Marxist Pelosi Fixing Law to Eliminate God from Oath in House. Vote!

Should Pelosi eliminate "so help me God" from oaths in committees?

• No

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
Who cares what oath an office holder takes as long as he or she believes it. Some people swear by a god as defined in the Christian bible, some by another Creator, whether a god, a goddess, or the plural thereof. Some people do not believe in the existence of god/goddess, etc.

It is the majority religion that is for sure. But I do not think anyone could argue our government has ever acted in a Christian like manner.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Best post evah!
Government isn't supposed to act in any religious manner. The problem I see is the left will attack Christianity, but then ignore muslims that try to influence our government.
You never read President Washington's state writings, letters, and presidential commentaries, did you. Well, I did. He mentioned the Lord Almighty in almost every single thing he ever put to the pen. You have ZERO idea.

He did indeed, he was also a Freemason though and they are antithetical to the Christian God. In fact after his election they performed the Freemason ritual of Apotheosis which means in their eyes he became a god.

How is Freemasonry antithetical to the Christian God? Please share your stupidity with us all!

You don't even know what Apotheosis is, dumbass!

A "Christian nation" would have universal healthcare and no death penalty...

And not murdering innocent babies....right?

Who does that? Oh wait, are you talking about abortion? You know, they terminated unwanted pregnancies in Jesus's time too. Weird that its never mentioned in the bible.

We do that. We kill innocent babies.

Jesus came and fulfilled the old testament. Its mentioned in the bible.

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward" Psalm 127:3.

The fruit of the womb after it has ripened and been born. The Bible is mostly mum on abortion...unless it’s describing how to perform one. (Numbers 5 11 22)

Hilarious! Abortion? Apparently you were one that lived!

Best post evah!
Government isn't supposed to act in any religious manner. The problem I see is the left will attack Christianity, but then ignore muslims that try to influence our government.
You never read President Washington's state writings, letters, and presidential commentaries, did you. Well, I did. He mentioned the Lord Almighty in almost every single thing he ever put to the pen. You have ZERO idea.

He did indeed, he was also a Freemason though and they are antithetical to the Christian God. In fact after his election they performed the Freemason ritual of Apotheosis which means in their eyes he became a god.
He was not only a mason, he was a grand master and used masonic ceremony in laying the cornerstone of the Capitol building. There's a reason the Washington Monument is a masonic symbol obelisk. And let's not even get into how Washington has been portrayed as god-like in much of the governmental art in D.C. since then.
Masons are a Christian organization. They advance the cause of Childrens' hospitals.

Actually, it is NOT a Christian organization because Jews can also be members.

He was not only a mason, he was a grand master and used masonic ceremony in laying the cornerstone of the Capitol building. There's a reason the Washington Monument is a masonic symbol obelisk. And let's not even get into how Washington has been portrayed as god-like in much of the governmental art in D.C. since then.
Masons are a Christian organization. They advance the cause of Childrens' hospitals.

No, no, they are not a Christian Org.
I inherited my Grandfather's Masonic Bible. His father was a Circuit-riding Minister, his Mother a Missionary. My grandfather earned a silver star in WWI, delivered sermons when the pastor in our small church was ill or at Presbytery, and he had the most beautiful 5-octave range a man singer ever had, all devoted to God. He gave all his spare money to Veterans of WWI at Grandma's encouragement and loved every single one of his grandkids to pieces. They were a Christian organization when he and his fellow Masons and Shriners put on the best circus fundraiser the young town of Houston ever saw, and I got to meet Emmett Kelly when I was 4 years old, guest of Grandpa along with cousins and siblings. So you can call them whatever you want, I don't care, but his chapter were each and all Christian men, no exceptions. They did not share the meat of their core beliefs with outsiders, however. There was standing room only at the largest church in Houston when he passed. There's still a hole in my heart 55 years later that is a place where his love and kindness were, and a thousand other people whose lives he touched came to comfort his family that sad day.

There is a reason that it is a "secret" society. Here, let them tell you in their own words.

