🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Map of most and least racially tolerant countries on planet earth.

Thought we all might find this map from 2013 in the Washington Post. A fascinating map of the world?s most and least racially tolerant countriesCountries in the blue are the most tolerant of having a "neighbor of another race." Countries in red are the worst.

racial-tolerance-map-hk-fix.jpg

To me the message is clear, while Americans are among the most open-minded, we must consider that those less tolerant easily become enemies fast, and must be dealt with as such. This Indy voter cautions, let's keep our eyes open when having foreign relations with racist countries. WE ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE THESE BIGOTS. My, my look at the Middle East, what does that tell us?

The US map is inaccurate. It doesn't reflect "stan" states that should be a much lighter shade of blue for intolerance and more third world. Alabamastan, Mississipistan, Floridastan, etc.

You could be correct, after all this is only one study, but you might want to check out the methodology in the OP. A fascinating map of the world?s most and least racially tolerant countries The question Swedish Economists asked in 80 counties was "Would you object to having neighbors of a different race." It would seem difficult to live anywhere in the United States without at least one neighbor of a different race, even in rural areas.

Think of this map as a starting point for discussion. If you prefer a different map, (and there are other studies), please link us to it. And, remember up to 4.9% of Americans DID have a problem with neighbors of a different race, but still we get the highest rating for open-mindedness, as does most of our hemisphere.

3GU4O73.png

Last edited:
If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I would like to be French in my next lifetime. Apparently, actor Johnny Depp has made France his home and likes it.
[/CENTER]

I've been to southern France. It was very relaxing.

I can imagine it, the whole French colonial empire thing might have had something to do with it, and they still have a lot of old bigotry from those times. Marine Le Pen is the poster-woman of it, she believes that French imperialism was justified and a good thing. :lol:

Two things Americans should note about the French. Had they not helped during the American Revolution, there would be no United States today. Secondly, Lafayette Park was built directly across the street from the front door of the White House so that our President would never forget that fact.

White-House%2Bnorth%2Bfacade.jpg

Pretty smart people those French. Talk about the political use of advertising, eh?​

That's Lafayette Square, and the French didn't build that. It was part of "President's Park" and named after a Frenchman. So no, it wasn't built for any such purpose. Talk about the political use of not doing your research, eh?

Actually, you are mis-informed. I do not post historic information without a Google check. President Thomas Jefferson, (who was hands-on in designing the U. S. Capitol), cut the area in half and created Lafayette Park in 1804. Lafayette Park was named after General Lafayette, a French Aristocrat who was a General who actually fought for American independence on American soil. He was a long-time friend of President Thomas Jefferson. Lafayette Square, Washington, D.C. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thomas Jefferson's relationship with France was well-established as he was the U. S. diplomat to the French Court. If you have a link to the contrary, I am sure we would all like to read it. Otherwise, you might want to do more reading, and a bit less typing. No one likes to have their time wasted by low-information posters. I have provided a fact/link to support my remarks, and you expect us to treat your glib comments as facts? Not on this board.

I never stated that the park was built by the French. Perhaps the large statue of General Lafayette on horseback in the middle of the park would be a good hint for you.

2746-c609c624.jpg

Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette
Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier de La Fayette, Marquis de La Fayette, in the U.S. often known simply as Lafayette, was a French aristocrat and military officer born in Chavaniac, in the province of Auvergne in south central France. Wikipedia

Last edited:
Two things Americans should note about the French. Had they not helped during the American Revolution, there would be no United States today. Secondly, Lafayette Park was built directly across the street from the front door of the White House so that our President would never forget that fact.

White-House%2Bnorth%2Bfacade.jpg

Pretty smart people those French. Talk about the political use of advertising, eh?​

That's Lafayette Square, and the French didn't build that. It was part of "President's Park" and named after a Frenchman. So no, it wasn't built for any such purpose. Talk about the political use of not doing your research, eh?

Actually, you are mis-informed. I do not post historic information without a quick Google. President Thomas Jefferson, (who was hands-on in designing the U. S. Capitol), cut the area in half and created Lafayette Park in 1804. Lafayette Park was named after General Lafayette, a French Aristocrat who was the French General who actually fought for American independence on American soil. Lafayette Square, Washington, D.C. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Thomas Jefferson's relationship with France was well-established as he was the U. S. representative to the French Court. If you have a link to the contrary, I am sure we would all like to read it.

I never stated that the park was built by the French. Perhaps the large statue of General Lafayette on horseback in the park would be a hint. As to your remarks, I have provided a link to support my remarks, you expect us to treat your glib remarks as facts? Not on this board.

Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier de La Fayette, Marquis de La Fayette, in the U.S. often known simply as Lafayette, was a French aristocrat and military officer born in Chavaniac, in the province of Auvergne in south central France. Wikipedia

Um - you just repeated what I posted and then said I was "mis-informed [sic]".

Moreover you DID post this, which still shows above:
Lafayette Park was built directly across the street from the front door of the White House so that our President would never forget that fact.

Which is a complete crock. But I already noted this. :eusa_hand:

Thought we all might find this map from 2013 in the Washington Post. A fascinating map of the world?s most and least racially tolerant countriesCountries in the blue are the most tolerant of having a "neighbor of another race." Countries in red are the worst.

To me the message is clear, while Americans are among the most open-minded, we must consider that those less tolerant easily become enemies fast, and must be dealt with as such. This Indy voter cautions, let's keep our eyes open when having foreign relations with racist countries. WE ARE NOT GOING TO CHANGE THESE BIGOTS. My, my look at the Middle East, what does that tell us?

the only people learning anything here are the liberals. Poll them and they'd swear we were the most racist.

typical sheep are typical

Speaking as an independent voter, you sound like the pot calling the kettle black!

apotkettle.gif

Last edited:
I was surprised with India at over 40%. That is unusual, I know some folks from India, and I cannot picture them falling in that 40%+ category.

There is a lot of racism against the Mongolian-heritage populations from the northern part of India by the rest of India proper from what I have read.

Actually, you are mis-informed. I do not post historic information without a quick Google. President Thomas Jefferson, (who was hands-on in designing the U. S. Capitol), cut the area in half and created Lafayette Park in 1804. Lafayette Park was named after General Lafayette, a French Aristocrat who was the French General who actually fought for American independence on American soil. Lafayette Square, Washington, D.C. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Thomas Jefferson's relationship with France was well-established as he was the U. S. representative to the French Court. If you have a link to the contrary, I am sure we would all like to read it.

I never stated that the park was built by the French. Perhaps the large statue of General Lafayette on horseback in the park would be a hint. As to your remarks, I have provided a link to support my remarks, you expect us to treat your glib remarks as facts? Not on this board.

Lafayette Park was built directly across the street from the front door of the White House so that our President would never forget that fact.

OMG, it is Pogo. I should have known, never a link to support a word you post.

XXXXXX

Ummmm..... I don't owe a "link" -- I'm not the one who posted "Lafayette Park was built directly across the street from the front door of the White House so that our President would never forget that fact."

Duh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised with India at over 40%. That is unusual, I know some folks from India, and I cannot picture them falling in that 40%+ category.

There is a lot of racism against the Mongolian-heritage populations from the northern part of India by the rest of India proper from what I have read.

Thank you for your post, I am going to look into this further. I should understand this better. The only way to end racism is to understand the roots of it, and deal with it directly.

200px-No-racism.png

Last edited:

XXXXXX

Ummmm..... I don't owe a "link" -- I'm not the one who posted "Lafayette Park was built directly across the street from the front door of the White House so that our President would never forget that fact."

Duh.

Read the words you just posted, and think real hard ~ that is if you can.

It was not until my second post on this subject that I said it was Jefferson who built the park. You said it was the French. Read much? Sounds like a substandard education to me.

XXXXXX

branded-educate-102-600x350.jpg

Who would have imagined that the French were so bigoted and xenophobic?

Could be they're just more honest. That's the problem with surveys that ask people to self-report, in that they don't take into account how different groups have differing standards of truthiness.

Your views on the French are similar to my own.

Execution-of-Louis-XVI.gif

I respect the French for something we Americans seem unable to do. When the French people were starving in 1789, they separated King Louis XVI's body from his head on the guillotine in the public square in Paris.

From that day hence, the French Government has been afraid of the French people in contrast to Americans who fear our Government. Face it the U. S. Government is not afraid of the American people. Look at the way Government pushes us around.

French%20Revolution,%20Louis%20xvi%20guillotine.gif

Last edited:
The OP

XXXXXX

Duh.

Read the words you just posted, and think real hard ~ that is if you can.

It was not until my second post on this subject that I said it was Jefferson who built the park. You said it was the French. Read much? Sounds like a substandard education to me.

Wrong. I specifically said it was not the French.

XXXXXX

Tant pis mon pauvre. Completement con, comme toujours. On l'a déjà vu. Plus ça change...

But at least they have free health care! :rolleyes: :lol:

Agree, France is a bit of a surprise.

