Marxist Pelosi Fixing Law to Eliminate God from Oath in House. Vote!

Should Pelosi eliminate "so help me God" from oaths in committees?

• No

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
I voted "undecided" as it is much ado about nothing.

Oh? Nancy Pelosi screwing with the First Amendment is nothing? hmmmm

what the fuck does this have to do with the First Amendment?

Nobody is stopping you from believing whatever you wish to believe. This removes meaningless words from the end of an oath.

A phrase that ironically enough goes against the teachings of the bible itself.

James 5:12...But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation.

Matt 5:34-35...But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King

The founders gave us a "Godless" Constitution. The religious nuts should provide proof of their so-called God - or STFU.

Nobody is required to prove anything to you.

An ironic excursion for an entity trying to sell "god".

Delusional religious nuts are a hoot. We are governed by a "Godless" Constitution - not Biblical bullshit created by superstitious old sheep/goat herders.
But the godless constitution was massive low tax until 1913. Then we went to world war quickly. For some reason.
The Constitution didn't become godless until Obama was sworn in after the crookedest voting parlor offenses in American History. I guess the Athiests in the DNC think we will do nothing about it if they start whittling away at God's name being on everything that was dear to George Washington disappears, too.

Thank you for saying I'm a Hoot. It's an owl compliment.

Nobody is stopping you from believing whatever you wish to believe. This removes meaningless words from the end of an oath.

James 5:12...But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation.

Matt 5:34-35...But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King
You forgot one. It's in the twentieth chapter of Exodus and says something like "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord Thy God in vain." Pelosi wants to get rid of God off the face of the earth starting with Congress. And she's a vain woman who has no compunctions about giving her extended family and donors free rides at the expense of the United States Air Force who are solely funded by Joe Taxpayer. I betcha Queen Marie Antoinette wasn't worth $200 million, but she sure wore fancy clothes when she was being marched out to the Guillotine. The French know how to get entitled spendthrifts out of power. :iyfyus.jpg:

Heyyy, I remember a poll just like this a few years back. I think at least 3 of the same people are in this thread, answering the same as back then right now! :eek:

The founders gave us a "Godless" Constitution. The religious nuts should provide proof of their so-called God - or STFU.

Nobody is required to prove anything to you.

An ironic excursion for an entity trying to sell "god".

Delusional religious nuts are a hoot. We are governed by a "Godless" Constitution - not Biblical bullshit created by superstitious old sheep/goat herders.

Yet 99% of the Founding Fathers were Christian and many went to Chapel in the Capitol building.

Church in the U.S. Capitol - WallBuilders

Pelosi to strike "so help me God" from oath taken in front of key House Committee

Liz Cheney said that the Democrat Party has become the Party of Karl Marx.

What do you think of this latest assault on American values by Nancy Pelosi?

The next step is throwing Christians to the Lions. Enough!

OK, I'm a radical believer in God. What's your take on this latest assault on tradition.. I mean, ...eh...power play??

Please vote. And keep the lockstep ninnyhammering to a minimum, please.

Sneaking religion into government isn't "American values". It's actually anti-American values.

Lol
Where in the Constitution doesn’t say separation of church and state? You stupid ass motherfucker

You do realize that was just so The US didn't go the way England did with the Anglican church, correct?

It means no direct state sponsorship of any 1 church (really denomination).

You forgot one. It's in the twentieth chapter of Exodus and says something like "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord Thy God in vain." Pelosi wants to get rid of God off the face of the earth starting with Congress. And she's a vain woman who has no compunctions about giving her extended family and donors free rides at the expense of the United States Air Force who are solely funded by Joe Taxpayer. I betcha Queen Marie Antoinette wasn't worth $200 million, but she sure wore fancy clothes when she was being marched out to the Guillotine. The French know how to get entitled spendthrifts out of power. :iyfyus.jpg:

And adding “so help me God”, is taking the Lords name in vain as you are told not to do such things.

Little known fact...saying “so help me God” has never stopped anyone from lying.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

And adding “so help me God”, is taking the Lords name in vain as you are told not to do such things.

Little known fact...saying “so help me God” has never stopped anyone from lying.

You said, quote: And adding “so help me God”, is taking the Lords name in vain as you are told not to do such things.
If you are telling the truth, saying "so help me God" meant just that. It still does to this day. If you lie when you say, "so help me God," you put yourself in trouble with your shot at eternal life, because it is near the First Commandment. That is universally known with the exception of dimwits who, if they commit an egregious crime, were placed in an environment where they could not harm themselves or someone else.