"
that
Freemasonry is Luciferian:
Occultist and author Manly Palmer Hall

When the Mason learns that the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the mystery of his Craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy (emphasis added).
i

I hereby promise the Great Spirit Lucifuge, Prince of Demons, that each year I will bring unto him a human soul to do with as as it may please him, and in return Lucifuge promises to bestow upon me the treasures of the earth and fulfill my every desire for the length of my natural life. If I fail to bring him each year the offering specified above, then my own soul shall be forfeit to him. Signed...{Invocant signs pact with his own blood}.
ii

Eliphas Levi
What is more absurd and more impious than to attribute the name of Lucifer to the devil, that is, to personified evil. The intellectual Lucifer is the spirit of intelligence and love; it is the paraclete [an advocate]; it is the Holy Spirit, where the physical Lucifer is the great angel of universal magnetism.iii

Albert Pike, 33-degree Freemason and author of Morals and Dogma
Lucifer, the Light-Bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the light, and with its splendors intolerable blinds feeble, sensual or selfish Souls? Doubt it not!iv

The devil is the personification of Atheism or Idolatry. For the Initiates, this is not a Person, but a Force, created for good, but which may serve for evil. It is the instrument of Liberty or Free Will. They represent this Force, which presides over the physical generation, under the mythological and horned form of the God Pan; thence came the he-goat of the Sabbat, brother of the Ancient Serpent, and the Light-bearer or Phosphor, of which the poets have made the false Lucifer of the legend.
v

The true name of Satan, the Kabalists say, is Yahweh (GOD) reversed; for Satan is not a black god, but a negation of God...the
Kabala imagined Him to be a "most occult light."vi

That which
we must say to a crowd is—We worship a God, but it is the God that one adores without superstition. To you, Sovereign Grand Inspectors General, we say this, that you may repeat it to the Brethren of the 32nd, 31st, and 30th degrees—The Masonic Religion should be, by all of us initates of the high degrees, maintained in the purity of the Luciferian Doctrine. If Lucifer were not God, would Adonay whose deeds prove his cruelty, perdify and hatred of man, barbarism and repulsion for science, would Adonay and his priests, calumniate him? Yes, Lucifer is God, and unfortunately Adonay is also god. For the eternal law is that there is no light without shade, no beauty without ugliness, no white without black, for the absolute can only exist as two gods: darkness being necessary to the statue, and the brake to the locomotive. Thus, the doctrine of Satanism is a heresy; and the true and pure philosophical religion is the belief in Lucifer, the equal of Adonay; but Lucifer, God of Light and God of Good, is struggling for humanity against Adonay, the God of Darkness and Evil.vii"

Lucifer is the god of Freemasonry

That is a total and complete fabrication.

I inherited my Grandfather's Masonic Bible. His father was a Circuit-riding Minister, his Mother a Missionary. My grandfather earned a silver star in WWI, delivered sermons when the pastor in our small church was ill or at Presbytery, and he had the most beautiful 5-octave range a man singer ever had, all devoted to God. He gave all his spare money to Veterans of WWI at Grandma's encouragement and loved every single one of his grandkids to pieces. They were a Christian organization when he and his fellow Masons and Shriners put on the best circus fundraiser the young town of Houston ever saw, and I got to meet Emmett Kelly when I was 4 years old, guest of Grandpa along with cousins and siblings. So you can call them whatever you want, I don't care, but his chapter were each and all Christian men, no exceptions. They did not share the meat of their core beliefs with outsiders, however. There was standing room only at the largest Presbyterian church in Houston when he passed. There's still a hole in my heart 55 years later that is a place where his love and kindness were, and a thousand other people whose lives he touched came to comfort his family that sad day.
One is required to believe in a higher being to be a Mason....but Freemasonry isn't a christian organization. In fact, Catholics are forbidden from joining the Masons and many Evangelical Churches believe that Masons are Satanic worshippers.

Those who believe that Masons worship Lucifer/Satan are nothing more than morons!

