Mark Kelly's 'AR-15 Stunt' Provokes Giffords Photo Leak (photo of Gabby holding AR-15

AR 15 style rifles and high capacity magazines are not a problem. and statistically they have shown thet are not a problem. you can only site a handfull of incidents in the last 10 years. Fact is, most of thes weapons are never used for any wrong doing. if we want ot take a look at numbers she should be more opposed to hammers.

If you truly feel that way when you see an AR-15, then I would support you giving up your 2nd Amendment rights and seeking help from your State's Mental Health Department. I think you have made a fine choice in not having a weapon at hand.

Functionally, what is intrinsically wrong with AR-15s?
Maybe not much more than your typical deep hunting rifle

But nothing says "I'm a badass" like an AR-15. Combine it with a 50 round magazine and you are all ready to shoot up your local movie theater or first grade classroom

If you TRULY feel that way, then I support you giving up your Second Amendment Rights and seeking assistance from your State's Mental Health Department. I wish you well.

We can either have an honest discussion of gun violence in this country or not.

Covering your ears and screaming "Second Amendment, Second Amendment, Second Amendment" is not an answer

There are many, many things that can be done to cut down gun violence that are within the second amendment

By AWR Hawkins
Breitbart ^
03/14/2013

Giffords.png

Mark Kelly's campaign against "assault weapons" such as the AR-15 rifle has sparked a local backlash. On March 13, a Tucson, Arizona radio host published a photograph of former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords holding an AR-15 rifle at a gun range. Giffords has since confirmed that the photograph is authentic. James T. Harris, blogging at the website of "101.4 FM The Truth," wrote:

What is wrong with this picture? Absolutely nothing, and prior to the aggressive progressive opportunistic fear mongering in the wake of Sandy Hook, this picture would have raised no eyebrows and garnered little public attention.

However, in response to the exploitative political scheming of Mark Kelly, persons connected to Congresswoman Giffords released this photo in response to what they perceived to be her husband’s hypocrisy.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Mark Kelly's 'AR-15 Stunt' Provokes Giffords Photo Leak

Look at that picture!

What could possibly make Gabby change her mind about having AR-15s in public hands?
Maybe it was a bullet passing through her brain

the mugged liberal defense, classic :lol:

What else do you expect the woman to do?

Her entire life was shattered in an instant and you don't think that would change your views on guns?

And you call her a hypocrite? What a bunch of assholes

If you truly feel that way when you see an AR-15, then I would support you giving up your 2nd Amendment rights and seeking help from your State's Mental Health Department. I think you have made a fine choice in not having a weapon at hand.

But nothing says "I'm a badass" like an AR-15. Combine it with a 50 round magazine and you are all ready to shoot up your local movie theater or first grade classroom

If you TRULY feel that way, then I support you giving up your Second Amendment Rights and seeking assistance from your State's Mental Health Department. I wish you well.

Covering your ears and screaming "Second Amendment, Second Amendment, Second Amendment" is not an answer

There are many, many things that can be done to cut down gun violence that are within the second amendment

You're on the wrong track. The problem is not GUN violence, it's ALL violence. And dealing with that will involve educating people against violent behavior, effectively punishing violent criminals and getting help to the mentailly ill rather than letting them wander the streets where they can be a threat to themselves and/or others. Dealing with violence has NOTHING to do with regulating firearms.

Last edited:

Her entire life was shattered in an instant and you don't think that would change your views on guns?

Why isn't she going after Glock handguns then?

She should be going after mental defects.

Makes no difference to me if Abraham Lincoln himself were to arise from his grave and announce that he is against gun control. All you cowboys who demand your 100 round ammo cartridges are still paranoid Swartzenager wannbes, and delusional conspiracy theorists, as far as I am concerned.

Don't forget to wear your camouflage clothes at the range, to completer your image.You can also buy online chrome bull testicals to put on the back of your pickup trucks.

Why do you give a rat's ass what people wear at a gun range? You've already expressed your disapproval of the whole thing, I'm sure gun owners don't want you metrosexuals hanging around them any more than you want to be around gun owners. Why can't you numbskulls let people exercise their freedoms? If they find shooting sports entertaining, that's their business. Nobody tells you not to go to gay bars do they? If they, unlike you want to send a thousand rounds down range at targets that's none of your G-damn business. Why don't you Liberal idiots stay the hell out of other people's business and stop trying to usurp people's freedoms? We'd all be better off.

