting material!!

Forum List

Back