"Marry a Muslim or you die!"

Nope it's not Kumbaya elsewhere. But it's far more dangerous in Muslim families (or cultures - take your pick)

"Failing to accurately describe the problem makes it more difficult to develop public policies to address it"

And you surely have statistical data like rape in marriage, female child rape to backup your claims?
How many murders happen in 'Western culture' that fit same characteristics as 'honor killings' but are termed as 'murder by stalker', 'murderous relationship drama', 'husband murders divorce-seeking wife' and such?

It's just termed differently, but it's exactly the same.
Very likely also has happened in your town.

Suicidal drama killing wife and children is also one favorite.
Off course, very very different then Muslim honor killings.

Nope it's not Kumbaya elsewhere. But it's far more dangerous in Muslim families (or cultures - take your pick)

"Failing to accurately describe the problem makes it more difficult to develop public policies to address it"

It seems to me that you are not differentiating between religious practices and geographic culture.

Sharia Law,
Read the Iraqi constitution. Republicans worked with Iraqis to put Sharia Law into place in Iraq where tens of thousands of Americans died or were maimed. If it's good for Iraq, it should be good everywhere. Right? Look how much it cost this country to establish that in Iraq.
So you want to forcibly ban Sharia despite the fact that vast majority of people there are Muslims, and most of the people there support Sharia, how very democratic of you. :eusa_whistle:

But you support Saddam's Iraq and Taliban run Afghanistan, two regimes that didn't run on Sharia Law, instead a mish mash terror state that didn't even follow Islamic law as it was written. :eusa_eh:

Last edited:

It seems to me that you are not differentiating between religious practices and geographic culture.

Well you have ignored my posts where I address your countries and culture claim after I showed the predominance is Islamic so now you are going with geographic culture?
Does that somehow change something?

SOUTH ASIA BANGLADESH

Muslim 89.5%, Hindu 9.6%, other 0.9% (2004)
I proved the violence is sanctified in Islamic legal practices and stems from the earliest days of Islam.

Not accepting facts as facts is not the sign of a reasonably intelligent person.

Wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:
Sharia Law,
Read the Iraqi constitution. Republicans worked with Iraqis to put Sharia Law into place in Iraq where tens of thousands of Americans died or were maimed. If it's good for Iraq, it should be good everywhere. Right? Look how much it cost this country to establish that in Iraq.
So you want to forcibly ban Sharia despite the fact that vast majority of people there are Muslims, and most of the people there support Sharia, how very democratic of you. :eusa_whistle:

But you support Saddam's Iraq and Taliban run Afghanistan, two regimes that didn't run on Sharia Law, instead a mish mash terror state that didn't even follow Islamic law as it was written. :eusa_eh:
Taliban was a valid Shar'ee government. The methods adopted by the Taliban
were in accordance to the Shari'ah. In the Shari'ah. The Imaam (Islamic
ruler) has the right and duty to enforce the external laws of the Shari'ah.
This had been the practice of the four rightly guided Khulafaa Raashideen.
Ask-Imam.com [5115] Plz tell me about Osama bin ladin and Taliban

Well you have ignored my posts where I address your countries and culture claim after I showed the predominance is Islamic so now you are going with geographic culture?

SOUTH ASIA BANGLADESH

I proved the violence is sanctified in Islamic legal practices and stems from the earliest days of Islam.

Not accepting facts as facts is not the sign of a reasonably intelligent person.

Wouldn't you agree?

Intelligent people don't rely on population figures, they consider the actual research undertaken into 'honor killings'. It is equally as prevalent within the Hindu religion as it is within Islam. The research shows that it is based on geographic culture than on religious practice.

If it was based on religious beliefs, then there would be no 'honor killings' outside of one particular religion... such as Islam.... that is, however, untrue. It is untrue in the US and untrue in Europe.... therefore, it cannot be religion, it is the culture of certain countries.

SOUTH ASIA BANGLADESH

Wouldn't you agree?

Intelligent people don't rely on population figures, they consider the actual research undertaken into 'honor killings'. It is equally as prevalent within the Hindu religion as it is within Islam. The research shows that it is based on geographic culture than on religious practice.

If it was based on religious beliefs, then there would be no 'honor killings' outside of one particular religion... such as Islam.... that is, however, untrue. It is untrue in the US and untrue in Europe.... therefore, it cannot be religion, it is the culture of certain countries.

So if one religion has a practice say fasting no other religion can?
That is an absurd line of reasoning.

SOUTH ASIA BANGLADESH

Wouldn't you agree?

So if one religion has a practice say fasting no other religion can?
That is an absurd line of reasoning.

That's not what I said. I said the research (and I tend to like academically sound reasons for my opinions) shows that 'honor killings' are based on CoO rather than faith. You may not like the outcome, but that does not change the outcome. I suggest you research it for yourself... because right now, you're looking stupid.