I inherited my Grandfather's Masonic Bible. His father was a Circuit-riding Minister, his Mother a Missionary. My grandfather earned a silver star in WWI, delivered sermons when the pastor in our small church was ill or at Presbytery, and he had the most beautiful 5-octave range a man singer ever had, all devoted to God. He gave all his spare money to Veterans of WWI at Grandma's encouragement and loved every single one of his grandkids to pieces. They were a Christian organization when he and his fellow Masons and Shriners put on the best circus fundraiser the young town of Houston ever saw, and I got to meet Emmett Kelly when I was 4 years old, guest of Grandpa along with cousins and siblings. So you can call them whatever you want, I don't care, but his chapter were each and all Christian men, no exceptions. They did not share the meat of their core beliefs with outsiders, however. There was standing room only at the largest Presbyterian church in Houston when he passed. There's still a hole in my heart 55 years later that is a place where his love and kindness were, and a thousand other people whose lives he touched came to comfort his family that sad day.
One is required to believe in a higher being to be a Mason....but Freemasonry isn't a christian organization. In fact, Catholics are forbidden from joining the Masons and many Evangelical Churches believe that Masons are Satanic worshippers.

They worship Lucifer at their highest levels. (As I posted above, their own words)
And Washington was a Master Mason....so he was worshiping Lucifer?

He was indeed. He underwent the "Apotheosis" ritual after being sworn in, meaning he became a "god". If you into the rotunda and look up he is standing there in the midst of 72 "stars". Mason History says these "stars" are Kosmokrators.

"
1. Ruler archon "a ruler, chief, prince," is translated "rulers," e.g., in
1 Cor 2:6,8, RV (AV, "princes"); "ruler," Rev 1:5 (AV, "prince"). See MAGISTRATE, archon under PRINCE.

See also :
archon Luke 12:11, RV (AV, "magistrates"). See BEGINNING.
See also :
arche Eph 6:12, "the world rulers (of this darkness)," RV, AV, "the rulers (of the darkness) of this world." The context ("not against flesh and blood") shows that not earthly potentates are indicated, but spirit powers, who, under the permissive will of God, and in consequence of human sin, exercise satanic and therefore antagonistic authority over the world in its present condition of spiritual darkness and alienation from God. The suggested rendering "the rulers of this dark world" is ambiguous and not phraseologically requisite. Cp. John 12:31; John 14:30; John 16:11; 2 Cor 4:4. "

Define kosmokrator | Definition for word kosmokrator Vine's Greek New Testment Dictionary kosmokrator

"
Strong's #2888: kosmokrator (pronounced kos-mok-fat'-ore)

from 2889 and 2902; a world-ruler, an epithet of Satan:--ruler.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon:

́
kosmokratōr
1) lord of the world, prince of this age
1a) the devil and his demons"

Strongs's #2888: kosmokrator - Greek/Hebrew Definitions - Bible Tools

Yeah, that great painting was put in the capitol after the Civil War, dumbass!

The founders gave us a "Godless" Constitution. The religious nuts should provide proof of their so-called God - or STFU.

Nobody is required to prove anything to you.

An ironic excursion for an entity trying to sell "god".

LOL, I'm not trying to sell anything. Why would you think God needs anyone to sell him?

I wouldn't. You however apparently would.

STILL waiting for the original question as to wtf "god" has to do with a government that is not a theocracy.

OK to be honest I'm not waiting for that answer as I know it does not exist. What I'm waiting for is an admission that it doesn't exist.

No, you're twisting, dancing and deflecting waiting in vain for an answer you want. It wont work me son. God has everything to do with anything and everything that goes on in His people's lives.

Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

A true Christian does his work, lives his life to the glory of God. A Christians faith defines him/her and how they do things. I know that this is beyond your understanding and outside of your comfort zone but it is true none the less. You really should get over yourself son, you're not half a good as you think you are.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand STILL no answer.

Again, exactly as expected and right on time.

You forgot one. It's in the twentieth chapter of Exodus and says something like "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord Thy God in vain." Pelosi wants to get rid of God off the face of the earth starting with Congress. And she's a vain woman who has no compunctions about giving her extended family and donors free rides at the expense of the United States Air Force who are solely funded by Joe Taxpayer. I betcha Queen Marie Antoinette wasn't worth $200 million, but she sure wore fancy clothes when she was being marched out to the Guillotine. The French know how to get entitled spendthrifts out of power. :iyfyus.jpg:

And adding “so help me God”, is taking the Lords name in vain as you are told not to do such things.

Little known fact...saying “so help me God” has never stopped anyone from lying.