No, it isn't.
I don't know if you ever visited countries abroad or have some background knowledge from other sources.
France, our neighbour country, is increasingly flooded with immigrants and their descendants from Morocco, Algeria and other surrounding North African countries.
Generally Moslems. When I was working near Paris around 25 years ago it was already a bit of concern to drive through quarters like La Defense or similar. Better you did not run out of gas there.
They had riots of the Muslim youth the past years wherer they set hundreds of cars on fire EVERY night. There are areas in Paris where the gangs are armed with Kalashnikovs, gang rape every female that is dumb enough to walk there and there will be no police daring to enter this quarters.
The south of France, expecially Marseille or Nice, can widely be described as a Maghreb
exclave in Europe. Mafia in Italy is a Kindergarten compared with the violent criminal energy of the non french population there.
Did you even notice that, and then why, the Front Nationale party now reaches around 30%? Do you think the French elect Nazis, the country that still struggles with our occupation over 4 years in WWII?

No, the French don't want Morocans or Algerians in their neighborhood and they know why. The Brits also don't want Pakistanis or Arabs in their neighborhood. They only don't speak out if you ask them, because this could offend some coloured people and disturb the community cohesion. Recently a Member of Parliament was arrested because he cited in public a few comments of Winston Churchill about Muslims.

That is the situation. In every european country. And it is getting worse day by day.
You have to understand and learn that the so called immigrants, on top so called asylum seekers, have not the slightest interest to become Europeans. or French, or Germans, or Brits, or Swedes. It is not like the US, where at least a significant number of them has the mindset to become Americans.
Our immigrants stay what they are, in fact they are in majority more extreme in their nationalism and racism as the people in their home countries. They state frankly that they do not accept our societies and laws, and are only interested in the social benefits.

In Europe you won't reach people anymore with your demands for tolerance and open mindedness. We were lulled long enough with that word bubbles. The only question that I see is if we will be able to solve this problem, as long it is solvable, in a civilized way by changing the politics. Or if this will end in bloody violence and civil war.

Last edited:

But at least they have free health care! :rolleyes: :lol:

Agree, France is a bit of a surprise.

No, it isn't.
I don't know if you ever visited countries abroad or have some background knowledge from other sources.
France, our neighbour country, is increasingly flooded with immigrants and their descendants from Morocco, Algeria and other surrounding North African countries.
Generally Moslems. When I was working near Paris around 25 years ago it was already a bit of concern to drive through quarters like La Defense or similar. Better you did not run out of gas there.
They had riots of the Muslim youth the past years wherer they set hundreds of cars on fire EVERY night. There are areas in Paris where the gangs are armed with Kalashnikovs, gang rape every female that is dumb enough to walk there and there will be no police daring to enter this quarters.
The south of France, expecially Marseille or Nice, can widely be described as a Maghreb
exclave in Europe. Mafia in Italy is a Kindergarten compared with the violent criminal energy of the non french population there.
Did you even notice that, and then why, the Front Nationale party now reaches around 30%? Do you think the French elect Nazis, the country that still struggles with our occupation over 4 years in WWII?

No, the French don't want Morocans or Algerians in their neighborhood and they know why. The Brits also don't want Pakistanis or Arabs in their neighborhood. They only don't speak out if you ask them, because this could offend some coloured people and disturb the community cohesion. Recently a Member of Parliament was arrested because he cited in public a few comments of Winston Churchill about Muslims.

That is the situation. In every european country. And it is getting worse day by day.
You have to understand and learn that the so called immigrants, on top so called asylum seekers, have not the slightest interest to become Europeans. or French, or Germans, or Brits, or Swedes. It is not like the US, where at least a significant number of them has the mindset to become Americans.
Our immigrants stay what they are, in fact they are in majority more extreme in their nationalism and racism as the people in their home countries. They state frankly that they do not accept our societies and laws, and are only interested in the social benefits.

In Europe you won't reach people anymore with your demands for tolerance and open mindedness. We were lulled long enough with that word bubbles. The only question that I see is if we will be able to solve this problem, as long it is solvable, in a civilized way by changing the politics. Or if this will end in bloody violence and civil war.

Indeed that was going on when I lived in France 35 years ago -- not violence per se but the presence of North Africans. I congregated a lot with Egyptians, Tunisians, Algerians and Moroccans. After all, as the underclass they knew where to get cheap food and a place to crash. I didn't see violence, vandalism or the like, but I did see some racism. Not directed at Arabs but at black Africans. Make what you will of that.

That influx has everything to do with France's colonial history, same as Indians and Pakistanis (and West Indians etc) in the UK. Citizens of, say, Algeria, being a former French colony, have the right to work there. In effect they had more (legal) right to be there than I did.

Then again, the paranoia factor in Britain at that time was not Pakis or Indians or West Indians; it was the IRA -- yet another former colony.

Last edited:
The OP

Forum List

Back