Mark Kelly: The next possible Democratic Presidential Hopeful in 2024?

Finally, more red-flag laws would help, Kelly said. These laws permit family members, roommates, law-enforcement officers, and others who are worried about someone's mental state to temporarily restrict that person's access to guns.
How would you “restrict” their access unless they are locked up or put into a mental institution?

Kelly would bring new blood to the party and Gabby Giffords would be an inspirational First Lady.

They would be the NRAs worst nightmare

How would it be "bad" for the NRA? NRA membership soared during the regime of gungrabber Obama.

Ironically, the election of Trump would be bad for the NRA, as people would see less reason to belong
NRA pulls the same shit with every Democrat

”Fill in Democrats Name” is going to take your guns

Send us money
That’s because Dems always vote to restrict gun rights. :cuckoo:

Dems vote for safety.

Republicans put the rights of an assassin over the rights of his victims
Wrong again.
Conservatives (not republicans) legally and responsibly capitalize on their 2nd amendment right.
Some gang banger who bought a Saturday night special at the local 7-11 parking lot is not what is in the conversation and to imply that legal and responsible gun owners are part of that demographic is irresponsible, childish and, to be frank, dangerous.

Democrats don't vote for safety. They vote for what is easy and makes them feel good......until, of course, it comes to their backyard.

Streisand.....walls don't work! Let them in! They are just looking for a better life.
Streisand....I request to build a wall on the public beach in front of my house because I deserve protection from those that want to take selfies with my mansion in the background.

Enough said there.

This is what Kelly, a gun owner, proposes
Why would you object?

Kelly has three big policy proposals on gun safety. First, he supports universal federal background check legislation that would require every gun seller in the US to vet who's buying their guns.

Second, Kelly said the US should crack down on domestic violence offenders with guns. Perpetrators of mass shootings have disproportionately troubling histories of abusing women.

Finally, more red-flag laws would help, Kelly said. These laws permit family members, roommates, law-enforcement officers, and others who are worried about someone's mental state to temporarily restrict that person's access to guns.

How about if someone drops a dime on Kelly himself and feels he is mentally unstable? Would he object to turning in his guns and those of his body guards for 6 or 8 months as he spends thousand of dollars on attorney fees trying to prove he isn't insane?

The thing is with these libs, they want these restriction on you, but not on themselves.

Kelly would bring new blood to the party and Gabby Giffords would be an inspirational First Lady.

How would it be "bad" for the NRA? NRA membership soared during the regime of gungrabber Obama.

Ironically, the election of Trump would be bad for the NRA, as people would see less reason to belong

Send us money

Dems vote for safety.

Wrong again.
Conservatives (not republicans) legally and responsibly capitalize on their 2nd amendment right.
Some gang banger who bought a Saturday night special at the local 7-11 parking lot is not what is in the conversation and to imply that legal and responsible gun owners are part of that demographic is irresponsible, childish and, to be frank, dangerous.

Democrats don't vote for safety. They vote for what is easy and makes them feel good......until, of course, it comes to their backyard.

Streisand.....walls don't work! Let them in! They are just looking for a better life.
Streisand....I request to build a wall on the public beach in front of my house because I deserve protection from those that want to take selfies with my mansion in the background.

Enough said there.

Why would you object?

Kelly has three big policy proposals on gun safety. First, he supports universal federal background check legislation that would require every gun seller in the US to vet who's buying their guns.

Second, Kelly said the US should crack down on domestic violence offenders with guns. Perpetrators of mass shootings have disproportionately troubling histories of abusing women.

I have no issue with universal federal background check.

Crackdown on domestic violence offenders? What does that mean? If you are convicted of domestic violence in a court of law, you lose your CCP as well as your license to own a firearm. So are you saying if someone accuses you of domestic violence, you lose your license before being convicted? So if my wife hates the fact that I have ass smell, she can accuse me of domestic violence and without a court proceeding and a verdict by a jury of my peers I lose my 2nd amendment right?
And I explained the issue with the whole "red flag" thing. Exactly what constitutes a legitimate red flag? The fact that my neighbor hates me? The fact that my ex did not like the settlement her attorney got her?

