Not open for further replies.

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Ana Maria Luca
November 15, 2013
Marriages of shame
Child marriages among Syrian refugees have turned into a lucrative business

Sahar* wished she could slap that Saudi sheikh, just like she had slapped taxi drivers asking her to provide them with young Syrian girls. But instead she just said “no” and told him that if he shows up at that mosque again she will cut his beard. Then she says she left, slamming the door. It wasn’t just an accident, neither was it just one sheikh who asked her to serve as a matchmaker.

A few months later, another Saudi sheikh approached her at the mosque: He wanted a young Syrian girl to marry and he was wondering whether she could find him a bride, for a fee, of course. Sometimes she gets such proposals from taxi drivers. “Once, I was in a taxi and the driver approached me. There was this Lebanese sheikh who wanted to marry a Syrian girl. ‘He will give you money, and he will also give that woman money,’ he told me. I slapped him, as usual,” she recalled.

Sahar is a conservative Muslim. She wears a hijab, she dons an abaya, she goes to the mosque. “I am a good girl, I am trustworthy. They feel they can trust me with that,” she explains. “If I agree to sell a girl, maybe some other woman would sell me against my will.”

To read the article in its entirety, go to:

https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/reportsfeatures/520916-marriages-of-shame

Ana Maria Luca
November 15, 2013
Marriages of shame

Sahar* wished she could slap that Saudi sheikh, just like she had slapped taxi drivers asking her to provide them with young Syrian girls. But instead she just said “no” and told him that if he shows up at that mosque again she will cut his beard. Then she says she left, slamming the door. It wasn’t just an accident, neither was it just one sheikh who asked her to serve as a matchmaker.

A few months later, another Saudi sheikh approached her at the mosque: He wanted a young Syrian girl to marry and he was wondering whether she could find him a bride, for a fee, of course. Sometimes she gets such proposals from taxi drivers. “Once, I was in a taxi and the driver approached me. There was this Lebanese sheikh who wanted to marry a Syrian girl. ‘He will give you money, and he will also give that woman money,’ he told me. I slapped him, as usual,” she recalled.

Sahar is a conservative Muslim. She wears a hijab, she dons an abaya, she goes to the mosque. “I am a good girl, I am trustworthy. They feel they can trust me with that,” she explains. “If I agree to sell a girl, maybe some other woman would sell me against my will.”

No conscience. These men are evil. The story of the 6 syrian soldiers raping the child and then her father and brother burning her face... the entire story is bizarre, how does one call himself a soldier and do that to a child. That is not my idea of a soldier at all. Soldiers give their lives to protect others, not destroy their own people. How utterly demented these men are. Very sad story.

At least we can all bless Israel for saving the lives of innocent Syrian children in Israel who are the victims of their own people.

Ana Maria Luca
November 15, 2013
Marriages of shame

No conscience. These men are evil. The story of the 6 syrian soldiers raping the child and then her father and brother burning her face... the entire story is bizarre, how does one call himself a soldier and do that to a child. That is not my idea of a soldier at all. Soldiers give their lives to protect others, not destroy their own people. How utterly demented these men are. Very sad story.

Thread closed. When starting a new Thread, please first check and confirm that there are not Current Threads, on the Same Topic, This will Avoid Merges. Please select the forum that best relates to the subject matter of your topic. Opening Posts require more than a Copy and Paste with a Link, You need to include relevant, on topic material of your own. When posting a new topic do not use the CAPS lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back