Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
well how about that, our wonderful elected masters on the hill are ignoring the will of the people AGAIN

SNIP:

Credit: Reuters/Jorge Duenes

By Rachelle Younglai

WASHINGTON | Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:09pm EST

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - More than half of U.S. citizens believe that most or all of the country's 11 million illegal immigrants should be deported, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Wednesday that highlights the difficulties facing lawmakers trying to reform the U.S. immigration system.

The online survey shows resistance to easing immigration laws despite the biggest push for reform in Congress since 2007.

Thirty percent of those polled think that most illegal immigrants, with some exceptions, should be deported, while 23 percent believe all illegal immigrants should be deported.

Only 5 percent believe all illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay in the United States legally, and 31 percent want most illegal immigrants to stay.

These results are in line with other polls in recent years, suggesting that people's views on immigration have not changed dramatically since the immigration debate reignited in Congress last month, according to Ipsos pollster Julia Clark.

all of it here
Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported | Reuters

Without making any comment on the immigration issue, I can say I don't think the results of random polls are the best way to make policy decisions.

Without making any comment on the immigration issue, I can say I don't think the results of random polls are the best way to make policy decisions.

well no, we should just let them that work FOR US do whatever the hell they feel like
people have been saying this same thing FOR YEARS

Last edited:
It would be interesting for those people to explain just how they intend to go about finding, rounding up, detaining, holding, feeding, adjudicating and transporting 11-20 million people without busting the budget wide open.

It's not as simple as most simpletons think.

It would be interesting for those people to explain just how they intend to go about finding, rounding up, detaining, holding, feeding, adjudicating and transporting 11-20 million people without busting the budget wide open.

One at a time my friend ...one at a time. You start doing that and the rest will leave.
Massive penalties for anyone hiring them will speed the process.

They don't need to be rounded up and deported. Just stop giving them benefits and deport them when they are found. They go to an emergency room, stabilize them, deport them and start reducing foreign aid in accordance with the care given to those citizens.

Tax remittances that illegals send to their families in their home countries. Stop employers from hiring them. Give landlords tools to evict illegals. Overturn the asinine laws that provides for their education. End welfare, HUD housing, WIC. All the government give a ways.

Put illegals back in the same position they were in before we started protecting them.

It's so easy that you had to ask the question again because you don't like the answer.

Now YOU tell us how you plan on rounding up 11-20 million illegals and documenting each and everyone of them, investigating their background to make sure they have not broken any other laws and so on.

Go ahead, I'll enjoy watching you fail. I love your range btw, 11-20 million.... Really shows how much you know going into the mess despite having no plan.

The program will pay itself since we will no longer have to shell out $ 400 billion a year giving free schooling and health care to illegals and giving them welfare and housing 300,000 of them in our prisons.

How can any decent america want these criminal invaders to stay? Only america-hating libulals do.

well no, we should just let them that work FOR US do whatever the hell they feel like people have been saying this same thing FOR YEARS
I'll bet you wouldn't have made this thread if a poll came out that was against your partisan political beliefs.

If you believe random polls should dictate policy then you are exactly the reason they shouldn't.

Forum List

Back