🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Map of most and least racially tolerant countries on planet earth.

Beachboy

Irritated Indy Voter
Apr 8, 2013
Thought we all might find this map from 2013 in the Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...racially-tolerant-countries/?tid=pm_world_popCountries in the blue are the most tolerant of having a "neighbor of another race." Countries in red are the worst.

racial-tolerance-map-hk-fix.jpg

To me the message is clear, while Americans are among the most open-minded, we must consider that those less tolerant easily become enemies fast, and must be dealt with as such. This Indy voter cautions, let's keep our eyes open when having foreign relations with racist countries. WE ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE THESE BIGOTS. My, my look at the Middle East, what does that tell us?

Last edited:
Who would have imagined that the French were so bigoted and xenophobic?

But at least they have free health care! :rolleyes: :lol:

Did the Post actually call a sample group in Russia and freaking India and Madagascar or did they call ten or twenty people in Wisconsin and fake the rest and call it a "scientific survey"?

Agree, France is a bit of a surprise. However, they have been fighting for years to keep their language from being obsolete in the modern world. There was a time, I recall, that French was the language of international diplomacy.

france19.gif

If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I would like to be French in my next lifetime. Apparently, actor Johnny Depp has made France his home and likes it.

Last edited:
Did the Post actually call a sample group in Russia and freaking India and Madagascar or did they call ten or twenty people in Wisconsin and fake the rest and call it a "scientific survey"?

If you check out the link in the OP you will see the methodology to arrive at the conclusions of Swedish economists and their Values Survey.

sweden.gif

Last edited:

Agree, France is a bit of a surprise. However, they have been fighting for years to keep their language from being obsolete in the modern world. There was a time, I recall, that French was the language of international diplomacy.

france19.gif

If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I would like to be French in my next lifetime. Apparently, actor Johnny Depp has made France his home and likes it.
It is not a surprise, when you understand xenophobic bigots.

Their derivative of Latin deserves to be obsolete, as the only people who speak it anymore are snooty French and snooty Quebeckers.

At least the Spanish can kind of figure out what the Portuguese are trying to say, who can kind of figure out what the Italians are trying to say, who can kind-of-sort-of figure out what the Spanish are trying to say.

The French are antiques.

The Koreans are interesting. They've got a big racial purity thing going. North Korea has the grey = no data color, but it's even worse than the south in that regard.

I can imagine it, the whole French colonial empire thing might have had something to do with it, and they still have a lot of old bigotry from those times. Marine Le Pen is the poster-woman of it, she believes that French imperialism was justified and a good thing. :lol:

Last edited:
Thought we all might find this map from 2013 in the Washington Post. A fascinating map of the world?s most and least racially tolerant countriesCountries in the blue are the most tolerant of having a "neighbor of another race." Countries in red are the worst.

To me the message is clear, while Americans are among the most open-minded, we must consider that those less tolerant easily become enemies fast, and must be dealt with as such. This Indy voter cautions, let's keep our eyes open when having foreign relations with racist countries. WE ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE THESE BIGOTS. My, my look at the Middle East, what does that tell us?

The US map is inaccurate. It doesn't reflect "stan" states that should be a much lighter shade of blue for intolerance and more third world. Alabamastan, Mississipistan, Floridastan, etc.

Thought we all might find this map from 2013 in the Washington Post. A fascinating map of the world?s most and least racially tolerant countriesCountries in the blue are the most tolerant of having a "neighbor of another race." Countries in red are the worst.

The US map is inaccurate. It doesn't reflect "stan" states that should be a much lighter shade of blue for intolerance and more third world. Alabamastan, Mississipistan, Floridastan, etc.

It's also inaccurate because its only based on one very specific question. There's lots of other criteria that could be considered too. Like the rampant racial discrimination against whites, still going on (after 50 years) in affirmative action programs, and much of it administered by govt. By this alone, the US could be shown in red.

france19.gif

Their derivative of Latin deserves to be obsolete, as the only people who speak it anymore are snooty French and snooty Quebeckers.

At least the Spanish can kind of figure out what the Portuguese are trying to say, who can kind of figure out what the Italians are trying to say, who can kind-of-sort-of figure out what the Spanish are trying to say.

The French are antiques.

You are talking to a guy who flunked his way through high school Latin. The only reason I passed was because the tutor my mother hired was best friends of my Latin teach. All I remember is "Mica, mica, parwa stella," (Twinkle, twinkle little star!). :eusa_pray: Latin used to be a key to getting into better colleges.

children-flunk-flunking-language-peer_pressure-peer-dro0996l.jpg

Last edited:

I can imagine it, the whole French colonial empire thing might have had something to do with it, and they still have a lot of old bigotry from those times. Marine Le Pen is the poster-woman of it, she believes that French imperialism was justified and a good thing. :lol:

Two things Americans should note about the French. Had they not helped during the American Revolution, there would be no United States today. Secondly, Lafayette Park was built directly across the street from the front door of the White House so that our President would never forget that fact.

White-House%2Bnorth%2Bfacade.jpg

Pretty smart people those French. Talk about the political use of advertising, eh?​

Last edited:
is there a point to this thread?

SOME people want to act as if some human being are so saintly they are without any prejudices...well we no the left/libs like to act as if they don't...but we know better

again what is the point?

Last edited:

[/CENTER]

The French are antiques.

The reason their derivative of Latin went the nasal route is the Celtic influence, which is also the case in Portuguese, the western world's most beautiful language. Spanish and Italian are closer to each other in intelligibility than Spanish and Portuguese methinks. Except in northwestern Spain (Galicia) where the Spanish sounds more like Portuguese, again because of the Celtic influence.

Btw you left out Romanian....?

As for French xenophobia -- ever been there? The French idea of going on vacation is to go to another part of France. For a land in the middle of Europe there's definitely an insular mentality. Much like we have. At least they're bi- and tri-lingual.

Last edited:
is there a point to this thread?

SOME people want to act as if some human being are so saintly they are without any prejudices...well we no the left/libs to act as if they don't...but we know better

again what is the point?

XXXXX

My, my look at the Middle East, what does that tell us?

Nothing. Pretty much like the rest of the map. And since we know where you're going with this -- explain Pakistan.

What gives me pause here is the little circles inside Italy -- those are Vatican City and San Marino. Are we to believe the attitudes in these tiny surrounded countries are different from the Italy that surrounds them? Makes me wonder about methodology -- just sayin'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Two things Americans should note about the French. Had they not helped during the American Revolution, there would be no United States today. Secondly, Lafayette Park was built directly across the street from the front door of the White House so that our President would never forget that fact.

White-House%2Bnorth%2Bfacade.jpg

Pretty smart people those French. Talk about the political use of advertising, eh?​

That's Lafayette Square, and the French didn't build that. It was part of "President's Park" and named after a Frenchman. So no, it wasn't built for any such purpose. Talk about the political use of not doing your research, eh?

I was surprised with India at over 40%. That is unusual, I know some folks from India, and I cannot picture them falling in that 40%+ category.

the only people learning anything here are the liberals. Poll them and they'd swear we were the most racist.

typical sheep are typical

The map is fairly consistent with my travel and ex-patriot living experiences. No big surprises, except maybe Japan.

I was surprised with India at over 40%. That is unusual, I know some folks from India, and I cannot picture them falling in that 40%+ category.

That's because the whole basis is flawed. Check out all the caveats in the link -- they mention that.

Forum List

Back