🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Man arrested for shooting at Fiance's attempted kidnappers

The problem is that in the legal sense the man was not defending his family when he fired the shots. The laws in every state allow for the use of deadly force only if – at the time such force was used – a person reasonably believes it is necessary to avoid death or serious bodily injury to himself or an innocent third party. In this case, the men were running away and thus no longer posed a threat.

With due respect, I will defer to Col Jeff Cooper (US Army, Ret.) Who taught..... "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6)".

So would I, but if a man is running away from me I have no reason to fear him.

If you are willing to face the consequences, go ahead. But when they are running away they are no longer a threat.

I'm more concerned about THEM having to face the consequences for their actions. Our system doesn't punish criminals, so we need to do it ourselves.

If you are willing to face the consequences, go ahead. But when they are running away they are no longer a threat.

I'm more concerned about THEM having to face the consequences for their actions. Our system doesn't punish criminals, so we need to do it ourselves.

Except you are not the justice system nor are you a LEO. You can use deadly force to defend life and property. But you cannot, legally, shoot someone in the back as they are running away. If you do, prepare for the consequences.

l]Why? He is no longer a threat.

The reasoning is simple..... Our system doesn't actually punish criminals. Not even on the rare occasion that we catch, prosecute, and convict them.

On the other hand, a dead criminal doesn't need to be prosecuted and cannot become a repeat offender.

l]Why? He is no longer a threat.

The reasoning is simple..... Our system doesn't actually punish criminals. Not even on the rare occasion that we catch, prosecute, and convict them.

On the other hand, a dead criminal doesn't need to be prosecuted and cannot become a repeat offender.

So you make yourself judge, jury and executioner?

As long as you accept the consequences.

..... If you do, prepare for the consequences.

That would make for an incredibly interesting situation, since I don't believe our Legal System has any legitimacy.

Your lack of belief in the legitimacy of our legal system will not matter one bit.

They will find you, arrest you, try you and sentence you by the laws in place. Your belief is irrelevant.

When the system stops working, the People need to step up.

Again, I don't accept that the US Legal System has any legitimacy, so my trial would be very interesting.

Man arrested after shooting at fiancee's attempted abductor

What the hell has happened to Texas!? 1. You can't be arrested JUST for being attached to a gang! 2. Why the fuck are they whining about a man defending his family and NOT the kidnappers? Jeez.

Once again civilians have no use of force policy and are not trained to fire a deadly weapon responsibly. What if a child/spouse were sitting in their living room reading a book when a errant bullet struck them in the head, killing them instantly, or leaving them brain damaged for life? Would you feel that the shooter acted legally and appropriately?

Yes...they do. It is called the reasonable man standard.....and defending people if there is imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't give control of our self defense to the government.......

When the system stops working, the People need to step up.

Again, I don't accept that the US Legal System has any legitimacy, so my trial would be very interesting.

It will not be interesting. Your claim that the system is not legitimate will have no bearing.

Then if he is in a gang....odds are he can't have that gun legally...so this entire thread is pretty stupid.....he is an illegal gun owner, who shouldn't have had that gun in the first place......right?

Then if he is in a gang....odds are he can't have that gun legally...so this entire thread is pretty stupid.....he is an illegal gun owner, who shouldn't have had that gun in the first place......right?

Exactly.

It will not be interesting. Your claim that the system is not legitimate will have no bearing.

What does the system do with a defendant who refuses to give a statement, to speak to defense counsel or to assist either side of his prosecution or defense in any way?

Forum List

Back