Marijuana poisoning incidents spike in Washington state

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
What did the retards who voted for legalization expect ?

SEATTLE (Reuters) - Marijuana exposure incidents, or 'pot poisonings,' have spiked in Washington state, especially among teenagers, in a trend experts said on Tuesday appears to be linked to the state's largely unregulated medical marijuana industry.
Marijuana exposures are defined as any situation where an adult or child suffers an adverse reaction to the consumption of marijuana, such as increased heart rate, paranoia or stomach illness, according to the Washington Poison Center.
Some 210 marijuana exposures were reported in the first nine months of the year, more than in all of 2013, according to Washington Poison Center Clinical Managing Director Alexander Garrard.
"Our thought is that the spike is potentially related to the number of unlicensed medical marijuana dispensaries that are opening up around the state," he said.
Washington legalized recreational marijuana use in 2012, with the first retail stores opening in 2014 under a highly regulated and taxed system in contrast to the relatively lax pre-existing regime for medical pot.
The state's medical marijuana industry, legalized in 1998, sells products of unconfirmed potency as well as marijuana edibles attractive to children, like gummy bears and lollipops.
While retail stores have been slow to open, Garrard said medical dispensaries have been expanding steadily over the past year.
Marijuana poisoning incidents spike in Washington state - Yahoo News

Marijuana exposures are defined as any situation where an adult or child suffers an adverse reaction to the consumption of marijuana, such as increased heart rate, paranoia or stomach illness, according to the Washington Poison Center.

So you mean getting high? ROFL

Is stomach illness the munchies?

Is stomach illness the munchies?

When you have the munchies but dont have any munchies...yea

SEATTLE (Reuters) - Marijuana exposure incidents, or 'pot poisonings,' have spiked in Washington state, especially among teenagers, in a trend experts said on Tuesday appears to be linked to the state's largely unregulated medical marijuana industry.
Some 210 marijuana exposures were reported in the first nine months of the year, more than in all of 2013, according to Washington Poison Center Clinical Managing Director Alexander Garrard.
"Our thought is that the spike is potentially related to the number of unlicensed medical marijuana dispensaries that are opening up around the state," he said.
Washington legalized recreational marijuana use in 2012, with the first retail stores opening in 2014 under a highly regulated and taxed system in contrast to the relatively lax pre-existing regime for medical pot.
The state's medical marijuana industry, legalized in 1998, sells products of unconfirmed potency as well as marijuana edibles attractive to children, like gummy bears and lollipops.
While retail stores have been slow to open, Garrard said medical dispensaries have been expanding steadily over the past year.

Well lets see what the article says

So the article says right there that the poisonings are related to medical marijuana dispensaries- not legal recreational marijuana shops.

So how bad is this?

No one has died
Or suffered permanent injury.

Unintentional poisoning is the leading cause of injury related death.

But not from marijuana.

Unintentional marijuana deaths have increased 370% since 1990- but not from marijuana

The leading cause of poisoning deaths is prescription opiods- oxy, hydrocodone, vicodin.....

http://www.doh.wa.gov/portals/1/Documents/2900/DOH530090Poison.pdf

But sure- focus on marijuana.......

Good, let them poison themselves. Darwin at work.

LOL....considering that no one dies from marijuana poisoning....unlike alcohol poisoning or opiod poisoning or the many reasons that people actually poison themselves.....

I am sure that the parents of those children who die of accidental poisonings appreciate your sweet thoughts of their children.

LOL....considering that no one dies from marijuana poisoning....unlike alcohol poisoning or opiod poisoning or the many reasons that people actually poison themselves.....

I am sure that the parents of those children who die of accidental poisonings appreciate your sweet thoughts of their children.

Why on Earth should I care about people who didn't care about themselves? Just to make you feel better?

I feel bad for parents who lose a child in any manner, but sometimes people bring about their own demise. Too bad, so sad.

If someone poisons me with their pot -- and that includes simply smoking pot in my vicinity -- and I kill them in self defense there will be marijuana poisoning deaths.
Pot is not a benign drug for some. For some people it is a debilitating, crippling anxiety producer. You try living a conscious nightmare. Someone makes me feel that way with their reckless pot use and I'll hurt them badly.

If someone poisons me with their pot -- and that includes simply smoking pot in my vicinity -- and I kill them in self defense there will be marijuana poisoning deaths.
Pot is not a benign drug for some. For some people it is a debilitating, crippling anxiety producer. You try living a conscious nightmare. Someone makes me feel that way with their reckless pot use and I'll hurt them badly.

620px-Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

620px-Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

, said the dumbass.

yeah- I feel that same way about perfume.

Someone wears perfume around me- and I kill them in self defense....there will be perfume poisoning deaths....I will hurt those ladies wearing perfume badly.....if someone makes me feel that way...

LOL.....

Why on Earth should I care about people who didn't care about themselves? Just to make you feel better?

I feel bad for parents who lose a child in any manner, but sometimes people bring about their own demise. Too bad, so sad.

Of course you wouldn't care about other people.

Why would you suddenly start doing that.

Of course you wouldn't care about other people.

Why would you suddenly start doing that.

Sonny, I'll compare my life and what I've sacrificed for other people to any man alives.

That has NOTHING to do with not feeling sorry for people who die through their own stupidity.

Meh. So, kids are getting their hands on Pot candy. Okay. No different that kids getting their hands on mom and dad's cigarettes, or getting into the liquor cabinet. Shit happens. Hey, mom, and dad. Here's a suggestion: keep the shit outa the reach of kids, like you do any other drugs. Duh!

Forum List

Back