You see, you are making it easy....do this do that....simple...no issue.....but it doesnt work that way.

Yes, we need to keep those engaged in domestic violence away from weapons.

If you have a complaint against you, you lose your arsenal until the issue is resolved.

If you don’t like it, stop beating your wife
So one accused of beating his wife loses his right to his 2nd amendment, not to mention other rights, even though he has not been found guilty of such a horrific act.

So I assume all accusers are able to take away ones rights on command before proof is presented and studied.

OK..I accuse you of beastiality

See you in court. In the meantime, you lose your rights as an American.

How is that working out for you?

When someone beats their wife and is allowed to keep their guns and subsequently kills her......It is the wife’s rights that were violated.

Someone who loses their access to deadly weapons while their threat is being assessed is inconvenienced. The safety and well being of his wife is more crucial

Send us money

Dems vote for safety.

Wrong again.

Enough said there.

Why would you object?

How about if someone drops a dime on Kelly himself and feels he is mentally unstable? Would he object to turning in his guns and those of his body guards for 6 or 8 months as he spends thousand of dollars on attorney fees trying to prove he isn't insane?

The thing is with these libs, they want these restriction on you, but not on themselves.

We need rules and procedures for filing a complaint. The family, friends, coworkers need to specify specific actions that are deemed to be a threat. They need to specifically say why this person should have his weapons removed.

There also need to be specific procedures for addressing the claims, being assessed by a medical professional and a methodology to get your guns back. Also, a means of regress for any damages due to false claims

How is he going to “crack down” on them? By keeping them in prison? If not he is full of shit.

Wife beaters belong in prison
They should also be kept away from guns.

Also, a means of regress for any damages due to false claims

Would snitches be forced to post a bond to cover the damages if its found out that the claims were unsubstantiated?

If someone is killed because they don't have a firearm due to the snitch's report, will the snitch be charged with manslaughter?

How about legal fees? Will the ACLU provide free pro bono representation for individuals fighting being "Red FlaggeD" in court?

How is he going to “crack down” on them? By keeping them in prison? If not he is full of shit.

They don't allow the inmates in prison to have firearms. Most guys in the pen have Shivs instead, should they be banned as well?

Send us money

Dems vote for safety.

Wrong again.

Enough said there.

Why would you object?

We need rules and procedures for filing a complaint. The family, friends, coworkers need to specify specific actions that are deemed to be a threat. They need to specifically say why this person should have his weapons removed.

There also need to be specific procedures for addressing the claims, being assessed by a medical professional and a methodology to get your guns back. Also, a means of regress for any damages due to false claims
OK. So you are my neighbor;. I don't like you because you let dandelions grow on your lawn. I talk to the neighbor to your right and he agrees he doesn't like dandelions growing on your lawn.
So we red flag you by claiming we saw you masturbating up against the mailbox with an axe in your hand.
And now you need to pay an attorney to hire a psychologist to evaluate you to find out there is nothing wrong with you and then you need to pay an attorney to present your psychological report to the court so you can continue to enjoy your rights as an American?
All because me and my friend are dicks and hated the fact that you allowed daneilions to grow on your lawn?

Sounds like a good plan.

Wife beaters belong in prison. I agree.
Those that are accused of wife beating but not yet found guilty of such should not lose their rights as an american.

Those that are accused of wife beating but not yet found guilty of such should not lose their rights as an american.
But, but, but, #BelieveAllWomen (except Tara Reade).

While they are still out and a threat to their wife?

Small inconvenience to take his weapons away

Send us money

Dems vote for safety.

No they don't.

Who could possibly oppose these?

