Martin Luther King: The Angry Asian??...

Martin Luther King was not a bitter scowling Revolutionary. He was actually the exact opposite. This is a real tragedy.

martin-luther-king.jpg

Thanks for reminding everyone how Dr King was repeatedly jailed for fighting for the Civil Rights of fellow Americans. The same thing happened to Gandhi, it only made him stronger

Thanks for reminding everyone how Dr King was repeatedly jailed for fighting for the Civil Rights of fellow Americans. The same thing happened to Gandhi, it only made him stronger

It is interesting that you see it that way, and, of course, you are not incorrect....

...but the larger lesson that is being missed is the nature of the establishment against which both MLk and Gandhi were able to strive.

Both England and the United States were based in justice.

Now, had the nation been Germany, or the Soviets, we would probably never have heard of such opposition....

Do you know about the sister of Erich Maria Remarque, author of 'All Quiet on the Western Front'?
"December 16th, 2008Headsman

On this date in 1943, pacifist novelist Erich Maria Remarque lost his youngest sister to the Nazi regime — beheaded because her “brother is beyond our reach.”
ExecutedToday.com » 1943: Elfriede Scholz, Erich Maria Remarque’s sister

A tip of the hat to this nation wouldn't hurt.

Thankfully Dr. Kings children and grandchildren were able to make some money on this project. I like capitalism.

The statue looks like what a Chinese person thinks Mike Tyson looks like. As in Black Mike Tyson with Asian eyes. Awesomeness.

Thankfully Dr. Kings children and grandchildren were able to make some money on this project. I like capitalism.

The statue looks like what a Chinese person thinks Mike Tyson looks like. As in Black Mike Tyson with Asian eyes. Awesomeness.

Looks more like Eddie Murphy to me

Growing up in the 60s in Southern California I always had friends that were all races. My father was a boy scout leader and our troop had about every ethnic group represented and we all shared everything. I didn't know what racism was about until I joined the Air Force and was stationed in South Carolina in '65-'67. What a wake-up call even for a white guy from California. My black friends and I could do nothing together off base. Martin Luther King was much respected by me and I don't think the sculpture does him justice. For AMERICAN MONUMENTS only AMERICAN and in this case BLACK AMERICAN artist should have been considered.

Growing up in the 60s in Southern California I always had friends that were all races. My father was a boy scout leader and our troop had about every ethnic group represented and we all shared everything. I didn't know what racism was about until I joined the Air Force and was stationed in South Carolina in '65-'67. What a wake-up call even for a white guy from California. My black friends and I could do nothing together off base. Martin Luther King was much respected by me and I don't think the sculpture does him justice. For AMERICAN MONUMENTS only AMERICAN and in this case BLACK AMERICAN artist should have been considered.

A Black American Artist would be nice but I would be ok with any American doing it, this Chinese guy did this project from his eyes and for him he probably thinks everyone looks Asian.:(

Great take. Thanks.

You must have missed the Watts And L.A Roits

You must have missed the Watts And L.A Roits

I was 18 in '65 when the Watts Riots took place and at the time it didn't seem like a race riot as much as poor people rioting. I don't recall whites being beaten or targeted. I seem to remember a white face or two in the crowds looting stores. I had to make a delivery to a business just a couple of blocks from the rioting at the time and at no time did I feel threatened by anyone I came in contact with. It just seemed like a poverty rebellion. Maybe I'm wrong, It's a 50yr old memory. I lived about 20 miles south of the rioting and it didn't seem to involve anyone I knew, black or white.

Forum List

Back