🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mandatory vaccines for kids in California: no personal or religious exemptions

California Legislature passes mandatory vaccination bill - LA Times

About time. Your child has no constitutional right to threaten mine at school because you are to lazy or too uninformed to know the truth. Keep them home, home school them, or get them vaccinated.

End of story.

You might wanna break down and do some balanced research on vaccines. Many very intelligent, well-read people dispute the value of many vaccines and point to research regarding harmful side effects, contamination, and other concerns.

Your child has a 5 in 100 chance of even catching the flu--without a flu shot. IOW, your child has a 95% chance of not getting the flu if they get no flu shot. If your child catches the flu, they have about a 1 in 300 chance of dying from the flu.

Canadian research suggests that highly concentrated shots of Vitamin D provide more protection than flu shots.

Furthermore, as even the CDC has repeatedly admitted, the flu vaccine is only correctly matched against that year's flu strands about half the time. So that means that about 50% of the time the flu vaccine is useless from the outset because the CDC failed to guess the strands that would be circulating that year.

And, finally, here again we see liberalism denying people choices because they, the liberals, know what's best for everybody else, and by golly they'd better accept the government's gracious care or face fines or jail.

No one anywhere is requiring people to get flu shots as far as I'm aware. The California bill is for things like Measles and Whooping Cough.

You see...there's this thing called herd immunity

I believe "mentality" is the word you were looking for.

it's kinda how the USA has gotten rid of Polio and how the world got rid of Small Pox.

Well, seeing as we've gotten rid of them, no need for anymore vaccinations, right?

I know this will go over your head, but the basis of the idea is the more people are immune from the disease, the harder it is for the disease to spread.

Oh gee, no shit! You know, maybe we should try to implement something like this for STDs. How about the government legislatively mandate the use of condoms? Let's go one step further, and require the surgical attachment of condoms to all males. Yay! No more AIDS!

Now, if you think that would be an absurd program and a gross abuse of government power, you'd be right. But you have to be willing to make the same judgement against legislatively mandated vaccines.

The last thing that's needed is idiots (some liberal-minded people included sadly) not getting vaccinations due to something they read on a forum instead of listening to a medical professional.

No, the last thing we need is the government to legislatively insert itself into parental decisions about medical treatments.

California Legislature passes mandatory vaccination bill - LA Times

About time. Your child has no constitutional right to threaten mine at school because you are to lazy or too uninformed to know the truth. Keep them home, home school them, or get them vaccinated.

End of story.

How would your kid be threatened if they are immunized?
Not all kids can be vaccinated due to medical conditions, and also not all vaccinations result in immunity and it's damn near impossible to tell which ones did and didn't.

MikeT, do you have any idea what we are talking about?

This is not about the flu.

And explain herd immunity to swimfrog.

This is common sense, now we need to deal with parents who won't let their kids have blood transfusions.
Then we can go after the monsters that won't let their children eat catfish.

So much for that whole "NO LAW......or the free exercise thereof" bullshit

This is common sense, now we need to deal with parents who won't let their kids have blood transfusions.
Then we can go after the monsters that won't let their children eat catfish.

So much for that whole "NO LAW......or the free exercise thereof" bullshit
Are you fucking kidding me? Letting children die because of your delusional beliefs is no fucking excuse.

You see...there's this thing called herd immunity

I believe "mentality" is the word you were looking for.

it's kinda how the USA has gotten rid of Polio and how the world got rid of Small Pox.

Well, seeing as we've gotten rid of them, no need for anymore vaccinations, right?

Yep! No more small pox vaccines are given out unless you join the military. Now let's move on to getting rid of Measles and Whooping Cough using the same SUCCESSFUL strategy.

I know this will go over your head, but the basis of the idea is the more people are immune from the disease, the harder it is for the disease to spread.

Oh gee, no shit! You know, maybe we should try to implement something like this for STDs. How about the government legislatively mandate the use of condoms? Let's go one step further, and require the surgical attachment of condoms to all males. Yay! No more AIDS!