And you surely have statistical data like rape in marriage, female child rape to backup your claims?
How many murders happen in 'Western culture' that fit same characteristics as 'honor killings' but are termed as 'murder by stalker', 'murderous relationship drama', 'husband murders divorce-seeking wife' and such?

It's just termed differently, but it's exactly the same.
Very likely also has happened in your town.
They are actually called crimes of passion, and yes often the perps receive a lesser sentence for some reason.

Caligirl,
Im not sure what causes your closed minded " it cannot be religion" assertions I going to chalk it up to your Islamophilia .
Sure it happens everywhere ,
Im not blind the the predominance of the influence of Islam in the CoO either.
Im aware of hindu honor killing, Sri lanken suicide bombers, but Im not blind to the same in Islam and that it is sanctified .
Im not sure it is in other faith or any culture other than Islam.

I am also aware of exceptions in Islamic states like Nigeria which has virtually no honor killing due to the fact the courts have ruled that a child can remain asleep in the womb for 5 years according to the Maliliki school of fiqh.

Produce the research.

What am I, your teacher? No. You want to remain ignorant, feel free. If not, I suggest you go to solid sources (ie not the media) and read actual research papers. There are research organizations around the world who have linked up to produce study after study on the subject. Or, you could be an idiot and just read 'wiki' as the ultimate authority.

However, if you make the effort to inform yourself, you will find that even Christian churches in the ME and Asia have 'honor killings'. If it's about Islam, why are there 'honor killings' within Christian Churches?

Produce the research.

What am I, your teacher? No. You want to remain ignorant, feel free. If not, I suggest you go to solid sources (ie not the media) and read actual research papers. There are research organizations around the world who have linked up to produce study after study on the subject. Or, you could be an idiot and just read 'wiki' as the ultimate authority.

However, if you make the effort to inform yourself, you will find that even Christian churches in the ME and Asia have 'honor killings'. If it's about Islam, why are there 'honor killings' within Christian Churches?
I have even the UN reports point to predominantly Islamic countries as the main source of the scourge.
Can you produce the scripture from the new testament that sanctifies honor killing in Christian churches?
No?
Then in that case it would be appropriate to say faith had nothing to do with it.

See how it works?
I have produced some of the fundamental components required to render an opinion in Islamic fiqh.
You have produced nothing.

Produce the research.

I have even the UN reports point to predominantly Islamic countries as the main source of the scourge.
Can you produce the scripture from the new testament that sanctifies honor killing in Christian churches?
No?
Then in that case it would be appropriate to say faith had nothing to do with it.

See how it works?
I have produced some of the fundamental components required to render an opinion in Islamic fiqh.
You have produced nothing.

I've never said it wasn't mainly Islamic countries. I said it is not necessarily about Islam. And.... the fact that Christians, Hindus, and a variety of other religions also participate means that it is not solely about Islam.

You have produced your opinion. So have I. Mine is based on having read a variety of research papers on honor killings. I wrote a few articles on it a while ago. It's an horrific practice.... and without doubt it happens within Islam. But not just Islam. So, it's rather ridiculous to claim that Islam is solely responsible.

Why Are Hindu Honor Killings Rising in India?

For three weeks now, a morbid murder story has been playing out in the Indian media. Nirupama Pathak, 22, a New Delhi–based journalist, was allegedly murdered by her own mother. Her crime? She had wanted to marry a fellow journalist who belongs to a lower caste — and she was pregnant. On a trip home to make a final effort to convince her family, Nirupama texted her boyfriend that she was being held captive, locked up in a bathroom. On April 29, she was found dead. The family claimed Nirupama had killed herself, and lodged a case against her boyfriend for rape and abetting suicide. But when the postmortem results revealed Nirupama had been asphyxiated, the police arrested her mother, Sudha Pathak.

India's Nirupama Pathak Case Raises Honor-Killing Debate - TIME

Why Are Hindu Honor Killings Rising in India?

For three weeks now, a morbid murder story has been playing out in the Indian media. Nirupama Pathak, 22, a New Delhi–based journalist, was allegedly murdered by her own mother. Her crime? She had wanted to marry a fellow journalist who belongs to a lower caste — and she was pregnant. On a trip home to make a final effort to convince her family, Nirupama texted her boyfriend that she was being held captive, locked up in a bathroom. On April 29, she was found dead. The family claimed Nirupama had killed herself, and lodged a case against her boyfriend for rape and abetting suicide. But when the postmortem results revealed Nirupama had been asphyxiated, the police arrested her mother, Sudha Pathak.

India's Nirupama Pathak Case Raises Honor-Killing Debate - TIME

I wouldn't be too enthusiastic to point the finger at others, Sunni. Your faith isn't exactly coming out of this looking good.

Forum List

Back