🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Manslayer (Bible): Evolution

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
The modern world is gauged by sophisticated networking (e.g., eTrade, Facebook, European Union, NATO, etc.).

Networking requires adaptability, flexibility, and creativity.

Brain has replaced muscle.

Some even say that virtual-highway ghouls are the new bullies (i.e., Internet hackers).

So if brain has replaced muscle, and intellectual property, information, data, and communication are the hallmarks of civilization infrastructure and globalization 'stability,' then where does the 'strong man' still find a place?

The Bible suggests that at the End of Days, the dreaded manslayer will rise to ominous prominence and augment the subversive authority of the AntiChrist, the Devil, and the mysterious harlot of Babylon.

Could this hypothetical 'manslayer' be an Internet-hacker, a computer-virus engineer, and/or a information-superhighway 'propaganda artist'?

This would certainly explain the appeal of relevant modern Hollywood (USA) films such as "WarGames" [1983] and "Ghost in the Machine" [1993].

Vigilantism-daydream comic book characters and adapted films are all the rage recently (perhaps because they speak to pedestrianism anxieties regarding civics and urban stableness). Comic book super-villains such as Brainiac (DC Comics) and Video-Man (Marvel Comics) signify a new kind of brains-over-muscles 'evil.'

So where do the 'traditional brute' comic book super-villains such as Juggernaut (Marvel Comics), Bane (DC Comics), and Rhino (Marvel Comics) fit in?

Maybe they symbolize our continuing appreciation of the human yearning for complete fitness.

"And they shall be unto you cities for refuge from the avenger; that the manslayer die not, until he stand before the congregation in judgment" (Numbers 35:12, KJV).

====

RHINO: I will crush you!
SPIDER-MAN: You're a dumb brute.
RHINO: I know how to beat you down!
SPIDER-MAN: Even a gorilla could boast that.
RHINO: You will submit to my strength!
SPIDER-MAN: Intelligence is more important than size.
RHINO: You will cower in fear!
SPIDER-MAN: Are you fast enough to think?

====

Rhino (Marvel.com)

Rhino[1].jpg

Forum List

Back