Now, if you think that would be an absurd program and a gross abuse of government power, you'd be right. But you have to be willing to make the same judgement against legislatively mandated vaccines.

The last thing that's needed is idiots (some liberal-minded people included sadly) not getting vaccinations due to something they read on a forum instead of listening to a medical professional.

Oh gee...you have to resort to some hyped up spin on STD's and Condoms and other unrelated things. Is this you giving up?

No, the last thing we need is the government to legislatively insert itself into parental decisions about medical treatments.

Actually that's exactly what we need. Do you know the reason you and your relatives don't have Small Pox? Government Legislatively inserting itself about medical treatments. That's why.

Do you know the main reason they're very close this year to wiping out Polio in Africa? The national governments there finally started working with the aid workers to distribute vaccines...no more paralyzed children! Yay!

td, swimfrog just gave a mangled reason why not to vaccinate. He does not understand the science behind it. I am sure you do. The overwhelming majority of professionals and physicians say do it. That means far more than Jenny M running her mouth.

Oh gee, swimfrog. How clever.

I understand the science perfectly. People who don't want to get their kids vaccinated are ignorant fools and/or fucking idiots who can't rub their two brain cells together. With the exception of flu shots and the chickenpox vaccine, not getting your kids their basic vaccines is just about the dumbest parenting move possible, short of being pregnant and using drugs (the first two vaccines are not really very good probably have far more risk than reward, short of a select population of high risk instances).

My objections to mandatory vaccines have nothing to do with a lack of knowledge. To the contrary, I probably understand it better than you. My reasons are because I value individual freedom of choice. If you vaccinate your kids, they're safe and it no longer matters whether the neighbors vaccinated their kids or not. Anyone who truly understands the facts and also values individual liberty will understand that mandatory vaccines don't accomplish anything, and thus they are a very poor use of government power.

MikeT, do you have any idea what we are talking about?

This is not about the flu.

The flu vaccine is a good example of the whole mandatory vaccination camp's conduct and arguments. And it's only a matter of time before liberals start pushing for mandatory flu shots as well, and you know it. Some liberals have already been pushing for mandatory flu shots and HPV shots.

The point is that if the government arguments for the flu vaccine are so deeply flawed, we should be very skeptical about government claims regarding other vaccines.

And, by the way, how did diseases like the measles and whooping cough reemerge in California and in other spots in the country? Two words: illegal immigrants.

sure my kids are being endangered. Pos like you, who won't even vaccinate your kids, have all sort of OTHER nasty crap going on with your kids.

Now to think up a new vaccine to become rich on.......

I got a great scheme for you.....how about a vaccine that only works for a year for a common ailment that is only deadly in extreme cases and special circumstances? But since it's the kind of thing that the body would normally fight off on its own, once they take the vaccine their bodies will become more susceptible to getting sick when the vaccine wears off. It'll be great, it'll be like an addiction!

That is the answer. A few people can't endanger everyone else because of their religious beliefs. Keep your kids home and home school them.

WTF when did this even become a thing. This is what you get from the right-wing 'science is against us' mentality.

If science is against you then stop using doctors when you are ill. They use a mountain of science to save you.

This is what you get from the right-wing 'science is against us' mentality.

Damn that right-winger, Jenny McCarthy!

MikeT wants to run with the flu when we are discussing something else.

Swimfrog does not want to acknowledge herd immunity.

Right wing Mississippi is right there with California on this issue.

Not all kids can be vaccinated due to medical conditions

So sad. Take care of your own kid. If your kid can't be vaccinated, you home school your kid.

and also not all vaccinations result in immunity

So, if your kids' vaccination doesn't result in immunity, then they're already in danger, regardless.

Requiring me to vaccinate my kids for the sake of your kids is no better than requiring sticking a probe in a woman's vagina for the sake of someone else's religious beliefs.

So, if your kids' vaccination doesn't result in immunity, then they're already in danger, regardless.

And the fewer unvaccinated people around, the safer they'll be.

Forum List

Back