Maine’s passage of ‘right to food’ amendment stirs celebration, worry

There is a difference between being naturally unemployed and being unemployed for-cause. Even right-wingers should be able to understand that.

Your reply has absolutely nothing to do with my post.

Your plan would likely take away healthcare for millions of families, and yet not give them enough income to buy healthcare on the private market.

There is no for-Cause requirement in an at-will employment State, thus Government has no authority or right, to abuse that Social Power due to unequal protection of the laws.
And that's not what it's doing, as you will find out when your case is tossed out of court. UC laws have been around long enough that were they unconstitutional, they would have been challenged by now. No one but you believes they are "unequal protection of the laws".

An exception to the rule? It would be called welfare since he should have been examined by medical professionals to ensure it was not for health related reasons.

Oh, so someone would have to have a medical exam, but would not have to have any report of the assets they possess that they could use to support themselves?

Your plan would likely take away healthcare for millions of families, and yet not give them enough income to buy healthcare on the private market.
It's glaringly obvious that Daniel has not thought beyond, "It's not fair that I can't get UC just because I quit my job".

It's glaringly obvious that Daniel has not thought beyond, "It's not fair that I can't get UC just because I quit my job".

And when you mention welfare as an option, he goes on and on about means testing. Which shows he has some assets that he could use to support himself, but does not want to do so.

This entire topic is about Daniel wanting, but not needing, money. Given the way he talks about women, he does not actually care about the poor. He denigrates those who work for a living. And he wants money so he can get laid.

IOW, you want a cradle to grave nanny state where someone could literally live off his parents until he became an adult, then get paid this fantasy UC money for his entire adult life, then go on Social Security and exist until he dies, not having contributed anything to the economy his entire life. do you not see how ridiculous that is?
Why do you allege to care, right-wingers? Y'all have no morals or ethics. Stop whining.

I don't expect a 90 year old to be working to earn a living.
Do you believe anyone with recourse to an income for simply being unemployed in our at-will employment States would learn Nothing about Capitalism by merely existing in our economy?

oh ok...sure yeah. you can go right ahead...people file lawsuits all the time. You have every right to sue the State if you want.

I am just not sure why you would sue your state, for a Constitutional violation and not take it directly to Federal Court, who has orgininal jurisdiction over those sort of claims, that involve US Constitutional matters
Thanks. Just ask. It is specifically from an abridgement, denial, and disparagement of benefits. I prefer to keep it to ourselves and our State whenever possible.

Thanks. Just ask. It is specifically from a denial of benefits. I prefer to keep it to ourselves and our State whenever possible.
oh yeah if you are simply appealing a denial of benefits you should keep it in the state and follow the appeal process

i thought you were challenging the Constitutionality of the UE insurance law of your state

You do realize that there will ALWAYS be people in poverty, right? What you want to do would bankrupt the country and not achieve your goals. IOW, a farce.
No. Not at all. I only realize that I would be foolish to take right-wingers seriously about economics, the law, or politics. There is a simple solution to simple poverty. You confuse poverty with Poor. Typically of the fantastical, economically clueless, and economically Causeless right-wing.

Vote blue not red!

Well, duh, because they could get an extra 30 grand a year for doing nothing. And what you want to do is welfare, not UC.
What if it automatically puts them in a high enough tax bracket to where it can increase the multiplier?

Why do you believe that, if they would be able to afford to see a doctor, or an attorney?

And that's not what it's doing, as you will find out when your case is tossed out of court. UC laws have been around long enough that were they unconstitutional, they would have been challenged by now. No one but you believes they are "unequal protection of the laws".
You need valid arguments not simply making up and assuming your own conclusions. NPD?

Why do you believe that, if they would be able to afford to see a doctor, or an attorney?

Because making $31,200 per year would disqualify them from drawing Medicaid. Most private healthcare policies cost $1,000 to $1,500 per month ($12,000 to $18,000 per year). In other words, 1/3 of their pre-tax income. Federal tax on $31,200 is 12%, so their net income (before state tax is taken) is just under $27,500.

oh yeah if you are simply appealing a denial of benefits you should keep it in the state and follow the appeal process

i thought you were challenging the Constitutionality of the UE insurance law of your state
Thanks. I wrote to the Court about the issues involved and how I may need recourse to our Tenth Amendment to ensure we can get a comprehensive solution from the general Government of the Union.

Because making $31,200 per year would disqualify them from drawing Medicaid. Most private healthcare policies cost $1,000 to $1,500 per month ($12,000 to $18,000 per year). In other words, 1/3 of their pre-tax income. Federal tax on $31,200 is 12%, so their net income (before state tax is taken) is just under $27,500.
A capital decision? It is why education can be important. An accountant would give you your best options.

I asked the Court to assign a Senior Judge instead of a special master because it did not occur to me and I thought a Senior Judge would be more helpful.

Trying to settle out of Court with the Court. Only in California, right?

A capital decision? It is why education can be important. An accountant would give you your best options.
Oh, so they pay an accountant out of the $27.500.00 to tell them what to do with all the money they have left? lol

Let's see what they would have left.

Rent - $750 per month (and that is cheap in most places).
Groceries - $500 per month (using coupons and eating cheap)
Power bill - $125
Gas bill - $40 (if the wear sweaters in winter)
Car Payment - $400
Gasoline - $100 ($25 a week)
Cable/internet - 100
Car Maint - $50
Car Insurance - $75 (cheap)
Misc - $100

That comes to $2,240.00 per month, or $26,880.00 per year.

So they would pay an accountant to tell them what to do with the $11.92 a week that they have left over.

And you will notice there is no money for healthcare, life insurance, furniture replacement/purchase, buying clothes or shoes, going out for entertainment, or other things most families enjoy.

I asked the Court to assign a Senior Judge instead of a special master because it did not occur to me and I thought a Senior Judge would be more helpful.

Trying to settle out of Court with the Court. Only in California, right?

Settle out of court?? So they will PAY you to drop your lawsuit?

Forum List

Back