"Make America Great Again"...what do you think it means?

I've noticed Liberals can become quite offended by the phrase and I can't for the life of me figure out why such a thing could be considered offensive to a real American.
The meaning and implication to me is clear....there were times when this country was better than it is today...let's work toward becoming the type of citizens we were during those times.
Why does that notion suck again?
Which time was better than we are today?
/——/ For starters: Reagan’s recovery on the other hand averaged a 7.9% annual GDP growth rate for his first 7 years in office. During Reagan's eight year presidency. Until Obozo, folks knew what bathroom to use and wouldn’t get fired for not knowing what pronoun to use when addressing gender confused.
Reagan did not face nearly as bad a recession as the Great Obama

The workers make this nation great....sorry but presidents don't. This new generation of young workers is the hardest working most productive this nation has EVER seen. Talk about a willingness to go above and beyond. Employers have it so so easy to find good workers it's unreal.
/——/ because the President is fixing the economy.

I've noticed Liberals can become quite offended by the phrase and I can't for the life of me figure out why such a thing could be considered offensive to a real American.
The meaning and implication to me is clear....there were times when this country was better than it is today...let's work toward becoming the type of citizens we were during those times.
/——/ For starters: Reagan’s recovery on the other hand averaged a 7.9% annual GDP growth rate for his first 7 years in office. During Reagan's eight year presidency. Until Obozo, folks knew what bathroom to use and wouldn’t get fired for not knowing what pronoun to use when addressing gender confused.
/—-/ I lived and worked during the Jimma Carter dissster. That recession was horrible and worse than what Obozo inherited.

/—-/ I lived and worked during the Jimma Carter dissster. That recession was horrible and worse than what Obozo inherited.
Not even close

Did the stock market lose half its value under Carter?
Were 750,00 a month losing their jobs?
Were banks and auto companies on the verge of failing ?

They were when the Great Obama took office

Not even close

We had 20% interest rates under Carter, 12% inflation and 8% unemployment.

Not even close

We had those rates under Ford too
Carter had a balanced budget

We were not on the verge of financial collapse when Reagan took office

We were when the Great Obama took office. He saved us from depression

Liberals are offended by this slogan because they didn't think of it first. Because they want to manipulate public opinion, too. And besides, nationalism has become an anathema to the globalist that control the leftist ("American") democratic party groupthink agenda...so either way, they are pissed.

Last edited:
Not even close

/—-/ No balanced budget since WWII

Not even close

/—-/ Jimma Carter’s was worse. I lived through it. You weren’t even born then.

Make America Great Again was a thinly veiled claim that America was not great with Obama as President
Try "We simply gotta get that Black Man out of our White House. Orange Orangutan? Ah, so much better!"

Last edited:
Not even close

/—-/ No balanced budget since WWII
We did not have a balanced budget in WWII

Not true. The people paid directly through the Federal Reserve high prime rates. The bill from the 1960's came due. And we were just tinkering with printing fiat currency out of the wazoo. Which was enabled by the final link of gold tied to our currency being cut in 1971. Everybody could see graphs for their advantage. But look up graphs of the amount of currency being printed since then. Our foundation is gone.

look up graphs of the amount of currency being printed since then.

Okay, done.

a chart of the money that's actually printed each year:

5089a691eab8ead11d00000c-750.jpg

Bet you call anyone so much as mentioning AGW or climate change an alarmist too. So much RW extremist blather here. So little verification provided! Just another troll farm where paid propagandists hope to prey upon already highly misled and easily manipulated "broke losers." I know, you'd be ashamed if you had any.

Not true. The people paid directly through the Federal Reserve high prime rates. The bill from the 1960's came due. And we were just tinkering with printing fiat currency out of the wazoo. Which was enabled by the final link of gold tied to our currency being cut in 1971. Everybody could see graphs for their advantage. But look up graphs of the amount of currency being printed since then. Our foundation is gone.
Reagan led us into a path of long term debt in return for short term prosperity

Forum List

Back