It's not our fault if some people are not serious about telling the truth. It's serious to the courts system, and no amount of lawyering should be able to change that or we need to seriously disbar some lawyers who are too stupid to live. Oh, wait. did I saw lawyers? I meant Congresscritters. And not disbarring. A "YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!!" will do. :boohoo:

Of course it should be gone from any Oath of Public Office. If I wanted the State to recognize any one Citizen's Religious beliefs over another, I'd move to Iran.

I understand your point and agree with you. However, what Pelosi is doing is censorship of the word "God". The Democrats took out the mention of God in their convention in 2012. That's the point, the mention of the word "God".

Pelosi to strike "so help me God" from oath taken in front of key House Committee

Liz Cheney said that the Democrat Party has become the Party of Karl Marx.

What do you think of this latest assault on American values by Nancy Pelosi?

The next step is throwing Christians to the Lions. Enough!

OK, I'm a radical believer in God. What's your take on this latest assault on tradition.. I mean, ...eh...power play??

Please vote. And keep the lockstep ninnyhammering to a minimum, please.

Who is Pelosi pandering to?
Who wanted "so help me God" removed?

You said, quote: And adding “so help me God”, is taking the Lords name in vain as you are told not to do such things.
If you are telling the truth, saying "so help me God" meant just that. It still does to this day. If you lie when you say, "so help me God," you put yourself in trouble with your shot at eternal life, because it is near the First Commandment. That is universally known with the exception of dimwits who, if they commit an egregious crime, were placed in an environment where they could not harm themselves or someone else.

It's not our fault if some people are not serious about telling the truth. It's serious to the courts system, and no amount of lawyering should be able to change that or we need to seriously disbar some lawyers who are too stupid to live. Oh, wait. did I saw lawyers? I meant Congresscritters. And not disbarring. A "YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!!" will do. :boohoo:

Lying is a sin, whether you say “so help me God” or not.

Keeping the 10 commandments have nothing to do with eternal life. You do not earn your eternal life with your good behavior, it is a gift from God for those that believe.

Jesus himself clearly told us not to swear on the Lord, why do you choose to ignore the words of Jesus?

Have you ever read your Bible?

It is serious to the courts system whether you say “so help me God” or not.

Keep your fairy tales out of my government.

Atheism isn't protected by the First Amendment, Dude or dudette. .

Of course it is. Don't be absurd. We are not, and never (officially) have been, a theocracy.

Our founders intended that the persecutions that were endured in Monarchy by themselves for believing in God would never happen here. The founders were the product of lives of sacrifice and hard work, and they were being taxed without any representations by those who were to busy with their group sex affairs to listen to any fussing from workers in the colonies. Our only recourse was self-government and writing a bunch of laws that would protect Christians from the ladies' men and gurly men who taxed workers so they could play games all day every day of their lunatic lives, thankyouverymuch. *sigh*

I understand your point and agree with you. However, what Pelosi is doing is censorship of the word "God". The Democrats took out the mention of God in their convention in 2012. That's the point, the mention of the word "God".

Even if the rules are changed, it does not stop one from saying the words if they wish to.

The words are not officially part of the Presidential oath of office yet I think most every president has said them anyhow.

Keeping the 10 commandments have nothing to do with eternal life. You do not earn your eternal life with your good behavior, it is a gift from God for those that believe.

Jesus himself clearly told us not to swear on the Lord, why do you choose to ignore the words of Jesus?

There's something that saying "so help me God" that makes wrongdoers shudder and truth-tellers confident. Screw with the courts by lying, and see where that gets ya. :rolleyes:

There's something that saying "so help me God" that makes wrongdoers shudder and truth-tellers confident. Screw with the courts by lying, and see where that gets ya. :rolleyes:

If the only thing keeping you from lying is saying those 4 words you have some issues.

If you lie to the courts you get the same thing whether you said the words “so help me God” or not.

Then they should not serve in a Christian nation that serves God. That's what the founders were getting at. They were fed up with pandering, low-life Monarchs who abused their women and called them bad words.

Even if the rules are changed, it does not stop one from saying the words if they wish to.

The words are not officially part of the Presidential oath of office yet I think most every president has said them anyhow.

Agree. However, this is how it starts. The goal is to remove all mention of God in this country just like the Russians did in the Soviet Union. Little by little.

Then they should not serve in a Christian nation that serves God. That's what the founders were getting at. They were fed up with pandering, low-life Monarchs who abused their women and called them bad words.

We are not and have never been a Christian nation and have never served God. We have individuals that are Christian but our country and government has never done the work of god.

Forum List

Back