Man picks up BB gun off shelf in walmart - Cops shoot him dead.

Googling MK-177 BB I'd have shot him too. Those don't look like toys so much as assault rifles.

MK-177 BB - Google Search
Are the Open Carry freaks outraged?

How about the Libertarians?

The NRA?

The toy gun lobby?

Ohio's open carry isn't it so they must be freaked out, but wait, was he Black? If so it was obviously self defense. Fucking hypocrites

homedepot-e1401468798260.jpg

Statistically speaking, a black dude with a gun is a LOT more likely to shoot a stranger than a white dude with a gun.

Just sayin.

Witnesses said he was leaning on the toy gun like a cane & talking on a cell phone when the officers approached him from behind. They shouted out a warning apparently but before he had a chance to respond one or both of the officers had fired and he was on the floor dying. The reason I call open carry advocates "hypocrites" in this situation is because I absolutely believe they would be "up in arms" shouting about the 2nd amendment if the guy had been white. It says something terrible about a society when skin color determines what rights a person can expect to be granted, whether it's a right to sit at the front of a bus, to walk down the street and not be confronted for no reason, or carry a weapon. This guy didn't deserve to die because of a statistical "fact" out of his control.

Every time. Every single time an opportunity to take the right side of an issue presents itself, certain USMB nutters will opt not to do so.

There is video evidence of this unnecessary shooting. The least that you fucking idiots can do is say that it was unnecessary. Try it. It won't hurt.

That "toy" gun looks like an assault rifle. This idiot took it out of the package, and was walking around like he was on patrol of WalMart.

Cops told him to drop the gun (which looks like an AK47), and HE REFUSED.

If you are carrying a gun, or a BB gun that LOOKS LIKE A GUN, and cops come and tell you to put it down..........Jesus Christ, have people really become THIS DUMB?

I just saw the surveillance clip. He was pointing that gun as if it was real. People were scattering in other aisles. If he was trying to scare people he did.

That "toy" gun looks like an assault rifle. This idiot took it out of the package, and was walking around like he was on patrol of WalMart.

Cops told him to drop the gun (which looks like an AK47), and HE REFUSED.

If you are carrying a gun, or a BB gun that LOOKS LIKE A GUN, and cops come and tell you to put it down..........Jesus Christ, have people really become THIS DUMB?

I just saw the surveillance clip. He was pointing that gun as if it was real. People were scattering in other aisles. If he was trying to scare people he did.

Nope. He was talking on the phone and minding his own business.

Ran around our neighborhood with realistic toy M-16s, no one ever bothered calling cops.....people are afraid of everything nowdays.
Ever point them at cops who dont know they are toys? As a 22 yr old?

Not saying he shouldn't have put it down. But that is not the point. I would never mistake that for a real gun. How is it that trained professionals couldn't? Oh and it looks nothing like an AK. It is a loose copy of an ACR. If you're going to argue a point at least get the facts straight.
Look fuck-witt! The 'Tree Dweller' went into the toy department and took a 'toy' BB gun out of it's package and then proceeded to walk around the store.
Someone obviously not as versed as you in the appearance of real AK's called the cops. "There's a black dude walking around Walmart with a gun. HOW THE FUCK DO I KNOW IF IT"S A REAL FUCKING GUN ASSHOLE!"
The cops show up and the 'Tree Dweller' refuses to obey their commands.
End of fucking story pal.
Well racist knuckle dragger. I clearly said he should have put it down didn't I? And I never said anything about a civilian telling the difference did I? The average person can barely comprehend written word as you just showed. The cops should be able to tell. Now go take your meds.

Nope. He was talking on the phone and minding his own business.

Just saw the video. He wasn't. He was waving the gun around.
Do not defend assholes unless you are one yourself.

Bullshit. He wasn't waving it. He was mindlessly playing with it while talking on the phone. He should not be dead.

Personally, I think it was the phone that got him killed. Had his attention not been on the conversation he was having, he may have responded in a more police friendly manner.

But as I understand what happened, he was talking, was distracted and must have heard the cops yelling, turned around to say "it's only a toy" and got shot and killed.

Phones fault. Well, that and some badly scared cops.

But Ohio is an open carry state. Where are the NRA types defending this guys open carry rights?

