MAGA Hat Grabbing Punk Indicted

Not sure what that has to do with this but okay....if you support having a jury trial for a idiot who took someone's hat; cool. Just don't bitch about government waste since you're supporting it.

It's not your decision as to whether or not it is okay. All I posted is that what you think may or may not be okay doesn't matter. You can try to argue with that, and it's still not going to matter.

Never said that my opinion did matter however, it is just as valid as anyone else's....

The facts are that the government is spending a shit load of money to prosecute a moron who stole someone's beanie.
If you're for it fine.
If you're against it (like I am) fine.

If you're for it though...you don't get to bitch about government waste since this is an out sized expenditure relative to the value of the offense.
If you're against it, you don't get to bitch the next time the government doesn't go balls deep into prosecuting a minor offense.

The government's job is to prosecute crime. It doesn't matter if I am for it or against it. I didn't bitch about anything.

All you offer is a bunch of assumptions and opinions, that at best would suggest that as a matter of finance or convenience, you think the perpetrator should be above the law.
It's a minor offense, will be prosecuted accordingly, and doesn't seem like they had any problem with the grand jury.

Furthermore, I'm not bitching about anything, you are. :21:

I don't recall saying you were bitching. I said "you don't get to bitch about government waste".
There are no assumptions being offered.
This is spending an out-sized amount of money to make a political point; which is not the government's job at all.

If you think its ok that this asshole picked on a kid with a Trump hat, but it would NOT be ok if a Trump supporter picked on a kid with a Hillary hat, you should do us all a favor and just KYS.

thanks in advance.

Who said that? You get arrested and get fined. That is how a class c misdemeanor is handled.

A Class C Misdemeanor in the state of Texas results in $500 fine and no jail time (unless the defendant requests a trail, and wishes to plead "not guilty").

Dumb ass intolerant liberal arrested, booked, had to post a $5,000 bond, hire a lawyer, and faces time in state jail. Is it mean I think that's funny? :auiqs.jpg:

The District Attorney is an elected position (or in some cases appointed by an elected official). If you don't like them, vote for someone else.

Not sure what that has to do with this but okay....if you support having a jury trial for a idiot who took someone's hat; cool. Just don't bitch about government waste since you're supporting it.

One trial out of at least a dozen cases to be heard in one day. Cost is nothing.
They will make up the money and make a profit by fining the man several hundred dollars.

Yours is a cartoonish understanding of the court system. For just one very small thing; the man-hours spent on jury selection alone will be a many hundred times multiple cost relative to the value of the offense.

Have you ever had jury duty? You get a whole $5.00 for your time.
The judges and prosecutor and all else are already getting paid.
The paperwork is minuscule in the grand scheme.
They will make money off the man. And he will probable plea out and there will be no trial just a fine.

Again; you have a cartoonish understanding (at best) of the court system if you think the only costs involved are for jurors. But lets look at the jury costs alone. Not sure where you get $5.00 from; it's more like $10 if not more. You start with a panel of probably 36 to get 12. That is $360 bucks right there for a $10 hat.

The maximum punishment is a $500 dollar fine. So if he gets the max, the state made a whopping $140. But we both know there are other costs involved. Clerical alone will blow that out of the water but you continue on with your fantasy on how it works. I won't mind.

The jury pool.is for all trials going on.
$500 from one man. What of the other dozen or so trials?

Who said that? You get arrested and get fined. That is how a class c misdemeanor is handled.

A Class C Misdemeanor in the state of Texas results in $500 fine and no jail time (unless the defendant requests a trail, and wishes to plead "not guilty").

Yes. I know. This was a response to the other dumbass who said that there was no punishment for a minor crime.

Yes. I know. This was a response to the other dumbass who said that there was no punishment for a minor crime.

If the guy shows up for his court date, and pleads guilty, he can walk out the door and give the clerk at the window $500 dollars. That will probably cover the costs of providing him with a chair, where he can wait for his name to be called.

Good. Don’t put your hands on people and/or steal their property.

If the guy shows up for his court date, and pleads guilty, he can walk out the door and give the clerk at the window $500 dollars. That will probably cover the costs of providing him with a chair, where he can wait for his name to be called.

Ok.

Ok.

Yeah it's okay, nothing wrong with that, and it will help pay the electric bill.

Ok.

Yeah it's okay, nothing wrong with that, and it will help pay the electric bill.

Ok. Perhaps the next time someone walking their dog (as someone is doing right now outside of the Starbucks where I'm sitting) and the pooch craps on the sidewalk, we can empanel a grand jury to bring the owner and Fido to justice!!!

Ok. Perhaps the next time someone walking their dog (as someone is doing right now outside of the Starbucks where I'm sitting) and the pooch craps on the sidewalk, we can empanel a grand jury to bring the owner and Fido to justice!!!

Grand juries aren't like trail juries and are already empaneled anyway. They meet regularly and review a multitude of cases for an extended period of time. They also don't decide guilt or innocence, but they simply decide whether or not a crime may have been committed. With the video evidence, it probably took about 2 minutes of their time before they moved on to the next case.

Getting the opportunity to serve on a grand jury, is both amazing and a pain in the ass at the same time. :21:

Last edited:
Typical liberal intolerance of free speech and expression. Hope he’s an illegal so they can deport him.
Man accused of stealing teen's MAGA hat indicted by grand jury
A SMALL MEASURE OF ACCOUNTABILITY: Florida man who spat on Florida man with MAGA hat gets jail time.
I64R24WDHJAHLJOGI7CNTBRI5A.jpg

Vile Hater Lefty Gets Jail
90 days in the Indian River County Jail as well as to have no further contact with the victim and pay the victim $155 plus probation, according to the report from Newsweek.

Typical liberal intolerance of free speech and expression. Hope he’s an illegal so they can deport him.
Man accused of stealing teen's MAGA hat indicted by grand jury
A SMALL MEASURE OF ACCOUNTABILITY: Florida man who spat on Florida man with MAGA hat gets jail time.
I64R24WDHJAHLJOGI7CNTBRI5A.jpg

Vile Hater Lefty Gets Jail
90 days in the Indian River County Jail as well as to have no further contact with the victim and pay the victim $155 plus probation, according to the report from Newsweek.
his mommy is proud of him

Forum List

Back