Marriage Matters: Consequences of Redefining Marriage

what was the wording of the question asked in those polls?

Do you want me to do your homework for you?

Far more meaningful just to assert that people believe what you believe and leave it at that, right?

Now, there are a billion muslims in the world. I would venture a guess that 99.9% of the are opposed to gay marriage.
Foreigners don't have a vested stake in our government you ignorant retard.

I originally said that a majority of the people of the world are opposed to gay marriage. I just accounted for a billion of them. you ignorant arrogant retarded fuckhead
My bad, I thought we were in the U.S. Discussion section.

It is ridiculous, knucklehead. You could make the same stupid argument if you said that if you don't believe in capturing a woman in war for your wife you don't believe in "traditional marriage," or if you don't believe in raping a woman, taking her away from her tribe and threatening to kill her if she leaves, or if you don't believe in buying a woman to serve as your wife, or, or, or....

Stupid, pointless argument.

Its not a stupid argument. Its true. That's what traditional marriage is. Modern marriage - where people get to choose for themselves who they marry - is a new concept.

Traditional marriage also involves a right to beat and rape your wife, as well, thanks for bringing that up.

What bigots like you and Rot mean when they say "traditional marriage" is "traditional marriage as it was defined when I was married". t

I know you think you are being cute. But in current parlance "tradional" does not mean "arranged". Traditional means one man one woman.

Words are redefined throughout history...an interesting point.

Do you want me to do your homework for you?

Far more meaningful just to assert that people believe what you believe and leave it at that, right?

Foreigners don't have a vested stake in our government you ignorant retard.

I originally said that a majority of the people of the world are opposed to gay marriage. I just accounted for a billion of them. you ignorant arrogant retarded fuckhead
My bad, I thought we were in the U.S. Discussion section.

no problem, maybe you should PM seawytch, she might invite you over for a 3 way. :cool:

It is ridiculous, knucklehead. You could make the same stupid argument if you said that if you don't believe in capturing a woman in war for your wife you don't believe in "traditional marriage," or if you don't believe in raping a woman, taking her away from her tribe and threatening to kill her if she leaves, or if you don't believe in buying a woman to serve as your wife, or, or, or....

Its not a stupid argument. Its true. That's what traditional marriage is. Modern marriage - where people get to choose for themselves who they marry - is a new concept.

Traditional marriage also involves a right to beat and rape your wife, as well, thanks for bringing that up.

What bigots like you and Rot mean when they say "traditional marriage" is "traditional marriage as it was defined when I was married". t

I know you think you are being cute. But in current parlance "tradional" does not mean "arranged". Traditional means one man one woman.

"current parlance" ? Sorry but traditional doesn't change, else wise it wouldn't be traditional. You say "traditional marriage" means one man one woman because its a definition of "traditional marriage" that is liberal enough to allow you to engage in the marriage you want but restrictive enough to give you a basis on which to hate gay people.

Sorry I'm not buying it. If you truly supported "traditional marriage" you would support the rolling back of all the changes that have been made on marriage in the past couple hundred years. Instead you just define traditional marriage to be what you want.

"current parlance" ? Sorry but traditional doesn't change, else wise it wouldn't be traditional. You say "traditional marriage" means one man one woman because its a definition of "traditional marriage" that is liberal enough to allow you to engage in the marriage you want but restrictive enough to give you a basis on which to hate gay people.

Sorry I'm not buying it. If you truly supported "traditional marriage" you would support the rolling back of all the changes that have been made on marriage in the past couple hundred years. Instead you just define traditional marriage to be what you want.

I don't hate gay people, I have gay friends who are in committed relationships. I support equal rights for them.
But I do not support calling their relationship a marriage. The gays I know do not give a flying fuck what its called as long as they have equal rights. Those like seawytch have an agenda that is beyond equal rights.

I don't hate gay people, I have gay friends who are in committed relationships. I support equal rights for them.
But I do not support calling their relationship a marriage. The gays I know do not give a flying fuck what its called as long as they have equal rights. Those like seawytch have an agenda that is beyond equal rights.

so do you.

I don't give a shit about the gays you know. If you truly supported "traditional marriage" you would support the rolling back of all the changes that have been made on marriage in the past couple hundred years. Instead you just define traditional marriage to be what you want.

Its not ridiculous considering that traditional marriages are arranged.

Its not a stupid argument. Its true. That's what traditional marriage is.

All the things I listed are "what traditional marriage is." Your stupid, pointless 'argument' has no meaning and no relevancy to the topic at hand. Stop digging.

My question to you, is why do you care. if their "relationship" is called a "marriage." Why. Do. You. Care. Your "marriage" will ALWAYS be different than a homosexual one, because you are in a heterosexual relationship. It will ALWAYS be that way. That cant be taken away from you just because the word itself is redefined, and that they get to have their own little homosexual ceremony. Let them have it.

Let them do their thing....and you...you just do your thing.
There are other things in the world that I believe God cares WAY more about.

Why. Why do you care so much.

so do you.

Yes, I do. I will not allow a minority view to be forced on the majority by government edict. I will not allow the government to tell me what to believe and what to think.

This is but another example of government thought control aimed at turning us all into blind worshiping sheep. I will not ever go along with that.

Thats the issue.

My question to you, is why do you care. if their "relationship" is called a "marriage." Why. Do. You. Care. Your "marriage" will ALWAYS be different than a homosexual one, because you are in a heterosexual relationship. It will ALWAYS be that way. That cant be taken away from you just because the word itself is redefined, and that they get to have their own little homosexual ceremony. Let them have it.

see post #1071

see post #1071

So.....all men are created equal...unless they are gay? Man...we need to reword the Declaration of Independence. You may only persue your unalienable right of happiness....unless you are gay.

Traditional marriage means-

married women cannot own property

married women can be legally excluded from professions like law

no interracial marriage

no no-fault divorce

laws prohibiting married couples from using contraception

married women were not allowed to have credit in their own name

you could rape and beat your wife legally

This is what "traditional marriage" means. Any progress since then has been in opposition to "traditional marriage".

There are certain things that you cant tell someone they CANT do because of some ethical grounding that you have.

You may not support abortion, sorry. Too bad. Not your call.

And because you are trying to tell this group of people that they CANT be married because it hasnt always been like that, in a very short period of time. Gays are going to be able to be married pretty much anywhere in the United States.

Get ready for it.

There are certain things that you cant tell someone they CANT do because of some ethical grounding that you have.

And because you are trying to tell this group of people that they CANT be married because it hasnt always been like that, in a very short period of time. Gays are going to be able to be married pretty much anywhere in the United States.

Get ready for it.

My wife and I are already filing for divorce. I'm not going to stand by and watch the gays take down our marriage.

Get ready for it.

My wife and I are already filing for divorce. I'm not going to stand by and watch the gays take down our marriage.

Its the only logical choice, maybe we should claim the title "civil union" and just trade it with the gays...that way there would still be a defining line between us.

no interracial marriage

no no-fault divorce

This is what "traditional marriage" means. Any progress since then has been in opposition to "traditional marriage".

Repeating your stupid and pointless argument over and over won't make it any less stupid and pointless.

Get ready for it.

Its the only logical choice, maybe we should claim the title "civil union" and just trade it with the gays...that way there would still be a defining line between us.

Its really been all downhill since they allowed married women to own property. Sorry but that's just not part of the traditional definition of marriage.

no interracial marriage

no no-fault divorce

Repeating your stupid and pointless argument over and over won't make it any less stupid and pointless.

I'm sorry you oppose traditional marriage.

Forum List

Back