MAGA: Cohen claims Trump knew in advance of 2016 Trump Tower meeting. Who released this?

The Trump Tower meeting was set up in hopes of getting dirt on presidential rival Hillary Clinton from a Russian.

Michael Cohen, the president’s former personal attorney, said Donald Trump knew in advance about a meeting during the 2016 campaign in which Russians were expected to offer negative information about his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, according to a report by CNN.

Citing sources with knowledge of Cohen’s claims, CNN said the attorney is willing to share that information with special counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating Russia’s attempt to influence the 2016 presidential election.

The meeting occurred at Trump Tower in June 2016 with Donald Trump Jr., son-in-law Jared Kushner and then-campaign manager Paul Manafort. They met with a lawyer linked to the Kremlin and a Russian businessman who initially had offered to disclose dirt on Clinton.

Trump has repeatedly denied having any knowledge about the meeting and told The New York Times in July 2017 that he “didn’t know anything” about it.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Michael Cohen Says Trump Knew About Trump Tower Meeting With Russians In Advance: CNN

Here is the original CNN source: Cohen claims Trump knew in advance of 2016 Trump Tower meeting - CNNPolitics

I wonder who leaked this story. Cohen side denies leaking it.

The Trump Tower meeting was set up in hopes of getting dirt on presidential rival Hillary Clinton from a Russian.

That's awful!!!

Only Hillary is allowed to get dirt on presidential rivals from Russians, eh comrade?

Trump lied about it, which most will assume was a cover up. Trump will have to resign at this point.

Trump lied about it,

The FBI lied about the dossier Hillary paid for it. I guess we can cancel the Special Counsel.

What about when Obama lied claiming he didn't know Hillary was using a private server.
Explain? I have no idea what servers my friends have. And I never think about that.
Some people have websites and email domains, and still no server. And is the server, that never got shown to be
indictable of Clinton's and staff. Still was ever important other than BS SCAMS by DOPers and GOP.
Benghazi & Server-GATES, Years of investigations and still a big fat ZERO! I understood that in a few weeks
on both BS gates.

As for the Great Douche DrumpF. These are REAL CRIMES!
Thanks Peter strzok

It'll be so exciting when Trump gets impeached and we have Mike fucking Pence as president.

Pence won't last long either.

Next in line is Paul Ryan. :abgg2q.jpg:

Right now he is.

By the time this gets to the impeachment stage ryan will be out of the congress. He's retiring.

The speaker of the house is next in line after the VP. We don't know who the next speaker of the house will be yet.

By the time impeachment comes the house could be controlled by democrats with a democratic speaker of the house.

Personally, I don't want that to happen. I want some checks and balances on trump. The republicans refuse to do that. I hope that democrats will if they take control of the house.

Impeachment will only send our nation into another tailspin. I can wait until 2020 and hope that russia doesn't have any effect on that election so a democratic candidate is elected.

That's awful!!!

Only Hillary is allowed to get dirt on presidential rivals from Russians, eh comrade?

Trump lied about it, which most will assume was a cover up. Trump will have to resign at this point.

Trump lied about it,

The FBI lied about the dossier Hillary paid for it. I guess we can cancel the Special Counsel.

Nope, the FISA court was told the dossier came from an opposing political party.

The FBI said they confirmed the info. They lied.

Confirmed what info? Link? The FBI gave the FISA court enough proof to get the warrant.

The FBI gave the FISA court enough proof to get the warrant.

The FBI lied.

This sensational allegation came from Christopher Steele, the former British spy. The FISA court was not told that the Clinton campaign was behind Steele’s work. Nor did the FBI and Justice Department inform the court that Steele’s allegations had never been verified. To the contrary, each FISA application — the original one in October 2016, and the three renewals at 90-day intervals — is labeled “VERIFIED APPLICATION” (bold caps in original). And each one makes this breathtaking representation:

The FBI has reviewed this verified application for accuracy in accordance with its April 5, 2001 procedures, which include sending a copy of the draft to the appropriate field office(s).

In reality, the applications were never verified for accuracy.

What ‘Verify’ Means
Consider this: The representation that the FBI’s verification procedures include sending the application to “appropriate field offices” is standard in FISA warrant applications. It is done because the FBI’s Domestic Investigations and Operations Guide (DIOG) mandates that the bureau “ensure that information appearing in a FISA application that is presented to the [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court] has been thoroughly vetted and confirmed.” (See House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes March 1, 2018, letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions, embedded here.) The point is to assure the court that the FBI has corroborated the allegations in the warrant application in the usual way.

