Man Charged With Murder

Dogs are limited to 3 per household to prevent packs that kill humans & any other animal. 5 dogs in a pack can overwhelm any land animal on the planet.

Dogs are limited to three per household...where?

I have five dogs and am perfectly legal. I was just talking to Animal Control about my five dogs and I being attacked by a pit bull.

Okay, to clarify...in my city you can't have more than three dogs (or three cats)...UNLESS you get a special facility license. This involves them coming and inspecting your premises and you paying a fee. I pay $150 every two years which allows me to have up to 20 animals. You can pay $100 every two years and be allowed to have up to 10 animals.

They have the right to do surprise inspections, but I've never had one of those, probably because they don't get any complaints about me and when they do the biennial inspection the place looks so good they don't even walk through the entire house. : ) It's pretty obvious how responsible I am. I have seven cats and there is nary a whiff of cat box odor in this house. : )

I've had five dogs for several years now and have "zero" incidents of my dogs bothering anyone or anything.

So, once again, it's the people, not the dogs.

Different cities have different regulations.

Right, I get that. I'm not the one who made a blanket statement.

After my dog died I just can't imagine having another. But a part of me wants another pack. At one time I owned 6 dogs: 2 huskies, a GSD, an akita, a kishu ken and a Finnish Lapphund. I miss my babies. But they take a piece of you with them and I don't think I could go through that again. I'll still have dreams where they are with me and I wake up and for a split second I think they are there but then I remember that they are gone.

Nothing beats a pack. To go running with 6 dogs, it's like I can hear the call of the wild.

Last edited:
After my dog died I just can't imagine having another. But a part of me wants another pack. At one time I owned 6 dogs: 2 huskies, a GSD, an akita, a kishu ken and a Finnish Lapphund. I miss my babies. But they take a piece of you with them and I don't think I could go through that again. I'll still have dreams where they are with me and I wake up and for a split second I think they are there but then I remember that they are gone.

Nothing beats a pack. To go running with 6 dogs, it's like I can hear the call of the wild.

Oh, I know! I have the five dogs and one of them in particular is my heart and soul. She and I have a special bond, I don't know what I'll do without her. At the same time, I want to outlive her so I can make sure she's always taken care of and loved. I love all my dogs, but she is very special. I always say I think we were very close in past lives...and will know each other again in future lives.

Sometimes I look her in the eyes and ask, "Who ARE you?" She just gazes back intently, almost as if she's trying to tell me, but can't.

And like you, I can't imagine when they are all gone...and I will be getting up in years...it seems pretty bleak to think about.

The man didn't murder anyone. Charge him with not keeping his dogs locked up, or something.

Because his negligence led to this woman's death. He knew the dogs were vicious and had attacked other people. Dog owners need to be responsible for their pets' behavior. I agree, however, with another poster. Murder charges will probably not stick. It should be negligent homicide. It's like dangerous driving that results in a death.

If the dogs had attacked other people, why wasn't he charged and ordered to surrender the animals? Why was he allowed to keep animals that had already proven to be dangerous?

Seems to me that this is a problem with appropriate charges not being laid from the start - that could have prevented this.

He has a responsibility to keep those dogs under his control. If he didn't, it is most certainly his fault they are out and left unattended. He knew they were dangerous.

He has a responsibility to keep those dogs under his control. If he didn't, it is most certainly his fault they are out and left unattended. He knew they were dangerous.

But it's not murder. This is a typical example of a prosecutor trumping the most serious charge in order to gain a plea deal. It's disgusting and these bastards within the "justice" system need to be brought under control

I did my work experience at a boarding kennel many years ago. One of my tasks was to let out the dogs into the back garden while I cleaned out their cages. The big dogs were fine - big teddy bears. The little dogs, one in particular, a nasty little chihuahua, would snarl and snap every time I tried to pull open the gate. I couldn't get within three feet of the cage without it snapping and trying to bite me through the wire of the cage.
That dog stayed in its cage. The cage wasn't cleaned at all, because I didn't trust that little dog not to bite me.
I spoke to the staff about it, they'd had problems with it as well.

My aunt had a Chihuahua. She called her "Cricket". Everyone else called her "Jaws". Little fucker's favorite game was to hide under the couch and then dart out and attack people's ankles when they walked by, and believe me, she was NOT biting for play. She did that to me once, and I reflexively kicked her across the room. My mom housesat for my aunt once, and made the mistake of rolling over in her sleep. "Jaws" had jumped up on the bed and laid down behind her, and took a chunk out of her back.

Hey now, that last one was self defense...lolol...

Any other domestic pet would just move.

My aunt had a Chihuahua. She called her "Cricket". Everyone else called her "Jaws". Little fucker's favorite game was to hide under the couch and then dart out and attack people's ankles when they walked by, and believe me, she was NOT biting for play. She did that to me once, and I reflexively kicked her across the room. My mom housesat for my aunt once, and made the mistake of rolling over in her sleep. "Jaws" had jumped up on the bed and laid down behind her, and took a chunk out of her back.

