MAGA members need to travel more

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
MAGA members need to travel more. Travel will eliminate Trumpism.

1717624154190.png

The premise of yoar thread is based on a poisoning the well fallacy or a straw man fallacy;

8sxgin.jpg

8sxg8b.jpg

It is absolutely absurd to bleev that those who like Trump haven't traveled, been to university, aren't well read, or are necessarily all bigots.

I could name plenty of famous folks that support Trump that belie yoar dumb premise.

Mark Twain would condemn this entire circus, both Trump and Biden, surely.

"To lodge all power in one party and keep it there is to insure bad government and the sure and gradual deterioration of the public morals."
- Autobiographical dictation, 24 January 1906. Published in Autobiography of Mark Twain, Volume 1 (University of California Press, 2010)

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
- Autobiographical dictation, 12 September 1907. Published in Autobiography of Mark Twain, Volume 3 (University of California Press, 2015)

1717625450522.png

The premise of yoar thread is based on a poisoning the well fallacy or a straw man fallacy;

8sxgin.jpg

8sxg8b.jpg

It is absolutely absurd to bleev that those who like Trump haven't traveled, been to university, aren't well read, or are necessarily all bigots.

I could name plenty of famous folks that support Trump that belie yoar dumb premise.
This is a statement of the background of people who broad based experience tens to make them more accepting and less bigotted.
These are characteristics essential to Democracy. You need to accept and work with people who are and think different than you. If you cannot do that, you cannot have a democracy.

Mark Twain would condemn this entire circus, both Trump and Biden, surely.

"To lodge all power in one party and keep it there is to insure bad government and the sure and gradual deterioration of the public morals."
- Autobiographical dictation, 24 January 1906. Published in Autobiography of Mark Twain, Volume 1 (University of California Press, 2010)

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
- Autobiographical dictation, 12 September 1907. Published in Autobiography of Mark Twain, Volume 3 (University of California Press, 2015)

View attachment 958066
Yes, we cannot have governemt who tries to eliminate all those who do not think like them. Trump does that to a degree no other has.

You assume all these people havnt traveled? how can you do that?

I guess because you make the same fatal assumption that they are all biggots, your mind just cant get itself
out of the rut.
Those who have exposure and get to know different cultures, races and religion tend to be less bigoted.

Those who have exposure and get to know different cultures, races and religion tend to be less bigoted.

But you cant assume people are bigoted just because they voted for Trump. Its a fallacy. You can point to some examples but there are tens of millions of people. Racist Trump voters is a political talking point that gets people riled up, so its supported by media who are already biased politically.

This is a statement of the background of people who broad based experience tens to make them more accepting and less bigotted.
These are characteristics essential to Democracy. You need to accept and work with people who are and think different than you. If you cannot do that, you cannot have a democracy.
So. . . you are describing yourself then? :eusa_think:

Because, for where I am sitting. . . the GOP and MAGA folks, have worked more with Biden, than the reverse, TBH.

When I read threads about Trump and the MAGA folks, it is usually never about their policy preferences, or engaging them on issues. . it is just fallacy after fallacy.

The ruling oligarchy has treated them, essentially the same as they had treated the Occupy folks.

YOU? Show yourself to have some serious psychological problems.... from where most folks sit.

You are running out of real policy arguments, so? Now you have to grasps at straws.

But you cant assume people are bigoted just because they voted for Trump. Its a fallacy. You can point to some examples but there are tens of millions of people. Racist Trump voters is a political talking point that gets people riled up, so its supported by media who are already biased politically.
Definitely all Trump voters are not racist but a very large % are.

Donald Trump openly entertains the US's most well known neo-Nazi, Nick Fuentes along with the bigot Ye. David Dike, the best known KKK leader in the US strongly endorses Trump.
If Trump openly accepts the endorsement of the biggest racists in our country, he is pursing the racist vote.
The biggest racists in the USA support Trump because they know their causes will do better in a Trump Presidency.

That is one reason I would never vote for Trump

So. . . you are describing yourself then? :eusa_think:

Because, for where I am sitting. . . the GOP and MAGA folks, have worked more with Biden, than the reverse, TBH.

When I read threads about Trump and the MAGA folks, it is usually never about their policy preferences, or engaging them on issues. . it is just fallacy after fallacy.

The ruling oligarchy has treated them, essentially the same as they had treated the Occupy folks.

YOU? Show yourself to have some serious psychological problems.... from where most folks sit.

You are running out of real policy arguments, so? Now you have to grasps at straws.
Thank you, Dr. Meister, for your diagnosis.
I agree that ther is not enough talk on the issues. Two reasons.
1. Trump focuses on the clim he is the victim. His biggest selling point is the deep state is after me and they will be after you. Help me. The victim story is louder then the issue story.
2. The biggest reason I am not voting for Trump is not issues. The reason he is not fit to lead. The fact he is a danger to our Democracy. The people making this point effectively are many Republicans who have worked with him.

Forum List

Back