A hypothetical shows how this works. Let’s say that X, an informant, tells the FBI in Washington that Y, a person in St. Louis, told him that Z, the suspect, is plotting to rob the bank.

X’s story is unverified; he doesn’t know anything firsthand about Z — he only knows what Y has told him. Obviously, then, the FBI does not instantly run to court and seek a warrant against Z. Instead, the bureau sends an investigative “lead” from headquarters in Washington to the FBI field office in St. Louis. FBI agents in St. Louis then go find and interview Y. Based on that interview, the FBI gathers supporting information (perhaps physical surveillance of Z, scrutiny of available documents and records about Z, etc.). Only then, after debriefing the witness with competent knowledge, do the Justice Department and FBI seek a warrant against Z from the court. In the application, they explain to the judge that they have verified X’s information by interviewing Y and then corroborating Y’s version of events. In fact, if they get solid enough information about Z from Y, there may be no reason even to mention X, whose tip to the FBI was sheer hearsay.

But that is not what happened with the Carter Page FISA warrants.

The FBI presented the court with allegations posited by Steele. He is in the position of X in our hypothetical. He is not the source of any of the relevant information on which the court was asked to rely for its probable-cause finding that Page was a clandestine agent of Russia. In this context, source means a reliable witness who saw or heard some occurrence on which the court is being asked to base its ruling.

Steele has not been in Russia for about 20 years. In connection with the dossier allegations, he was merely the purveyor of information from the actual sources — unidentified Russians who themselves relied on hearsay information from other sources (sometimes double and triple hearsay, very attenuated from the supposed original source).

In each Carter Page FISA warrant application, the FBI represented that it had “reviewed this verified application for accuracy.” But did the bureau truly ensure that the information had been “thoroughly vetted and confirmed”? Remember, we are talking here about serious, traitorous allegations against an American citizen and, derivatively, an American presidential campaign.

When the FBI averred that it had verified for accuracy the application that posited these allegations, it was, at best, being hyper-technical, and thus misleading. What the bureau meant was that its application correctly stated the allegations as Steele had related them. But that is not what “verification” means. The issue is not whether Steele’s allegations were accurately described; it is whether they were accurate, period. Were the allegations thoroughly vetted and confirmed by proof independent of Steele before being presented to the FISA court — which is what common sense and the FBI’s own manual mean by “verified”?

No, they were not.

Carter Page FISA Applications: FBI Used Steele Dossier | National Review

Trump possibly attempted to conspired to obtain opposition research that would keep Hillary out of the White House. How is that legal???

June 3, 2016. Donald Trump, Jr. is informed the Russian government wants to help his daddy win the election. He is told they have some dirt on Clinton. Junior's response to Russian meddling? "I love it."

June 7, 2016. Trump, Jr. emails his Russian source back, confirming he will meet with them. On the very same day, Candidate Trump announces to the world he is going to release some very damaging information on Clinton. Trump clearly was informed of the upcoming meeting with the Russian government reps who wanted to help him win.

You can watch Trump read his teleprompter speech in the video below. And then you can see him stop reading from the teleprompter at around the 7:15 mark and say, "I am going to give a major speech. Probably Monday of next week. And we’re going to be discussing all of the things that have taken place with the Clintons. I think you’re going to find it very informative and very, very interesting.”

The "Monday of next week" was June 13.

June 9, 2016. The meeting with the Russian government cutouts occurs in Trump Tower. In attendance are Trump, Jr., Paul Manafort, and Jared Kushner. Kushner later withholds his attendance at this meeting when filling out his security clearance form. This is a crime. When he learned that news about the meeting was about to break, he rushed to amend his security clearance form, which is an admission he knew at the time he filled it out he had lied on that form.

June 13, 2016. Donald Trump fails to make the "major speech" about the "very, very interesting" dirt he said he was going to have on Clinton.

There it is. Trump and his family and his campaign team knew all along the Russians were working to help Trump win.

They knew before the media. They knew before our intelligence agencies. They knew before the FBI.

They have been lying to the public from the beginning. They have been lying to your face all this time.

How does this make you feel?

Trump_collusion.jpg

Michael Cohen has now confirms Trump knew about the collusion meeting in Trump Tower:

Remember this?

Trump dictated son’s misleading statement on meeting with Russian lawyer

On the sidelines of the Group of 20 summit in Germany last month, President Trump’s advisers discussed how to respond to a new revelation that Trump’s oldest son had met with a Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign — a disclosure the advisers knew carried political and potentially legal peril.

