Markets don't like Trump

Expect the fed to hike interest rates massively in order to touch off a world-wide depression that they'll then (try to) blame on Trump.

The FED has been waiting to raise rates until AFTER the election in an effort to help Hillary get elected.

I will be absolutely SHOCKED if the FED doesn't raise rates next time they meet, now that the election is over and Hillary is a loser.

We have been in a massive bond bubble for a while. If interest rates start to rise, that bubble could pop with catastrophic consequences.
Must be Trump!!

Trump derangement syndrome!! It's already started and he's not even sworn in yet!!

:rofl:

TDS will peak about 12 months into Trump's first term when the economy is booming and the people are cheering Trump and his policies.

The Democratic party will split, with some Dem's throwing in with Trump and the Republicans so they can share in the success story. Look for Trump to be actively recruiting these Democrats. The left wing of the Democratic party will fall on their swords.

Change is here. Hard working blue collar Democrats, Republicans, independents, and minorities largely agree on policy and largely share the same values. This will become the new super party, under the Republican banner. Left wing Democrats and Republican establishment hacks are going to be left out in the cold.

We have been in a massive bond bubble for a while. If interest rates start to rise, that bubble could pop with catastrophic consequences.
Must be Trump!!

Trump derangement syndrome!! It's already started and he's not even sworn in yet!!

:rofl:

TDS will peak about 12 months into Trump's first term when the economy is booming and the people are cheering Trump and his policies.

The Democratic party will split, with some Dem's throwing in with Trump and the Republicans so they can share in the success story. Look for Trump to be actively recruiting these Democrats. The left wing of the Democratic party will fall on their swords.

Change is here. Hard working blue collar Democrats, Republicans, independents, and minorities largely agree on policy and largely share the same values. This will become the new super party, under the Republican banner. Left wing Democrats and Republican establishment hacks are going to be left out in the cold.

I really really really hope you are correct.

That's funny. Didn't I just hear that the DOW closed at a higher rate than it ever has??

We know the Fed is going to raise rates. If Trump and the GOP congress increase deficits as it appears they will, that's not positive for the economy in the longterm. That is, if we already are raising rates to prevent inflation after we yuuuugly increased the amount of dollars floating around, and we are borrowing even more than we borrow now, our interest cost on the debt goes ....up.

Expect the fed to hike interest rates massively in order to touch off a world-wide depression that they'll then (try to) blame on Trump.

That would not surprise me a bit.
For fuck's sake, the markets have been expecting the fed to raise rates for a year. It's inevitable and a result of QE.

We know the Fed is going to raise rates. If Trump and the GOP congress increase deficits as it appears they will, that's not positive for the economy in the longterm. That is, if we already are raising rates to prevent inflation after we yuuuugly increased the amount of dollars floating around, and we are borrowing even more than we borrow now, our interest cost on the debt goes ....up.

For fuck's sake, the markets have been expecting the fed to raise rates for a year. It's inevitable and a result of QE.

Ahhh, but that's not how markets work. Those rates should have risen 8-9 years ago. QE suppressed those rates, which has now created a potentially lethal bubble.

Ahhh, but that's not how markets work. Those rates should have risen 8-9 years ago. QE suppressed those rates, which has now created a potentially lethal bubble.

Yup and douchebag won't be the one who has to deal with it either.

you'd raise rates in a recession. I know you voted for Trump, but that's no way to go through life. LOL

you'd raise rates in a recession. I know you voted for Trump, but that's no way to go through life. LOL

No, Keynesian theories are practically worthless. Each bubble has gotten exponentially larger due to that exact thinking of govt inducing itself into the market.

Forum List

Back