"Red flag" laws would punish people BEFORE any trial or appeals. That's a problem.

Too freaking bad

In mass shooting after mass shooting we hear the same story.
It is not......I never suspected he could do such a thing, it’s “That guy was always creepy and I knew it was a matter of time.

If the people who know you best suspect there is something seriously wrong with you, it is not that big a “punishment” to have him give up his arsenal while everything is sorted out

Who are you to "punish" someone who has committed no crime?

It's a violation of his fundamental rights.

The fact that there are people like you out there that are okay with that, is why we are armed in the first place.

Send us money

Dems vote for safety.

Wrong again.

Enough said there.

Why would you object?

No.

Friends, family and neighbors say you should remove guns from this guy while he is being investigated.

1604618375853.jpeg

Gabby Giffords and Mark Kelly agrees

Send us money

Dems vote for safety.

Wrong again.

Enough said there.

Why would you object?

I have no issue with universal federal background check.

Crackdown on domestic violence offenders? What does that mean? If you are convicted of domestic violence in a court of law, you lose your CCP as well as your license to own a firearm. So are you saying if someone accuses you of domestic violence, you lose your license before being convicted? So if my wife hates the fact that I have ass smell, she can accuse me of domestic violence and without a court proceeding and a verdict by a jury of my peers I lose my 2nd amendment right?
And I explained the issue with the whole "red flag" thing. Exactly what constitutes a legitimate red flag? The fact that my neighbor hates me? The fact that my ex did not like the settlement her attorney got her?

You see, you are making it easy....do this do that....simple...no issue.....but it doesnt work that way.

Yes, we need to keep those engaged in domestic violence away from weapons.

If you have a complaint against you, you lose your arsenal until the issue is resolved.

If you don’t like it, stop beating your wife
So one accused of beating his wife loses his right to his 2nd amendment, not to mention other rights, even though he has not been found guilty of such a horrific act.

So I assume all accusers are able to take away ones rights on command before proof is presented and studied.

OK..I accuse you of beastiality

See you in court. In the meantime, you lose your rights as an American.

How is that working out for you?

When someone beats their wife and is allowed to keep their guns and subsequently kills her......It is the wife’s rights that were violated.

Someone who loses their access to deadly weapons while their threat is being assessed is inconvenienced. The safety and well being of his wife is more crucial
Is it?
Wives attack husbands far more often than the other way around, and they do a lot less time for it too.

She's either a fully grown adult who is treated equally (not better), or she's not; you can't have it both ways.

Send us money

The D's always promise Gun Confiscation. This year, Sleepy Joe was asked if he planned to do it.

To quote Biden "Bingo"

What libs fail to realize is that people will always have guns. If they can't buy them in a store, they'll buy them from independent fellows working out of the trunks of their cars or back rooms of bars. The question was never "guns of no guns" but Legal, Safe guns, or the wild west where anyone can get it if they have cash.
Both Kelly and Giffords are avid shooters and gun owners.

They support responsible gun legislation including universal background checks and banning high capacity magazines.

As do most Americans

I don't believe you. If Gabby was an "avid shooter", she would have shot back, instead of being a bullet-sponge.

Send us money

Dems vote for safety.

Wrong again.

Enough said there.

Why would you object?

No, we're not negotiating..... we don't need any of this, and we won't have it.

I know it is early and his political career has just started but I have a strong hunch that in 2024 Mark Kelly will be running for the Oval Office and if not then in 2028 and he could win if he plays the game correctly.

Americans love their celebrities and military men and he checks off the correct boxes to draw in the right amount of votes if he did run in 2024...

Let be clear Biden is one and done and Harris is hated by so many so the Democratic Party will be looking for someone they can run that can defeat someone like Cruz in 2024...

So I will leave this here and we will see in four years if Kelly is the left Candidate for President or VP...
Space cadet wacko? Hahahahahahaha he is more nuts than most of the Dems.

Forum List

Back