"Mark my word…": Goldwater's Prophecy.

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
374985_102008131869127.jpg

Conservatism, to me, means you don't have babies you can't feed and provide for.

Conservatism, to me, means the scientific method: 4 decades of data collecting and peer-view = consensus.

Conservatism means conservation.

Conservatism means separation of politics and religion, as religious beliefs are liberal by nature -- as they require faith in a higher (unseen) power.

Conservatism, to me, money out of politics - 60 days from campaign to election.

Conservatism, to me, Usury is a criminal act.

You raise a hand against a federal officer with warrant from a federal judge - you are put down.

Conservatism means pragmatic gun regs that make the seller of a weapon responsible and liable.

Last edited:

Conservatism, to me, means you don't have babies you can't feed and provide for.

Conservatism, to me, means the scientific method: 4 decades of data collecting and peer-view = consensus.

Conservatism means separation of politics and religion, as religious beliefs are liberal by nature -- as they require faith in a higher (unseen) power.

You raise a hand against a federal officer with warrant from a federal judge - you are put down.

Conservatism means pragmatic gun regs that make the seller of a weapon responsible and liable.

Have your other sock accounts chime in with an "AMEN SISTA!!!"

That's dumb.

To some extent, Goldwater was correct.

But don't forget this is the same guy who said, "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice!"

Well, since you clearly find him to be a prophet, you should probably support him in his advocacy for limited government.

Have your other sock accounts chime in with an "AMEN SISTA!!!"

When you can't attack the message, attack the messenger. ...That's all you neanderthals have. Go drag your knuckles on a different thread if you can't comment.

Goldwater, a guy met several times when I was young and the president of our state's college republicans, said to us at least twice that the John Birch Society and Cleon Skousen's group were of the devil.

Well, since you clearly find him to be a prophet, you should probably support him in his advocacy for limited government.

Exactly.

hazlnut conveniently blinded himself to this aspect of Goldwater.

Excellent post. My parents loved Goldwater, I can remember this as a young kid.

GW is no more a prophet than is Thomas Monson, but both are correct in trying to rein in the social conservatives in politics. One of the first steps to apostasy in Mormonism is far left and far right positions that become more important to the holder than church counsel.

Goldwater, a guy met several times when I was young and the president of our state's college republicans, said to us at least twice that the John Birch Society and Cleon Skousen's group were of the devil.

Neither of which have anything to do with religion, and in particular, Christianity.

Two groups whose modus operandi are about international struggles against economic systems.

He may as well have gone ahead and thrown the LaRouche Network and the Bohemian Club into the mix for good measure, too. :badgrin:

Last edited:

Would you like to explain the religious aspect of Hazel's post? He doesn't attach any kind of faith-based meaning or call Goldwater a prophet in a Christian sense. Those are your interpretations.

Looks like the Tea Party has gotten inside your head and rearranged the (limited) furniture.

Last edited:
As compared to lawlers,how many ordained ministers priest are there in our goverment,one would think there is one under every chair,due to all the fussing some do.

Neither of which have anything to do with religion, and in particular, Christianity. Two groups whose modus operandi are about international struggles against economic systems. He may as well have gone ahead and thrown the LaRouche Network and the Bohemian Club into the mix for good measure, too. :badgrin:

The point that he made is that crazy right (or crazy left)p organizations are bad. Throw in religion, they are worse.

He was right (pun intended) but not crazy right like are social conservative religionists.

Neither of which have anything to do with religion, and in particular, Christianity. Two groups whose modus operandi are about international struggles against economic systems. He may as well have gone ahead and thrown the LaRouche Network and the Bohemian Club into the mix for good measure, too. :badgrin:

The point that he made is that crazy right (or crazy left)p organizations are bad. Throw in religion, they are worse.

He was right (pun intended) but not crazy right like are social conservative religionists.

Okay. Cool. Yeah, let's run with that.

We need to go ahead and, with regard to the private sector, throw the Wiccans and Buddhists and Hindus and Taoists and others in PETA into the mix; and in the public sector, the Wiccans and Buddhists and Hindus and Taoists and others in the EPA into the mix as well, then.

Fair game. :badgrin:

Would you like to explain the religious aspect of Hazel's post? He doesn't attach any kind of faith-based meaning or call Goldwater a prophet in a Christian sense. Those are your interpretations.

Looks like the Tea Party has gotten inside your head and rearranged the (limited) furniture.

hazlnut is a worshipper of Big Government. Using Goldwater outside of Goldwater's full context to advance hazlnut's own theology is disingenuous, at best.

Forum List

Back