I understand your point and agree with you. However, what Pelosi is doing is censorship of the word "God". The Democrats took out the mention of God in their convention in 2012. That's the point, the mention of the word "God".
Then they should not serve in a Christian nation that serves God. That's what the founders were getting at. They were fed up with pandering, low-life Monarchs who abused their women and called them bad words.

We are not and have never been a Christian nation and have never served God. We have individuals that are Christian but our country and government has never done the work of god.

The US absolutely IS a Christian nation. To deny that is being disingenuous.

"Almighty GOD; we make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy holy protection, that thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government; and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States of America at large. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of The Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseech thee, through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen"

^Who prayed that, then? Damn sure wasn't Tashib Mohammed.

That of course is found exactly nowhere in the Constitution, affirming the point.

But I do like the link to "this page does not exist" in a god reference. Sometimes you're more clever than you look.

And it wouldn't be walking around with a sicko gun fetish.

Isn't it instructive that we put the question "wtf does religion have to do with the Constitution" and they want to morph it into whether we're a "Christian nation" because the original question was unanswerable.

And it wouldn't be walking around with a sicko gun fetish.

Isn't it instructive that we put the question "wtf does religion have to do with the Constitution" and they want to morph it into whether we're a "Christian nation" because the original question was unanswerable.
So the revolutionary war won our freedom because we have a "sicko gun fetish"?

I voted "undecided" as it is much ado about nothing.

Oh? Nancy Pelosi screwing with the First Amendment is nothing? hmmmm

what the fuck does this have to do with the First Amendment?

Nobody is stopping you from believing whatever you wish to believe. This removes meaningless words from the end of an oath.

A phrase that ironically enough goes against the teachings of the bible itself.

James 5:12...But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation.

Matt 5:34-35...But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King
You forgot one. It's in the twentieth chapter of Exodus and says something like "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord Thy God in vain." Pelosi wants to get rid of God off the face of the earth starting with Congress. And she's a vain woman who has no compunctions about giving her extended family and donors free rides at the expense of the United States Air Force who are solely funded by Joe Taxpayer. I betcha Queen Marie Antoinette wasn't worth $200 million, but she sure wore fancy clothes when she was being marched out to the Guillotine. The French know how to get entitled spendthrifts out of power. :iyfyus.jpg:

:lol: you can't "get rid of god off the face of the earth" by simply not having it in an oath to an office in a governent which, for the 1756th time, is not a theocracy. All that does is eliiminate a meaningless phrase from an oath which is supposedly taken seriously. It simply has no function. What does it expect to happen --- that the oather needs help from God to execute the responsibilities they signed up for? That they can't do it themselves? Kind of a contradiction for a religious culture that claims it believes in free will, is it not? Or is it a crutch to lean on when the subject fails to execute that office, then they can blame "God" for not helping? Makes no sense at all. They might as well ask "so help me the Goodyear Blimp" or "so help me a twelve-millimeter wrench socket", except that those things can be shown to exist.

And again, the Constitutional oath to the highest office in the land asks for no such "help" either.

At some point people have to start taking their own responsibilities on their own backs and quit blaming some mythological wispy semi-gaseously anthropomorphized concept. At some point --- we gotta grow up.

Nobody is stopping you from believing whatever you wish to believe. This removes meaningless words from the end of an oath.

James 5:12...But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation.

Matt 5:34-35...But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King

:lol: you can't "get rid of god off the face of the earth" by simply not having it in an oath to an office in a governent which, for the 1756th time, is not a theocracy. All that does is eliiminate a meaningless phrase from an oath which is supposedly taken seriously. It simply has no function. What does it expect to happen --- that the oather needs help from God to execute the responsibilities they signed up for? That they can't do it themselves? Kind of a contradiction for a religious culture that claims it believes in free will, is it not? Or is it a crutch to lean on when the subject fails to execute that office, then they can blame "God" for not helping? Makes no sense at all. They might as well ask "so help me the Goodyear Blimp" or "so help me a twelve-millimeter wrench socket", except that those things can be shown to exist.

And again, the Constitutional oath to the highest office in the land asks for no such "help" either.

At some point people have to start taking their own responsibilities on their own backs and quit blaming some mythological wispy semi-gaseously anthropomorphized concept. At some point --- we gotta grow up.

