Majority Leader Chuck Schumer: "If you wanna get rid of inflation, the only way to do it, is to undo a lot of the Trump Tax Cuts and raise rates."

These bastards get salary increases by NOT voting against it. Do you realize that. They are boinking us up the butt every time congress is in session. When are we going to become fatigued with that.

They should get NO salary. It is an honor to serve this nation. Not your gravy train you son's of bitches. No perks, no free stuff, you live by what you pass for the rest of us. TERM LIMITS.

That's right everyone. After declaring inflation "out of their control", democrats finally say they have a solution, so there is finally a reason to vote for them

They will fix inflation by raising your taxes.

If you don't have any money to spend, you can't buy anything

Duh!

But then, this is their answer to everything, from climate control to trying to get little Jimmy in the second grade that sex change he has wanted since he was 6 months of age.
It's actually a bit more sinister. The progressives "create" more dollars with deficit spending, and "give" these dollars to people with "less" money through income tax credits, regardless of whether these people actually pay ANY federal income tax.

Then, if there's inflation, the raise income tax rates on the top 10% (or pick a number from 20-1%) to "reduce" the amount of dollars in the economy, thereby reducing inflation.

(not that the pro-banking fed reserve policy of the past 40 years hasn't produced winners and losers too. If you own a bank, you do very nicely when interest rates are higher than lower.)

It's actually a bit more sinister. The progressives "create" more dollars with deficit spending, and "give" these dollars to people with "less" money through income tax credits, regardless of whether these people actually pay ANY federal income tax.

Then, if there's inflation, the raise income tax rates on the top 10% (or pick a number from 20-1%) to "reduce" the amount of dollars in the economy, thereby reducing inflation.

(not that the pro-banking fed reserve policy of the past 40 years hasn't produced winners and losers too. If you own a bank, you do very nicely when interest rates are higher than lower.)

Interest rates are a much better vehicle to do this.

Why?

Because when the economy cools off and they soak up some of the money, the fed will then lower rates again voluntarily. But taxes, they are forever, and once they go up, you have to fight like hell to elect someone to lower them again. So instead of making financial health decisions for the country where they should be made, we are doing it politically. Plus, raising taxes does nothing, if the fed just turns around and spends it back into the economy. How many of you think if we allow them to raise taxes for their intended purpose, that congress is just going to take that money and burn it to get it off the books?

It is corporate greed that is causing inflation. The rich and powerful have seen massive increases in the amount of wealth they control. Yes taxes should be raised to soak that money up.
It is politician GREED that is causing inflation----

Inflation is to many dollars chasing to few products.

And the fucking Biden and company including the FED printed money to funnel money into their pockets which has set off a giant wave of inflation following the stimulus bullshit spending.

It is politician GREED that is causing inflation----

Inflation is to many dollars chasing to few products.

And the fucking Biden and company including the FED printed money to funnel money into their pockets which has set off a giant wave of inflation following the stimulus bullshit spending.
But were u complaining when the Fed was buying up govt debt issued when Trump was potus?

There's not much argument that the dems screwed up in putting too much money into consumers pockets too early ... because production was still lagging after covid and all economies (including china and the europe) shut down temporarily. It was one thing to make sure people had money to eat, and people didn't lose homes or get evicted. It was another thing when the progressives told people they shouldn't have to get jobs

But the gop's equally guilty of "printing" money to cover up debt. The gop just gave most of the money to the very rich ... who don't spend but rather save, and that doesn't cause inflation.

But the gop's equally guilty of "printing" money to cover up debt.
How's that again? The democrat controlled congress passed the budget in an election year, knowing they had the majority and with a couple of RINOs in the senate it was a done deal. You need to wise up. Democrats have always been the party of tax and spend and nothing has changed.

Congress is in charge of the purse strings. Congress has been in democrat hands since 2018. What GOP plan would that be, since the democrats control? LMAO careful what you wish for, you've got it.
Last time you got control of congress that was the first thing you did ......cut taxes for the rich

The gop is the party of billionaires.....that's why they elected one

Last time you got control of congress that was the first thing you did ......cut taxes for the rich
Wrong again. First, I, as is the case with you, have never had control. Second, I am a senior on a fixed income and far from being rich, but my taxes went down. I think you need to quit parroting the democrat party line.

The gop is the party of billionaires.....that's why they elected one
You have no idea what you are talking about. The Republican party is however for more successful working people in general.

Wrong again. First, I, as is the case with you, have never had control. Second, I am a senior on a fixed income and far from being rich, but my taxes went down. I think you need to quit parroting the democrat party line.
Not near as much as went down for millionaires by percentage.

They eat the meal....you scramble for the crumbs that fall from the table

Not near as much as went down for millionaires by percentage.

They eat the meal....you scramble for the crumbs that fall from the table
When have taxes ever been figured by anything but percentages? I don't earn as much, therefore I don't pay as much. The rich earn more, pay a higher percentage toward taxes that the democrats give away to those who don't work who scramble for the crumbs--as they should. The world doesn't owe you a living. That is capitalism.

It is corporate greed that is causing inflation. The rich and powerful have seen massive increases in the amount of wealth they control. Yes taxes should be raised to soak that money up.
Talking about greed. When was the last time you refused a pay raise? Never, because you are a greedy bastard too.

When have taxes ever been figured by anything but percentages? I don't earn as much, therefore I don't pay as much. The rich earn more, pay a higher percentage toward taxes that the democrats give away to those who don't work who scramble for the crumbs--as they should. The world doesn't owe you a living. That is capitalism.
I dont think yiu know how percentage works. Lol

Forum List

Back