Marine discharged after getting caught on camera harassing black woman at Trump rally

So remember that video that surfaced a few days ago of that black chick getting shoved around at the Trump rally in Louisville? Well, one of her attackers was apparently enlisted in the Marine Corps' delayed entry program and has now been kicked out for embarrassing them.

Trump supporters..............

An aspiring marine has been kicked out of the Corp's for harassing a black woman at a Donald Trump rally.

Joseph Pryor, who had enlisted in the Marine's delayed entry program, was filmed shouting at University of Louisville student Kayisha Nwanguma at the political event at Kentucky International Convention Center on March 1.

Shocking footage of the event shows the young, black protester being violently pushed around and screamed at to 'get out' by angry rally-goers.

Marine discharged after caught attacking black woman at Trump rally
As a Marine vet, let me just say that I find this title highly misleading. You can't be discharged from something you were never a part of. If you are in DEP you are not a Marine...you haven't been to boot camp, you haven't gotten your EGA, you aren't even close to being considered a Marine.

Now, this isn't trying to excuse this guy's actions, make light of them, or saying that there aren't bastards in the Marine Corps. However, I'd prefer to not go out of the way to tarnish the image of a lot of good men and women when it isn't warranted.
on the contrary i think the story makes the marine corps look really good.

Pushing someone because they are saying something you don't like makes the marine corps look good?
no, but rejecting someone that acted that way does.

So remember that video that surfaced a few days ago of that black chick getting shoved around at the Trump rally in Louisville? Well, one of her attackers was apparently enlisted in the Marine Corps' delayed entry program and has now been kicked out for embarrassing them.

An aspiring marine has been kicked out of the Corp's for harassing a black woman at a Donald Trump rally.

Joseph Pryor, who had enlisted in the Marine's delayed entry program, was filmed shouting at University of Louisville student Kayisha Nwanguma at the political event at Kentucky International Convention Center on March 1.

Shocking footage of the event shows the young, black protester being violently pushed around and screamed at to 'get out' by angry rally-goers.

As a Marine vet, let me just say that I find this title highly misleading. You can't be discharged from something you were never a part of. If you are in DEP you are not a Marine...you haven't been to boot camp, you haven't gotten your EGA, you aren't even close to being considered a Marine.

Now, this isn't trying to excuse this guy's actions, make light of them, or saying that there aren't bastards in the Marine Corps. However, I'd prefer to not go out of the way to tarnish the image of a lot of good men and women when it isn't warranted.

Pushing someone because they are saying something you don't like makes the marine corps look good?
You have been told here REPEATEDLY! the person who did the shoving WAS NOT!!!!! a member of the USMC.
YOU don't want to be honest about this FACT! YOU are lying to push a false narrative.
YOU should be ashamed of yourself.

You have been told here REPEATEDLY! the person who did the shoving WAS NOT!!!!! a member of the USMC.
YOU don't want to be honest about this FACT! YOU are lying to push a false narrative.
YOU should be ashamed of yourself.

THEN YOU need to take that up with your CON Buddy ogibillm because HE is the one that said it made the MARINE CORP look good. So fuck you and next time you decide to jump in a conversation at least look at WHAT and WHO is being quoted you fucktard. You are the one being dishonest you fucktard.

Another troll thread with a false and misleading title!

He was NOT a Marine! He was a pre-enlistment little snot who had not yet signed an oath or put on the uniform.
You are correct...but at least one poster here thinks he already was in and subject to the UCMJ and could sue to be reinstated. :lmao:

"Hatred toward any group of individuals is not tolerated."

What he has done is not consistent with Marine Corp values.

It was a racial charged incident, and he mentioned the Marines during the altercation.
You're a fucking liar.
Oh, really!

Are you sure you won't consider recanting that statement?

I got that quote directly from the "Marine Corp Times."

Col. John Bolt stated it.

I quoted it!

"Hatred toward any group of individuals is not tolerated."

What he has done is not consistent with Marine Corp values.

It was a racial charged incident, and he mentioned the Marines during the altercation.
You're a fucking liar.
Oh, really!

Are you sure you won't consider recanting that statement?

I got that quote directly from the "Marine Corp Times."

Col. John Bolt stated it.

I quoted it!

Correction. But the quote does not change.

It came from Capt. Oliver David.

Stars and Stripes.

Col. Bolt stated an almost exact same guote.

No, never heard of it. But, she got...SHOVED? DAMN! What an outrage! SHOVED. Really. Shoved. WOW. Umm...Am I missing something? Shoved? Not RAPED, SHOT, VERBALY intimidated. Short sharp shove? I am NOT moved by this.
you must not have seen the video.

