Marine finds hateful note on his car...

:salute:

It's just that comments like "grow a fucking spine" really send me off.
Is that what I'm supposed to tell my Marine son when he wakes up screaming, soaked in sweat?

Until any one of these armchair soldiers walk a mile in their boots they can't fathom what kind of raw emotion can be triggered by a seemingly benign piece of paper.

I was just a peacetime, globetrotting, whore fucked so I can't really relate to the fog of war.
I only see the fogged over look in my son's face if/when we talk about his drive to Baghdad.

That's what soldiers are for ... He doesn't need to talk about it to people he has to explain everything to, fight or convince.
He needs to talk with people that know ... And that can relate.

People often talk about soldiers that don't discuss war ... But they leave out the part where that soldier runs into someone else who was there.
Some things are spoken ... Some things are not ... Sometimes it is just a matter of who you are speaking to and what they already know and what doesn't need to be explained.

Other than that ... Here is not there.
Who he is now is not who he was there ... And that makes a difference.
All the bullshit aside ... He had purpose on the road ... People who counted on him.

That simply does not translate the same way here ... Get him some help if he really needs it.

He's getting help.
Thanks
Wounds are deep

It is nothing like Russia, over there what Putin says goes or you find yourself in the Moscow river with a bullet hole in your head.
This is another lie of your government.
You will be surprised but the Russian is very free country =)

Hey I have no problem with Putin, I think he is cool. He is no threat to the USA… Fucking Europeans should stand on their own feet now that they have the EU..

You don't have to tell me what my country did ...
Why is that?
I know better than you what we did.
You can not even give a reason for war.
And technically ...
A man ... come on.
Do not be this childish prattle.
You don't like the reasons anyone else gives ...
You did not call any reasons.
No need to change my mind.

If you like your government ... in a free country ... ok.
The richest country in the world ... tens of thousands of homeless veterans.
It's fucking what?

You have no money?
This is not proof that your government does not care about veterans and patriots?

The money is needed to build that the 10th aircraft carrier.
Where a new generation of patriots float invade another *stan
-Several thousand become invalids
-Several thousand sit in prison
-Several thousand die
The next country to be looted.

Just do not lie about the fact that American soldiers do not kill for oil.

Some have brains
Iraq Veterans Against the War You are not alone

Pile on the abuse they're subjected to for being "baby killers, Islamaphobes, murderers" on top of the guilt over some of the shit they had to do because a minivan wouldn't stop for a checkpoint, and who knows what emotions can come out when faced by an anonymous note in their personal space.....

We were really always kind of professional about things ... But screwed up things happen in a combat zone.
The emotions are there of course ... And yeah, shit sucks.

I don't know how all soldiers handle it ... But I look at civilians and remind myself that they just don't know ... And I am thankful they were far enough away from it all they don't have to know.

Is that what I'm supposed to tell my Marine son when he wakes up screaming, soaked in sweat?

Until any one of these armchair soldiers walk a mile in their boots they can't fathom what kind of raw emotion can be triggered by a seemingly benign piece of paper.

I was just a peacetime, globetrotting, whore fucked so I can't really relate to the fog of war.
I only see the fogged over look in my son's face if/when we talk about his drive to Baghdad.

I served from 2002-2005 but was never deployed to a combat zone. That was the Army's decision, not mine. What do you tell your son? Tell him someone you know on the internet said thank you and that he's a hero in my book. I raise my sons to appreciate people like your son.

Pile on the abuse they're subjected to for being "baby killers, Islamaphobes, murderers" on top of the guilt over some of the shit they had to do because a minivan wouldn't stop for a checkpoint, and who knows what emotions can come out when faced by an anonymous note in their personal space.....

We were really always kind of professional about things ... But screwed up things happen in a combat zone.

I don't know how all soldiers handle it ... But I look at civilians and remind myself that they just don't know ... And I am thankful they were far enough away from it all they don't have to know.

I served from 2002-2005 but was never deployed to a combat zone. That was the Army's decision, not mine. What do you tell your son? Tell him someone you know on the internet said thank you and that he's a hero in my book. I raise my sons to appreciate people like your son.
Interesting. Please tell me what you think about ivaw?

What do I tell him?
So much.....all based in love and most importantly God's Love.
That's what tears at him the most.
Ya see, he joined pre-911 so it was "peacetime".
We're Pentecostal and he had just been "saved, sanctified and filled with the Holy Ghost" in August of 2001.
So when I say he wrestles with demons, I mean it literally.

But I will tell him thanks for you.
I often tell him the same, from others. He knows I talk about his struggles.
It helps me, and his mom to talk to others. He sometimes asks if I've ran across others in his situation.
Last summer I surprised him with a phone call from his Colonel.

When his unit returned from Iraq I thanked the Col.for getting him home safe. McCoy said, NO. He got all of us home safe.

So, yes, I can empathize with the Marine that got threatened by a piece of paper.
My Marine is threatened by Palm groves.

As much as Sonc may want to turn this into another "Bush lied. People died" thread, I'll keep the thread on topic of troubled warriors
:thup:

Vet finds hateful note on car at local shopping center

QUEENSBURY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A simple trip to the store ended with a veteran getting a hateful letter left on his car.

When a local Iraq War veteran went shopping Thursday morning, he did not expect to find an anonymous note with ugly language left on his car.

The letter blasted the Marine for having a Purple Heart and serving overseas. It stated, “All of you Islamaphobe vets deserve to die.”

The note has people shaking their heads. Some call the author pathetic.