The strategy, the advisers agreed, should be for Donald Trump Jr. to release a statement to get ahead of the story. They wanted to be truthful, so their account couldn’t be repudiated later if the full details emerged.

But within hours, at the president’s direction, the plan changed.

Flying home from Germany on July 8 aboard Air Force One, Trump personally dictated a statement in which Trump Jr. said that he and the Russian lawyer had “primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children” when they met in June 2016, according to multiple people with knowledge of the deliberations.

The extent of the president’s personal intervention in his son’s response, the details of which have not previously been reported, adds to a series of actions that Trump has taken that some advisers fear could place him and some members of his inner circle in legal jeopardy.

As special counsel Robert S. Mueller III looks into potential obstruction of justice as part of his broader investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election, these advisers worry that the president’s direct involvement leaves him needlessly vulnerable to allegations of a coverup.

Trump dictated son’s misleading statement on meeting with Russian lawyer

Trump denies he knew about the collusion meeting. But that video of him I put in the OP shows he did know.

"I am going to give a major speech. Probably Monday of next week. And we’re going to be discussing all of the things that have taken place with the Clintons. I think you’re going to find it very informative and very, very interesting.”

He knew. Of course he knew.

Believe me.

Trump disputes Cohen claim he knew of Trump Tower meeting - CNNPolitics

Question.... did the DNC, and or Hillary Clinton use information obtained through a Soviet Agent against Donald Trump.
Answer.... yes. No one argues it. The fact that they filtered the money through a lawfirm they hired who then used Soviet resources does not remove them from knowingly using said info.

Question.... why is this not a problem?

Question.... did the DNC, and or Hillary Clinton use information obtained through a Soviet Agent against Donald Trump.
Answer.... yes. No one argues it. The fact that they filtered the money through a lawfirm they hired who then used Soviet resources does not remove them from knowingly using said info.

Question.... why is this not a problem?
Right. I need to be shown some evidence that Trump was doing anything more than looking for dirt on Hillary from any source that could give it to him, just like Hillary and co. did about Trump.

The fact that Trump lied about something, including meeting with Russians, doesn't come as a surprise at all. Trump has no problem lying and distorting to make himself look good or avoid criticism.

Poor pseudocons. Desperately trying to make the Trump campaign's collusion be about Hillary. :lol:

He knew, folks.

He knew.

Cohen claims Trump knew in advance of 2016 Trump Tower meeting - CNNPolitics
Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, claims that then-candidate Trump knew in advance about the June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower in which Russians were expected to offer his campaign dirt on Hillary Clinton, sources with knowledge tell CNN. Cohen is willing to make that assertion to special counsel Robert Mueller, the sources said.

:11_2_1043:
The Great Douche lied. IT knew the whole time.

9392.gif

KPRC%20Breaking%20News%20Alert%201280x720_1460133662705_2581847_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

Is that a crime then? Not that he lied about knowing (if he did, in fact, know) but knowing about it?

Cohen claims Trump knew in advance of 2016 Trump Tower meeting - CNNPolitics
Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, claims that then-candidate Trump knew in advance about the June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower in which Russians were expected to offer his campaign dirt on Hillary Clinton, sources with knowledge tell CNN. Cohen is willing to make that assertion to special counsel Robert Mueller, the sources said.

:11_2_1043:
The Great Douche lied. IT knew the whole time.

9392.gif

KPRC%20Breaking%20News%20Alert%201280x720_1460133662705_2581847_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

Is that a crime then? Not that he lied about knowing (if he did, in fact, know) but knowing about it?
It's evidence of a willful attempt to collude with Russia. It blows Trump's denials out of the water.

It'll be so exciting when Trump gets impeached and we have Mike fucking Pence as president.

Pence won't last long either.

Next in line is Paul Ryan. :abgg2q.jpg:

Right now he is.

By the time this gets to the impeachment stage ryan will be out of the congress. He's retiring.

The speaker of the house is next in line after the VP. We don't know who the next speaker of the house will be yet.

By the time impeachment comes the house could be controlled by democrats with a democratic speaker of the house.

Personally, I don't want that to happen. I want some checks and balances on trump. The republicans refuse to do that. I hope that democrats will if they take control of the house.

Impeachment will only send our nation into another tailspin. I can wait until 2020 and hope that russia doesn't have any effect on that election so a democratic candidate is elected.

Who will be impeached in 2029?

Forum List

Back