How do you stop gun violence by assaulting Law abiding citizen's Freedoms? You don't.

How do you stop gun violence by assaulting Law abiding citizen's Freedoms? You don't.

How do background checks assault you if you are a law abiding citizen?

Instead of focusing on guns as a whole, clearly guns don't commit the crimes, focus on how you protect yourselves against the Jared Loughner's of the world.

Makes no difference to me if Abraham Lincoln himself were to arise from his grave and announce that he is against gun control. All you cowboys who demand your 100 round ammo cartridges are still paranoid Swartzenager wannbes, and delusional conspiracy theorists, as far as I am concerned.

Don't forget to wear your camouflage clothes at the range, to completer your image.You can also buy online chrome bull testicals to put on the back of your pickup trucks.

Why do you give a rat's ass what people wear at a gun range? You've already expressed your disapproval of the whole thing, I'm sure gun owners don't want you metrosexuals hanging around them any more than you want to be around gun owners. Why can't you numbskulls let people exercise their freedoms? If they find shooting sports entertaining, that's their business. Nobody tells you not to go to gay bars do they? If they, unlike you want to send a thousand rounds down range at targets that's none of your G-damn business. Why don't you Liberal idiots stay the hell out of other people's business and stop trying to usurp people's freedoms? We'd all be better off.

Well, of course they want to belittle and ridicule those who believe differently than they do, whether it applies or not. It's right out of their play book.

how do you background check criminals buying guns on the black market?

Yes there are, but banning scary looking guns with 30 round magazines won't do shit

That's sort of how I feel about voting...how does having ID to vote infringe on voting?

Back to the topic, you are aware we have background checks now, correct?

If we wanted to be realistic in attacking gun violence we would ban all handguns. That is the #1 cause of both murders and suicides. But guess what? That ain't going to happen

Given the three hundred million guns in circulation, that cat is out of the bag

We cannot eliminate gun violence. It is part of our culture. Best we can realistically do is nibble at the fringes. That is what Giffords and Kelly are trying to do. Allow gun owners to still keep their toys but pass laws that can reduce the numbers and severity of killings

If we wanted to be realistic in attacking gun violence we would ban all handguns. That is the #1 cause of both murders and suicides. But guess what? That ain't going to happen

We cannot eliminate gun violence. It is part of our culture. Best we can realistically do is nibble at the fringes. That is what Giffords and Kelly are trying to do. Allow gun owners to still keep their toys but pass laws that can reduce the numbers and severity of killings

300,000,000 guns in circulation and most of them cause no problems at all. good point. lets move off this no issue already and fix the damn economy.

I sure don't think its odd she's holding a gun.

Next asshole that tries to shoot her will be a dead asshole.

So, it's ok for HER to have such a weapon to defend herself, but no one else should...gotcha.

Nope. Anyone should be able to get a gun, legally of course. I myself have several.

I'm not one of your gun control freaks. I firmly believeer in the right to bear arms.

I just don't see a problem with Giffords having a gun. Everyone should have at least one.

Why don't you ask the people of New York whether it's all about background checks?

Again, you limit your attack to gun violence as if the victims of criminals and the mentally ill are't adversely affected by firearms. When you want to address ALL volent behavior, then I'll take you seriously. Until then, you're just another a-hole waving a bloody shirt to exploit the victims of violence for your poltical agenda.

So, it's ok for HER to have such a weapon to defend herself, but no one else should...gotcha.

Nope. Anyone should be able to get a gun, legally of course. I myself have several.

I'm not one of your gun control freaks. I firmly believeer in the right to bear arms.

I just don't see a problem with Giffords having a gun. Everyone should have at least one.

Then I misunderstood your post. I apologize for mischaracterizing your position and thank you for the explanation.

The problem IS that the Giffords are the ones saying nobody should have the exact gun she is holding. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see any exception in the 2A for elitists like the Giffords, did you?

The problem IS that the Giffords are the ones saying nobody should have the exact gun she is holding. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see any exception in the 2A for elitists like the Giffords, did you?

Or, Feinstein, who had a concealed carry permit herself.

Forum List

Back