Did you even watch the video? The video is taken out of context, it only shows her getting shoved. We have no idea what she was doing seconds before. You can see her SMILING as its happening, so to call this an "assault" is ridiculous. She was there with the intention of disrupting the event and to cause trouble. A woman would not be grinning like that if she felt she was being harassed or assaulted. Chances are that dumb c*nt got what she deserved.
so you think there's a context that makes repeatedly shoving a woman in the back okay, or a context that makes shouting in her face acceptable? what context makes it okay?

Yes, there certainly are contexts when shoving someone isn't "assault".

Judging by her smile, she was hoping it would happen, which means she was disrupting the event. How do we know it wasn't her that started assaulting people?

No, never heard of it. But, she got...SHOVED? DAMN! What an outrage! SHOVED. Really. Shoved. WOW. Umm...Am I missing something? Shoved? Not RAPED, SHOT, VERBALY intimidated. Short sharp shove? I am NOT moved by this.

Did you even watch the video? The video is taken out of context, it only shows her getting shoved. We have no idea what she was doing seconds before. You can see her SMILING as its happening, so to call this an "assault" is ridiculous. She was there with the intention of disrupting the event and to cause trouble. A woman would not be grinning like that if she felt she was being harassed or assaulted. Chances are that dumb c*nt got what she deserved.
so you think there's a context that makes repeatedly shoving a woman in the back okay, or a context that makes shouting in her face acceptable? what context makes it okay?

Judging by her smile, she was hoping it would happen, which means she was disrupting the event. How do we know it wasn't her that started assaulting people?
Then we look forward to those who have been seen shoving her claiming that she pushed them first. When do you think they will tell us?

so you think there's a context where a woman exiting an area under her own power should be repeatedly shoved in the back?

grow up.

so you think there's a context where a woman exiting an area under her own power should be repeatedly shoved in the back?

grow up.

You still can't explain why she was smiling while being "assaulted".

grow up.

sure i can. she knew that it was being recorded and those at the trump rally would be seen for the classless likely racist monsters they are.
she was getting kicked out, but she was winning.

grow up.

Who said it had to be explained? Do you think the expression on a persons face determines if it was an assault or not?

Sounds to me like this Marine--wouldbe Marine--has a nice little lawsuit, since he wasn't on duty and out of uniform and no charges were filed.
If there is a film of him harassing the woman, then I am not surprised that he was booted especially if he isn't sorry for what he said or did on the film. The Marines wanted to make it as clear as glass that the guy does not speak for the rest of the Marines.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Sounds to me like this Marine--wouldbe Marine--has a nice little lawsuit, since he wasn't on duty and out of uniform and no charges were filed.
If there is a film of him harassing the woman, then I am not surprised that he was booted especially if he isn't sorry for what he said or did on the film. The Marines wanted to make it as clear as glass that the guy does not speak for the rest of the Marines.

Holly

He wasn't booted because of footage of him at the rally. He was booted because of posts he made on FB.

Holly

He wasn't booted because of footage of him at the rally. He was booted because of posts he made on FB.

Just more proof that you should be careful about what you post on the internet.

And no, we don't need idiots like this in the military.

Holly
Well that only adds more to it then. If what he said is something that the Marines don't stand for, they don't have to hang on to him anymore if they don't want to.The disagreement must be big enough for them to where they do not want him there anymore.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Like I said before..................

In his actions, and his Facebook postings, the stuff he said brought discredit upon himself and the service he was slated to enlist in.

While in DEP, he wasn't active duty, he was a member of the Marine Corps Reserve (Inactive).

And................finally..................he wasn't "discharged" like the OP is trying to present, he was given an Entry Level Separation, which is an administrative measure that is done at the level of the Commanding Officer of the recruiting district he enlisted at.

In other words, nothing really to see here.

Like I said before....................

He wasn't on active duty, he was a member of the Delayed Entry Program, which is actually part of the Marine Corps Reserves (Inactive).

He didn't get "discharged" as the OP is trying to present it, but rather was given an Entry Level Separation, which is more of an administrative measure that is done at the level of the Commanding Officer that he enlisted from.

And finally, what he had said on Facebook, as well as his actions brought discredit upon himself and the Marines.

The Marines are looking for a few good men, and this dude ain't one of 'em.

Holly
Well that only adds more to it then. If what he said is something that the Marines don't stand for, they don't have to hang on to him anymore if they don't want to.The disagreement must be big enough for them to where they do not want him there anymore.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If they separated because of what he SAID they violated his 1st Amendment rights.

Forum List

Back