Making America Great Again: Kentucky Legislature Approves Bible Class In Public Schools

Whose bible? But that will be cool, they can have Koran classes, Torah classes, etc. and with this law, they'll have to allow them.

I am so proud of Kentucky. It's never too late to return our youth to God and instill moral Christian values upon them.

Kentucky Legislature Approves Bible Class In Public Schools
Since this is an elective class it seems acceptable, but it is a step in the wrong direction IMHO in that it is exclusive. The article says it isn't to teach Bible, but to 'understand' Bible. Yet you and I both know that if a class to teach about 'understanding' Hindi or Buddha or Islam were offered even as an elective, these very same legislators would be all atwitter with righteous rage. OTOH, since KY parents have failed in their responsibility to teach their children 'the way they should go', then I guess shoving it off onto the schools to do for them is the only course left.

I am so proud of Kentucky. It's never too late to return our youth to God and instill moral Christian values upon them.

Since this is an elective class it seems acceptable, but it is a step in the wrong direction IMHO in that it is exclusive. The article says it isn't to teach Bible, but to 'understand' Bible. Yet you and I both know that if a class to teach about 'understanding' Hindi or Buddha or Islam were offered even as an elective, these very same legislators would be all atwitter with righteous rage. OTOH, since KY parents have failed in their responsibility to teach their children 'the way they should go', then I guess shoving it off onto the schools to do for them is the only course left.
That's what is happening. Public schools are EXPECTED to take on more and more of a parenting role. I'm gonna guess they'd rather not do that, but someone has to...and the parents aren't.

This class, like the other such classes, will be taught in a secular syllabus of literary, historical, graphical contexts.

This is quite common in the modern UsA.

That's what is happening. Public schools are EXPECTED to take on more and more of a parenting role. I'm gonna guess they'd rather not do that, but someone has to...and the parents aren't.
Exactly, Bodecea, and why someone would be proud of that failure by parents is way beyond me. No wonder our schools are so far behind. They are tasked with parenting more than teaching and yet stripped of effective discipline. Worse of all is how children are not taught at home to respect authority of teachers.

Can only help at this point. The American Public School System is in shambles. As Trump has pointed out, among the most developed nations in the world, the U.S spends the most per pupil, yet ranks at the bottom.

Ok, now cue the phony Communist/Progressive ranting & raving about how much they care about the Constitution...

Last edited:
Can only help at this point. The American Public School System is in shambles. As Trump has pointed out, among the most developed nations in the world, the U.S spends the most per pupil, yet ranks at the bottom.

Ok, now cue the phony Communist/Progressive ranting & raving about how much they care about the Constitution...
Trump has a plan to set our schools back on the right track? Wonderful! What's the plan?

Trump has a plan to set our schools back on the right track? Wonderful! What's the plan?

Anything other than what the career hack Politicians are doing. It can only get better at this point. Can't get much worse.

Anything other than what the career hack Politicians are doing. It can only get better at this point. Can't get much worse.
Paul, your faith is commendable, but I think it is misplaced.

Paul, your faith is commendable, but I think it is misplaced.

I'm done with career hack Politicians. How can we spend so much money and still rank at the bottom? It just represents so perfectly what the hacks have done to our nation. It's time for real change.

Genesis 19:

Lot and His Daughters

30Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth. 32Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”

33That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

34The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” 35So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

36So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father. 37The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moabg ; he is the father of the Moabites of today. 38The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammih ; he is the father of the Ammonitesi of today.

Giving the girls the ideas again I see? Well, it's Kentucky so they didn't have far to go...

Be careful what you wish for. Many people reject the bible once they read the crap that's in it.

Forum List

Back