I think it's because they're such little dogs. My minpin is the same way and bit my husband when my husband threw his arm over him while they were both asleep. It's a survival reflex, I think. They're so little, someone could squash them to death quite easily.

Doesn't make it any more pleasant though. I'll never have another small dog. Not necessarily because he's bitten both my husband and I, but because him and my other small dog have never been completely housebroken and they pee and poop in the house. Not every day, but a few times a week. I'm sick of it. At least I've gotten it so they'll go on puppy pads...well, some of the time, anyway. : ( Another favorite spot is the nice oriental rug under my dining room table. : (

Last edited:

I think it's because they're such little dogs. My minpin is the same way and bit my husband when my husband threw his arm over him while they were both asleep. It's a survival reflex, I think. They're so little, someone could squash them to death quite easily.

Doesn't make it any more pleasant though. I'll never have another small dog. Not necessarily because he's bitten both my husband and I, but because him and my other small dog have never been completely housebroken and they pee and poop in the house. Not every day, but a few times a week. I'm sick of it. At least I've gotten it so they'll go on puppy pads...well, some of the time, anyway. : ( Another favorite spot is the nice oriental rug under my dining room table. : (

Have you tried kenneling them?

When I first adopted the female minpin mix, she was kennel trained and I continued to keep her in a kennel when I wasn't home. She still peed and pooped in the house when she wasn't in the kennel. I tried to work with her on it, but she'd sneak off and do it, which made things difficult. I couldn't anticipate her. So after several months I just let her stay out of the kennel. The situation with the peeing and pooping was no better or worse once I started leaving her free during the day when I wasn't home. She just CANNOT seem to get the concept of letting me know she needs to go out.

Of course, she was already an adult once I adopted her. So who knows what she'd been through. Perhaps idiots who punished her severely for going potty in the house, but not teaching her WHY she was being punished. I don't know. I'm done with rescue. Any dogs I get from now on will be a very young puppy of the breed I choose.

I don't like kenneling dogs, my Dobermans are NEVER kenneled except for when they were younger than six months I kept them confined or kenneled for their own safety when I wasn't home.

The little male minpin, Fritz, has never been kenneled. When I first rescued him (off the streets) he was almost starved to death and crawling with fleas. He needed a lot of love, not being stuck in a kennel. And I won't do it now, he needs to be close to my Doberman, Hannah...he loves her. : ) Also, he does try to let me know when he needs to go out. I think most of what he does is that macho business of lifting the leg and peeing ON things when he doesn't even really need to go, he just wants to mark something. : (

Last edited:

When I first adopted the female minpin mix, she was kennel trained and I continued to keep her in a kennel when I wasn't home. She still peed and pooped in the house when she wasn't in the kennel. I tried to work with her on it, but she'd sneak off and do it, which made things difficult. I couldn't anticipate her. So after several months I just let her stay out of the kennel. The situation with the peeing and pooping was no better or worse once I started leaving her free during the day when I wasn't home. She just CANNOT seem to get the concept of letting me know she needs to go out.

Of course, she was already an adult once I adopted her. So who knows what she'd been through. Perhaps idiots who punished her severely for going potty in the house, but not teaching her WHY she was being punished. I don't know. I'm done with rescue. Any dogs I get from now on will be a very young puppy of the breed I choose.

I don't like kenneling dogs, my Dobermans are NEVER kenneled except for when they were younger than six months I kept them confined or kenneled for their own safety when I wasn't home.

The little male minpin, Fritz, has never been kenneled. When I first rescued him (off the streets) he was almost starved to death and crawling with fleas. He needed a lot of love, not being stuck in a kennel. And I won't do it now, he needs to be close to my Doberman, Hannah...he loves her. : ) Also, he does try to let me know when he needs to go out. I think most of what he does is that macho business of lifting the leg and peeing ON things when he doesn't even really need to go, he just wants to mark something. : (

When I got Rembrandt, he was three years old, and had been abandoned and neglected in the back yard since he was a puppy. I doubt he had ever even been inside the house before, since when we tried to walk him through the lobby of the Humane Society, he completely freaked out at the waxed tile floors.

Since he had obviously never been trained to potty anyplace in particular, I got him an appropriately-sized kennel - one big enough for him to stand up in comfortably - and placed it next to my desk, where he could see me easily. I stayed home with him for a week, always where he could see me, and talked to him constantly so he wouldn't feel alone. I took him outside once an hour, and if he happened to do his business while there, he got a treat and lavish praise. I also took him out for walks and for obedience training.

By the end of the week, he was clearly making the association between the outdoors and pottying, and only needed to be kenneled when no one was handy to watch him (which is very rarely). By the end of the second week, he had it firmly fixed in his head, and now his kennel is just a safe place for him to go lie down if he wants to. He also would probably explode before he'd poop in the house.

Forum List

Back