Marine arrested and held in Mexico

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
US Marine Held in Mexico Prison for Guns: The Case of Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi - Latin America news - Boston.com

He accidentally ended up at the border crossing. He tried to stop before he got there, but was waived on through. He was honest and told them he had 3 guns, that he was lost and had not meant to enter Mexico. They arrested him and now he's in jail until his trial.

Mexican military continually cross the border with their guns, they've even been arrested here and immediately released yet an American accidentally crosses the border, doesn't even want to go into Mexico and he's arrested and kept in jail until his trial. Something is wrong with this picture.

US Marine Held in Mexico Prison for Guns: The Case of Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi - Latin America news - Boston.com

He accidentally ended up at the border crossing. He tried to stop before he got there, but was waived on through. He was honest and told them he had 3 guns, that he was lost and had not meant to enter Mexico. They arrested him and now he's in jail until his trial.

Mexican military continually cross the border with their guns, they've even been arrested here and immediately released yet an American accidentally crosses the border, doesn't even want to go into Mexico and he's arrested and kept in jail until his trial. Something is wrong with this picture.

You mean like if you aren't paying attention you can end up in Nuevo Laredo just by following the US 90 signs?

I've done exactly what he's in jail for. Had to use the turn-around. US 90 makes an abrupt right in Laredo. Miss it, and you're entering Mexico.

I just lied about my guns.

The thing is they don't know if he is lying about not intending to enter Mexico. If someone is caught outside a jewelry store at midnight with burglar tools in his hands, the police will assume he intends to burglarize the store. He can say he's just passing buy and he has no intention of breaking into the shop, etc., it's all just an innocent mistake, and so on. Why should they believe him? Why believe the guy in your OP? And, btw, what difference does it make if he is a Marine or not? Marines are just as capable of crime as anyone else.

Last edited:

The thing is they don't know if he is lying about not intending to enter Mexico. If someone is caught outside a jewelry store at midnight with burglar tools in his hands, the police will assume he intends to burglarize the store. He can say he's just passing buy and he has no intention of breaking into the shop, etc., it's all just an innocent mistake, and so on. Why should they believe him? Why believe the guy in your OP? And, btw, what difference does it make if he is a Marine or not? Marines are just as capable of crime as anyone else.

It was a border crossing and he told them he had the guns. He wasn't trying to hide anything. He was just trying to get back home.

It was a border crossing and he told them he had the guns. He wasn't trying to hide anything. He was just trying to get back home.

I understand that. I also see the fact that is his story, which may or may not be true. What it looks like to the police is he was trying to cross the border with guns, and when he realized he was caught, he acted innocent and told them about the guns, which he knew they'd discover anyway. I mean, did he just lean out the window and volunteer the information without being asked, or did he 'volunteer' the information because he knew he'd be in bigger trouble if he lied? One thing about these kinds of reports is we never have the whole story, and they are often biased in one way or another. I don't think the border patrol arrests and holds anyone in jail without just cause. I don't assume they are out to get people for no good reason. Why do you?

Last edited:

I understand that. I also see the fact that is his story, which may or may not be true. What it looks like to the police is he was trying to cross the border with guns, and when he realized he was caught, he acted innocent and told them about the guns, which he knew they'd discover anyway. I mean, did he just lean out the window and volunteer the information without being asked, or did he 'volunteer' the information because he knew he'd be in bigger trouble if he lied? One thing about these kinds of reports is we never have the whole story, and they are often biased in on way or another. I don't think the border patrol arrests and holds anyone in jail without just cause. I don't assume they are out to get people for no good reason. Why do you?

Umm, because I lived in Mexico for awhile years ago, and visited one of their prisons. Cool thing about their prisons. The prisoners have to pay the bill. Yep, they make money off of their prisoners, especially the American ones.

Okay. Well, then, he was really stupid to get that close to the border with guns in his car, and then to try to cross the border. That's a pretty huge mistake. Why isn't the US govenment helping him?

Mexico in a stark contrast with the US has very strict gun laws. For example, if you shoot someone, no matter what the situation was, you are going to go to jail.

Mexico in a stark contrast with the US has very strict gun laws. For example, if you shoot someone, no matter what the situation was, you are going to go to jail.

No. The cartels run Mexico now and most people there easily get away with murder. Nearly all murder cases will remain unsolved. The police are paranoid and live in fear for their lives and the lives of their families. The police can't do s*** but clean up messes.

So killing in Mexico can be easy. Now if you f*** with a cartel, you're dead, and your family is too. They'll do more to hunt you down then the police do.

Honestly, I admire the cartels with a passion. They despised their government and waged war, infiltrating their ranks, bribing officials, slowly conquering territory, exploiting weaknesses, making billions off of drugs and human trafficking, increasing their firepower, slaughtering humans to strike fear into opposition, as a display of power, and for the mere sensation of murder. Now the cartels are more powerful than their hopeless "government".

Last edited:

No. The cartels run Mexico now and most people there easily get away with murder. Nearly all murder cases will remain unsolved. The police are paranoid and live in fear for their lives and the lives of their families. The police can't do s*** but clean up messes.

So killing in Mexico can be easy. Now if you f*** with a cartel, you're dead, and your family is too. They'll do more to hunt you down then the police do.

Honestly, I admire the cartels with a passion. They despised their government and waged war, infiltrating their ranks, bribing officials, slowly conquering territory, exploiting weaknesses, making billions off of drugs and human trafficking, increasing their firepower, slaughtering humans to strike fear into opposition, as a display of power, and for the mere sensation of murder. Now the cartels are more powerful than their hopeless "government".

Why do you admire cartels so much? Just because they despise their government is no reason to admire them. Your tendencies are sort of bizarre.

Once again, they have very strict gun laws and if you violate them, you will be in trouble. Having said that, if the said marine is telling the truth, he should be released.

Why do you admire cartels so much? Just because they despise their government is no reason to admire them. Your tendencies are sort of bizarre.
It's not because they despise their gov't lol. It's the very effective actions that they took as a result of it, many of which I just described. Those are some of my many reasons for admiring them.

Last edited:

He accidentally broke the law and expects to get away with it?
I don't think so.

It's not because they despise their gov't lol. It's the very effective actions that they took as a result of it, many of which I just described. Those are some of my many reasons for admiring them.

So you admire mass murderers, criminals and assorted petty crooks?

2vjpnpj.png

Forum List

Back