Exactly!
Open carry doesn't mean asking like a fucking idiot.
Anyone I know who owns guns and uses them for hunting etc. is hyper aware that even handling a gun in a careless manner like moving the muzzle so that even for an instant may be pointed at someone or even momentarily touching the trigger is going to get his ass kicked severely.
Not to mention they can forget ever being part of any hunting group I'm with.
The 'Tree Dweller' was crazy. His parents later said so.

Open carry-er points or brandishes his gun = shot too.

Does that idea apply to private citizens? Can I shoot an open carry advocate who happens to turn the wrong way or gives the wrong impression while carrying his gun? And get away with shooting the guy like the police will?

Just curious cause those open carry fans make me kinda nervous. Like a cop gets nervous.

Exactly!
Open carry doesn't mean asking like a fucking idiot.
Anyone I know who owns guns and uses them for hunting etc. is hyper aware that even handling a gun in a careless manner like moving the muzzle so that even for an instant may be pointed at someone or even momentarily touching the trigger is going to get his ass kicked severely.
Not to mention they can forget ever being part of any hunting group I'm with.
The 'Tree Dweller' was crazy. His parents later said so.

Asking for what? And his parents called their son a "Tree Dweller" and said he was crazy? Are you sure? What the fuck is a Tree Dweller? I think the guy (Crawford) lived in Cincinnati.

I call any 'young Black man' who behaves like an ape a 'Tree Dweller'.
Ape-like behaviour is taking things that do not belong to them. Killing your own neighbor for a fucking pair of running shoes. Looting and burning innocent people's business. Bullying and intimidating innocent people like 'Big Mike' was famous for. Sucker punching then attempting to murder someone by slamming their head against the sidewalk. Gang raping women. Playing the 'knock-out game' on innocent people. Fucking as many thirteen year old 'baby-mammas' as possible and never giving a shit for the resulting offspring. Wearing their pants like a three year old who has just shit himself.
I hope this helps you understand the term 'Tree Dweller'.

Googling MK-177 BB I'd have shot him too. Those don't look like toys so much as assault rifles.

The NRA?

The toy gun lobby?

Ohio's open carry isn't it so they must be freaked out, but wait, was he Black? If so it was obviously self defense. Fucking hypocrites

Statistically speaking, a black dude with a gun is a LOT more likely to shoot a stranger than a white dude with a gun.

Just sayin.

Witnesses said he was leaning on the toy gun like a cane & talking on a cell phone when the officers approached him from behind. They shouted out a warning apparently but before he had a chance to respond one or both of the officers had fired and he was on the floor dying. The reason I call open carry advocates "hypocrites" in this situation is because I absolutely believe they would be "up in arms" shouting about the 2nd amendment if the guy had been white. It says something terrible about a society when skin color determines what rights a person can expect to be granted, whether it's a right to sit at the front of a bus, to walk down the street and not be confronted for no reason, or carry a weapon. This guy didn't deserve to die because of a statistical "fact" out of his control.

I'm white, I'm ex-republican, I'm a gun owner, I'm an open carry advocate, I'm currently libertarian, and I'm outraged at this incident, but I'm also outraged at assholes like you that think all white people are racists. I want to see that cop that killed the bb gun toting young man put in jail.

Last edited:
Open carry-er points or brandishes his gun = shot too.

Does that idea apply to private citizens? Can I shoot an open carry advocate who happens to turn the wrong way or gives the wrong impression while carrying his gun? And get away with shooting the guy like the police will?

Just curious cause those open carry fans make me kinda nervous. Like a cop gets nervous.

In my State if you feel in threat of death or serious bodily injury...... sure.

The NRA?

The toy gun lobby?

Just sayin.

I'm white, I'm ex-republican, I'm a gun owner, I'm an open carry advocate, I'm currently libertarian, and I'm outraged at this incident, but I'm also outraged at assholes like you that think all white people are racists. I want to see that cop that killed the bb gun toting young man put in jail.

Did someone say that all white people are racists?

The NRA?

The toy gun lobby?

Just sayin.

Did someone say that all white people are racists?

Constantly.

The NRA?

The toy gun lobby?

Just sayin.

Don't know where you got the idea that I think "all white people are racists". I think the % of white people who could be called racist would be about the same as Chinese people or Japanese or Indian or whatever. If you've got a specific statement of mine that led you to believe I think "all white people are racists" please point it out and I'll see if and how I mis-worded whatever thought I was trying to get across.

Forum List

Back