Manafort Trial Is About Fashion, Nothing to Do With Russia

If you want to prove tax evasion you need to demonstrate wealth above what is being claimed in taxes
Dufus thinks you pay taxes on your clothes in your closet.

Fascists want to convict people for having something they don’t have.
No you pay taxes on your income. If you are shown to spend millions of dollars and your tax returns claim you earned clearly less then that. Questions will be asked. Trying to paint it as somehow irrelevant is intellectually dishonest or plain old dumb. For the record I don't think you're dumb.
Taxable income, shitforbrains. And you prove it using paperwork, not spending.

As I posted in another thread, I just bought a 5,800 sq ft home with acerage on a lake.

And I will be in a low income tax bracket those year.
Sure and you could probably give a reasoning within the tax code that allowed you to be in that tax bracket. Since the government makes it a point to highlight his spending habits, it's safe to assume that those expenses fall out of the capability of his declared income, taxable or otherwise. Or are you saying that you don't have to say what your income is on a tax return? Not for nothing, showing a disparity between what you earned and what you declared is how they got Capone. I saw the movie.
BS. A person having a yacht only makes them a criminal in Banana Republics.

Ask the judge, he told the prosecutor to fuck off with his bullshit.
No a person owning a yacht that costs more money then you claimed you earned on your tax returns makes you a criminal anywhere. It means that you were lying about your income. Affluence isn't a problem. Unexplained or undeclared money is. Oh and the judge just put a stop on the amount of times and the way the prosecuting pushed that point home he didn't take a position on the validity of the argument, that's the jury's job.

You build a case...
You or I may have a $500 suit. If he has a closet full of custom tailored Italian suits at $10,000 each it shows a certain amount of wealth
Said like a 60's commie....well done.....

Dufus thinks you pay taxes on your clothes in your closet.

Fascists want to convict people for having something they don’t have.
No you pay taxes on your income. If you are shown to spend millions of dollars and your tax returns claim you earned clearly less then that. Questions will be asked. Trying to paint it as somehow irrelevant is intellectually dishonest or plain old dumb. For the record I don't think you're dumb.
Taxable income, shitforbrains. And you prove it using paperwork, not spending.

As I posted in another thread, I just bought a 5,800 sq ft home with acerage on a lake.

And I will be in a low income tax bracket those year.
Sure and you could probably give a reasoning within the tax code that allowed you to be in that tax bracket. Since the government makes it a point to highlight his spending habits, it's safe to assume that those expenses fall out of the capability of his declared income, taxable or otherwise. Or are you saying that you don't have to say what your income is on a tax return? Not for nothing, showing a disparity between what you earned and what you declared is how they got Capone. I saw the movie.
BS. A person having a yacht only makes them a criminal in Banana Republics.

Ask the judge, he told the prosecutor to fuck off with his bullshit.
No a person owning a yacht that costs more money then you claimed you earned on your tax returns makes you a criminal anywhere. It means that you were lying about your income. Affluence isn't a problem. Unexplained or undeclared money is. Oh and the judge just put a stop on the amount of times and the way the prosecuting pushed that point home he didn't take a position on the validity of the argument, that's the jury's job.
You have no clue to what taxable income means, do you.

Go ask your mommy, I’ll wait.

You build a case...
You or I may have a $500 suit. If he has a closet full of custom tailored Italian suits at $10,000 each it shows a certain amount of wealth
Unless it’s someone like Bernie with 3 homes from a lifetime of only working for the government.
You have no clue on the irrelevance of income being taxable or not do you? You still have to declare that income. You can not simply decide that an income is not taxable and therefor not needed to be declared.

You have no clue on the irrelevance of income being taxable or not do you? You still have to declare that income. You can not simply decide that an income is not taxable and therefor not needed to be declared.
Have you seen the size and complexity of the tax code....?

You build a case...
Unless it’s someone like Bernie with 3 homes from a lifetime of only working for the government.
I can have a 6 figure income and legally not owe a penny to the government.

I’ll wait here while you melt down.

You build a case...

Sure, and then after you don't owe a penny and you spend 8 figures, the government will come knocking and ask you how you got a hold of 8 figures when you only declared 6.

Have you seen the size and complexity of the tax code....?
Irrelevant . The complexity of the tax code doesn't free you from the responsibility to declare all your income.

The wardrobe is being used because purchases of the expensive items have been traced directly from funds given to Manafort from Ukraine and transferred to an offshore bank and used to pay for the expensive clothing as well as millions used for construction projects his in homes. Tracking and photo evidence shows and proves a money laundering scheme and the crimes for which he is being charged. Funds were used from foreign sources and not reported.

Money laundering.

Crimes.

Unreported funds "from foreign services", weatherman2020.

Quit being pathetic.

Sharpton is only a very poor deflection.
Lessons From Rev. Al Sharpton's $4.5 Million Tax Bill

Civil rights leader Reverend Al Sharpton is in the headlines again, but not for Ferguson or civil rights issues this time. A New York Times report says that the now svelte Reverend and his for-profit businesses owe a chubby $4.5 million in state and federal taxes. It isn’t only the taxman that is not being paid, according to reports. Even worthy causes like hotels, landlords, and travel agencies are getting the cold shoulder from Mr. Sharpton or from his advocacy organization, the National Action Network.

Sharpton is only a very poor deflection.

Civil rights leader Reverend Al Sharpton is in the headlines again, but not for Ferguson or civil rights issues this time. A New York Times report says that the now svelte Reverend and his for-profit businesses owe a chubby $4.5 million in state and federal taxes. It isn’t only the taxman that is not being paid, according to reports. Even worthy causes like hotels, landlords, and travel agencies are getting the cold shoulder from Mr. Sharpton or from his advocacy organization, the National Action Network.

Al Sharpton could buy lots of boo berry pie with $4.5 million dollars.

Manafort's income supports his lavish lifestyle which is why the judge stopped that line of questioning and told the jury that it was no crime to be rich.

What's puzzling is Manafort's unwillingness to call Gates. The conspiracy charge is going right out the door without at least two conspirators.

Such a strange OP argument.

The trial is about tax evasion etc.

If you want to prove tax evasion you need to demonstrate wealth above what is being claimed in taxes
GE paid $0 in taxes.

So why isn’t the CEO in prison?

Oh ya, they legally owe $0.
And GE had to claim all their income and liabilities

If it is found that Manafort didn’t, he is going to jail

Just like Al Capone
GE has several BILLION in assets.

Obviously they owe taxes in Leftard logic.
They can account for their tax return

Manafort cannot

You build a case...

Sure, and then after you don't owe a penny and you spend 8 figures, the government will come knocking and ask you how you got a hold of 8 figures when you only declared 6.
Oh really!

How does the government know I bought $500,000 worth of shoes?

Keep going, this is good.

The wardrobe is being used because purchases of the expensive items have been traced directly from funds given to Manafort from Ukraine and transferred to an offshore bank and used to pay for the expensive clothing as well as millions used for construction projects his in homes. Tracking and photo evidence shows and proves a money laundering scheme and the crimes for which he is being charged. Funds were used from foreign sources and not reported.
Follow the money

Let Manafort explain his purchases and where the money came from

Such a strange OP argument.

The trial is about tax evasion etc.

GE paid $0 in taxes.

So why isn’t the CEO in prison?

Oh ya, they legally owe $0.
And GE had to claim all their income and liabilities

If it is found that Manafort didn’t, he is going to jail

Just like Al Capone
GE has several BILLION in assets.

Obviously they owe taxes in Leftard logic.
They can account for their tax return

Manafort cannot
Turbo Tax error.

Forum List

Back