Manchin upends paid leave, a benefit ‘personal to President Biden’

dang doesn’t seem like xiden, chuck and nancy have any control over their party…total lack of leadership really
I see - So you would define "leadership" as Mitch McConnell who controls his caucus with an iron fist and punishes those who entertain anything other than NO on anything Biden proposes.

Guess we all define "leadership" differently.

I see - So you would define "leadership" as Mitch McConnell who controls his caucus with an iron fist and punishes those who entertain anything other than NO on anything Biden proposes.

Guess we all define "leadership" differently.
what has xiden produced worthy of their vote?

How is it taxpayers responsibility to support her? Shouldn't her husband and family be the ones supporting her as she just added a new member to their family? Not mine?

Libs want to pay people not to work which bankrupts the government, leads to inflation with all this free money just being handed out like candy, and leads to supply shortages as people chose not to work when they get the government to give them free money for not working. Very pathetic that with all the free money leading to these problems becoming very apparent with our supply shortages, inflation, and runaway debt NOW that the damn ignorant libs still haven't figured out this out.

You and Joe Manchin make me sad. :(

3934549.jpg

Now you can't expect much out of politician's but this is easy. If there is strong bipartisan support like the article states, pass it as a stand alone bill.

Problem solved.

Paid Family Leave enjoys 82% approval of US voters. We are SOOO f'n far behind the rest of the developed nations of the world that it's sad Mr Manchin doesn't see the light.

Currently, only SIX countries are as stingy as the US about Paid Family Leave:

Marshall Islands
Federated States of Micronesia
Nauru
Palau
Papua New Guinea
Tonga

Social spending as a share of GDP you ask?

France - 31%
Finland - 29.1%
Belgium - 28.9%
Italy - 28.2%
US - 18.7%

Source ^ World Economic Forum/ OECD

WE'RE NUMBER ONE - - - USA USA!! (not)

People are always in support of free money.

Rape & incest? Sure bro, she was askin for it no doubt :rolleyes:

Wait ... I seem to remember someone passing a law that said women could terminate their unwanted pregnancies. Is that still a thing?

And ... maybe not in your case ... but incest is consensual. If it isn't, it's just rape.

People are always in support of free money.
What if I decide to get a boat instead of having a child, paid new boat leave so I can take a couple months cruising the waterways? If someone else wants to spend their leave on having kids that's their decision. I'm spending my paid leave on boating. So just give everyone paid leave every year to spend as they wish. Awesome!

Forum List

Back