Most Congress sessions are started with a prayer, so yes to the bolded.

At some point, you have to realize your Communist shilling is not swaying anyone, and all you get is confirmation bias.

And adding “so help me God”, is taking the Lords name in vain as you are told not to do such things.

Little known fact...saying “so help me God” has never stopped anyone from lying.

You said, quote: And adding “so help me God”, is taking the Lords name in vain as you are told not to do such things.
If you are telling the truth, saying "so help me God" meant just that. It still does to this day. If you lie when you say, "so help me God," you put yourself in trouble with your shot at eternal life, because it is near the First Commandment. That is universally known with the exception of dimwits who, if they commit an egregious crime, were placed in an environment where they could not harm themselves or someone else.

It's not our fault if some people are not serious about telling the truth. It's serious to the courts system, and no amount of lawyering should be able to change that or we need to seriously disbar some lawyers who are too stupid to live. Oh, wait. did I saw lawyers? I meant Congresscritters. And not disbarring. A "YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!!" will do. :boohoo:

Lying is a sin, whether you say “so help me God” or not.

Keeping the 10 commandments have nothing to do with eternal life. You do not earn your eternal life with your good behavior, it is a gift from God for those that believe.

Jesus himself clearly told us not to swear on the Lord, why do you choose to ignore the words of Jesus?

Have you ever read your Bible?

It is serious to the courts system whether you say “so help me God” or not.

There's something that saying "so help me God" that makes wrongdoers shudder and truth-tellers confident. Screw with the courts by lying, and see where that gets ya. :rolleyes:

The simple fact is, in every, literally every court at every level that requires its participants to swear "so help me God", every, literally every commission of perjury happened in spite of that plea, so "God" had zero impact. The actual intent of that oath is that the witness must tell the truth ---- not that some "God" must. It's akin to saying "I will tell the truth, and if I don't, it's my parents' fault". Makes no sense.

This speech was delivered by Barack Obama in 2006, attacking Christianity using Old Testament (Old Covenant) particulars, and a specious reference to Christ's Sermon on the Mount:

Didn't watch. Irrelevant.

Because it destroys your contention that the commie leftists don't hold Christianity in such contempt?

"Contempt" is also irrelevant. "Contempt" is a value judgment, referring in this case to an entity that is simply NOT PRESENT.

Once AGAIN for the dimbulbs, we are not a theocracy. Never have been. Ergo there is no call for a "god" or "goddess" in the government. PERIOD.

This government is comprised of "We the People". It is NOT comprised of "We the People plus these imaginary friends". That simply is not going to happen.

Nobody ever claimed that the US was a Theocracy, Progressives thrive on illogical extremes.

And yet there are those who wish to FORCE people in government to swear oaths by their god......that is the behavior of a theocrat.

If you want to swear to God.....swear to God
If you want to swear on the Constitution.......just as good

Most Congress sessions are started with a prayer, so yes to the bolded.

At some point, you have to realize your Communist shilling is not swaying anyone, and all you get is confirmation bias.

are conservative atheists also communists?

Keep your fairy tales out of my government.

Atheism isn't protected by the First Amendment, Dude or dudette. .

Of course it is. Don't be absurd. We are not, and never (officially) have been, a theocracy.

Our founders intended that the persecutions that were endured in Monarchy by themselves for believing in God would never happen here.

What, you mean like witch burnings? Hanging and/or drawing-and-quatering heretics? Expulsion/persecution of Jews? That sort of thing?

Yeah that's what happens when the joint is run by an absolute power monarchy that's in bed with a church. And that's why we were founded on the idea of rejecting that bogus structure and taking that power on ourselves. And that in turn is why Essential Right Number One immediately lays down that law declaring "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion". It's quite literally the first thing out of the Constitution's mouth as far as declaring how things will roll.

So again, at the risk of repetition, the question is not and never has been, "should this or that oath have the word 'God' in it". The question is and always has been, "wtf was it doing there in the first place?". Whelp, it would appear our practices lag behind our ideals and we're just getting 'round to honoring those ideals two centuries later. Much like that same founding declared "all men are created equal" yet took until 1865 to observe it.

Forum List

Back