Manufacturing Contracts for the Month of August

China! China! China!
AUUUUGH!!!! - what do we do???!!!
It's so scaaarrry!!!!!!!!!!!

Good lord.
The talking head pretend economic experts in the media, who are really just investors who over the past 20 years have made a great deal of their money from cheap Chinese labor and very much want to keep it that way - have managed to get Democrats to be on their side.
Indeed Orange man bad supersedes everything in their minds.

The bond market is generally more trustworthy than the stock market, and they've seen a slowdown coming for the last nine months. In that time, the yield on a 10-year treasury has dropped an amazing 55%. Unless things change fairly quickly, anything less than a 50bps rate drop by the Fed after their next meeting won't be welcome news in markets.

Nothing is inevitable, though. We still could see some upside surprises, and maybe we'll improve from the current mediocre 2.0% GDP. The trade war threw a monkey wrench into things, and China might well be waiting until after the 2020 to make any solid trade commitments, but you never know. We do need a spark fairly soon, and it could easily be that China is hiding how bad the trade war is hurting them too.

Historically there has been a 12 month to 18 month lag time between the first moment the yield curve inverts to an actual recession, so there's still time to see things improve.

Never fails, the Democratic Potus always saves the economy, Republicans destroy it. The tax cut and trade war with China caused it.

Never fails, the Democratic Potus always saves the economy, Republicans destroy it. The tax cut and trade war with China caused it.

Learn about how economies work before you spew out garbage.

I did have to learn economics for my degree in accounting/finance. I had to take economics every year.

Penelope is partially right. it wasn't just the tax cuts and trade war but they are included in the reasons for this slowdown.

Hopefully that's all it will be. A slowdown.

One of the classes I took was the economic history of our nation. The pattern is long and very real.

Conservative economics causes economic problems. Republicans mess up the economy, we elect a democratic president who cleans the mess up. Then we go through the same cycle over and over again.

I just would like to know when people are going to wake up and realize we don't have to put ourselves through this.

I did have to learn economics for my degree in accounting/finance. I had to take economics every year.

Penelope is partially right. it wasn't just the tax cuts and trade war but they are included in the reasons for this slowdown.

One of the classes I took was the economic history of our nation. The pattern is long and very real.

Conservative economics causes economic problems. Republicans mess up the economy, we elect a democratic president who cleans the mess up. Then we go through the same cycle over and over again.

I just would like to know when people are going to wake up and realize we don't have to put ourselves through this.

So how did the magic Negro do it?

download (6).jpeg

There is nothing in your post that indicates any understanding of economics. Making claims of expertise that cannot be verified does not add to your credibility.

I do, there are highs and lows, but the lows it seems have been really low, the great recession, and what Reagan did it the economy is why Bush Sr was a one term president.

Good God, are people really walking around this clueless??
Let me hear your thoughts and opinions on...
Larry Summers
Robert Rubin
Alan Greenspan.
My intuition tells me you know next to nothing about any of them, especially the top two. Because, well they worked for Democrats and your professors won't touch their shit with a 10 ft poll.
Larry Summers is arguably the most corrupt official in Washington in the 20th/21st century. And Obama was seeking to make him the Secy of Treasury. That tells you volumes about who Obama really was.

Now, there are plenty on the Republican side who are just as bad. I only bring these fellows up because i know you may have not even heard of them.

View attachment 277313

Great, slow and steady is the way to go with some steady small ups and downs , the turtle always wins, instead of the lazy arse rabbit, who tries to get rich overnight, you seen what he did to his companies and we should let him have the economy of the US, NO WAY.

View attachment 277313

Great, slow and steady is the way to go with some steady small ups and downs , the turtle always wins, instead of the lazy arse rabbit, who tries to get rich overnight, you seen what he did to his companies and we should let him have the economy of the US, NO WAY.

images (8).jpeg

View attachment 277313

View attachment 277319

Yes Tramp is a rabbit and you know what they say about rabbits don't you??

View attachment 277313

View attachment 277319

Yes Tramp is a rabbit and you know what they say about rabbits don't you??
A turtle wins?

I would agree to a point but the economy has natural ups and downs and recessions. In the mid to late 90's there was a lot of evidence that a recessions was coming and it showed up in March of 2001 and I expected it to get worse especially in wake of 911, however it was delayed until 2008. I do think policies have an effect on recessions but the policies leading up to 2008 recession went back many years and many economists have agreed. The next recession was forecast to be here in 2016 or 2017 because of the lack of growth from the last recession. I think the trade war has hurt America in the short turn but could be very beneficial in the long term. Our debt is $22 trillion and the spending is just plain off the charts. We need to shrink the debt, cut spending, raise taxes which would hit the economy in the short term however strengthen it in the long term.

Politicians don't have the guts to take this step as it could hurt their re-election. The debt is a huge problem in stabilizing our economy. The is just my opinion.

I do, there are highs and lows, but the lows it seems have been really low, the great recession, and what Reagan did it the economy is why Bush Sr was a one term president.

First off I don't blame just a President, it is much more complex. Clinton brought us to a recession by your theory in 2001, however there is more at play than the President. The big reason we are not getting out of the recession is our debt is way to high. We need to cut the debt to stabilize the economy. The problem with cutting the debt is the economy in the short term will contract as government spending with contract. In the long run we benefit with a more stable economy.

If things were that good under EITHER party, they would never fall out of power. Everybody argues with the same data, but comes away with a different conclusion.

Forum List

Back