“It’s just shocking,” Ann Lanoir said. “It’s just ignorant. That’s the way I feel. I feel like some punk wrote it.”

“Makes me sick to my stomach,” Navy veteran Robert LaPrairie said. “To me, it’s an act of terrorism really.”

“I just think it’s awful,” John Mohring said. “It’s very terrible. Veterans are our heroes.”

NEWS10 ABC showed the note to Lt. Steven Stockdale from the Warren County Sheriff’s Office to determine if the person who wrote it could face charges.

“That’s the first thing I look for Rachel [Yonkunas],” he said. “When we see something like that – is there any potential criminality?”

Stockdale said it is illegal to leave a note on a windshield, but he said the biggest disappointment is that the author thought writing the letter was okay.

“Communication these days has gotten very easy for people who want to stay anonymous,” he said. “And it takes a lot more courage to strap on an 80 pound pack and go to the Middle East and fight for your country than it does to scribble on a note and leave it cowardly behind on somebody’s windshield.”

Ignorant is right. Only an ignorant asshole would put such a note on someone's car.

An ignorant asshole who wouldn't lift a finger to defend this country but has no problem calling those that do islamaphobes.

Hope they find the ignorant asshole so that islamaphobe can kick his ass. I'll help.

An anonymous note calls for even being noticed? What was the guy looking for in even reporting such a minor event? This could be related to any number of imaginable situations. How, for example, was it known this car belonged to a veteran? It could be something totally personal; a jealous girlfriend or boyfriend, someone who didn't like the way the car was parked.
Really, it indicates nothing.

What do I tell him?
So much.....all based in love and most importantly God's Love.
That's what tears at him the most.
Ya see, he joined pre-911 so it was "peacetime".
We're Pentecostal and he had just been "saved, sanctified and filled with the Holy Ghost" in August of 2001.
So when I say he wrestles with demons, I mean it literally.

But I will tell him thanks for you.
I often tell him the same, from others. He knows I talk about his struggles.
It helps me, and his mom to talk to others. He sometimes asks if I've ran across others in his situation.
Last summer I surprised him with a phone call from his Colonel.

When his unit returned from Iraq I thanked the Col.for getting him home safe. McCoy said, NO. He got all of us home safe.

So, yes, I can empathize with the Marine that got threatened by a piece of paper.
My Marine is threatened by Palm groves.

As much as Sonc may want to turn this into another "Bush lied. People died" thread, I'll keep the thread on topic of troubled warriors
:thup:

Lolz ... The Almighty might be great ... But the demons do a better job of riding shotgun on the battlefield ... It wasn't God in the palm grove.

What I am saying is that it will take him some time to come back around to where he may want forgiveness.
His balance sheet isn't about pinching bubble gum from the corner store or coveting his neighbor's wife.

It is possible the demons got him through ... Now they want to be paid.
I know what it is like when someone starts talking about God when you are struggling with your service ... It may take decades for him to grapple with that.
Chances are he isn't going to find or have the same relationship you do with God ... If and when the Holy Spirit finds him again.

An anonymous note calls for even being noticed? What was the guy looking for in even reporting such a minor event? This could be related to any number of imaginable situations. How, for example, was it known this car belonged to a veteran? It could be something totally personal; a jealous girlfriend or boyfriend, someone who didn't like the way the car was parked.
Did you just join the thread? He had a Purple Heart license plate.

AGAIN, the Marine who received the note didn't report it. How the news station got a copy of the note or even became aware of the situation wasn't disclosed, but they did contact the Marine and he declined to be interviewed on camera and said that he laughs at it.

It's mind-boggling to me that anyone is questioning the Marine, he's not the one with the problem, folks. Whether you agree with the war or not, he did as he was ordered to do and does not deserve to be harassed by cowardly assholes making snap judgments about his character.

Last edited:

AGAIN, the Marine who received the note didn't report it. How the news station got a copy of the note or even became aware of the situation wasn't disclosed, but they did contact the Marine and he declined to be interviewed on camera and said that he laughs at it.

It's mind-boggling to me that anyone is questioning the Marine, he's not the one with the problem, folks. Whether you agree with the war or not, he did as he was ordered to do and does not deserve to be harassed by cowardly assholes making snap judgments about his character.
The Left has a visceral contempt of the military. It isn't mind boggling to me, this is who they are.

Whether you agree with the war or not, he did as he was ordered to do and does not deserve to be harassed by cowardly assholes making snap judgments about his character.
Well... cry over.
not deserve
Do you think so. Someone thinks differently. In the US democracy. Or I'm wrong?
he was ordered
So what? This is most easily

I'm not going to spend my time trying to decipher your ESL messages so you can derail this thread.

You are not going to educate me about my nation, the reasons we went to war, or change how I feel about those decisions now. Nor will you change my opinion of the young men and women who serve their nation. Since none of that is going to happen and you clearly have your own agenda, I respectfully request that you take your horseshit elsewhere.

The Left has a visceral contempt of the military. It isn't mind boggling to me, this is who they are.

We do? I managed to miss that memo.

Don't be stupid. If the shoe fits, wear it

Don't be stupid. If the shoe fits, wear it

I'm not the stupid one here, I'm not making broad generalizations about people I don't know.

I'm a liberal and have zero contempt for our military. My brother is a United States Marine, my father was Navy, both grandfathers served during wars, an uncle served in Desert Storm, and my daughter's father did two tours, one in Afghanistan and one in Iraq.

Believe me when I say this, I have zero contempt for our nations military. My contempt rests solely on the politicians who are too quick to send us into wars and do not properly care for our men and women abroad and then back at home.

Forum List

Back