Marxist Pelosi Fixing Law to Eliminate God from Oath in House. Vote!

Should Pelosi eliminate "so help me God" from oaths in committees?

• No

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters
And adding “so help me God”, is taking the Lords name in vain as you are told not to do such things.

Little known fact...saying “so help me God” has never stopped anyone from lying.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
I understand your point and agree with you. However, what Pelosi is doing is censorship of the word "God". The Democrats took out the mention of God in their convention in 2012. That's the point, the mention of the word "God".
Then they should not serve in a Christian nation that serves God. That's what the founders were getting at. They were fed up with pandering, low-life Monarchs who abused their women and called them bad words.

We are not and have never been a Christian nation and have never served God. We have individuals that are Christian but our country and government has never done the work of god.

By "Christian nation", we are saying that Christianity is the predominant religious belief in the United States.

It is the majority religion that is for sure. But I do not think anyone could argue our government has ever acted in a Christian like manner.

That's a good thing.

Then they should not serve in a Christian nation that serves God. That's what the founders were getting at. They were fed up with pandering, low-life Monarchs who abused their women and called them bad words.

We are not and have never been a Christian nation and have never served God. We have individuals that are Christian but our country and government has never done the work of god.

By "Christian nation", we are saying that Christianity is the predominant religious belief in the United States.

It is the majority religion that is for sure. But I do not think anyone could argue our government has ever acted in a Christian like manner.

Best post evah!
Government isn't supposed to act in any religious manner. The problem I see is the left will attack Christianity, but then ignore muslims that try to influence our government.

The founders gave us a "Godless" Constitution. The religious nuts should provide proof of their so-called God - or STFU.

Nobody is required to prove anything to you.

An ironic excursion for an entity trying to sell "god".

LOL, I'm not trying to sell anything. Why would you think God needs anyone to sell him?

I wouldn't. You however apparently would.

STILL waiting for the original question as to wtf "god" has to do with a government that is not a theocracy.

OK to be honest I'm not waiting for that answer as I know it does not exist. What I'm waiting for is an admission that it doesn't exist.

No, you're twisting, dancing and deflecting waiting in vain for an answer you want. It wont work me son. God has everything to do with anything and everything that goes on in His people's lives.

Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

A true Christian does his work, lives his life to the glory of God. A Christians faith defines him/her and how they do things. I know that this is beyond your understanding and outside of your comfort zone but it is true none the less. You really should get over yourself son, you're not half a good as you think you are.

Pelosi to strike "so help me God" from oath taken in front of key House Committee

Liz Cheney said that the Democrat Party has become the Party of Karl Marx.

What do you think of this latest assault on American values by Nancy Pelosi?

The next step is throwing Christians to the Lions. Enough!

OK, I'm a radical believer in God. What's your take on this latest assault on tradition.. I mean, ...eh...power play??

Please vote. And keep the lockstep ninnyhammering to a minimum, please.

There should be no religious test for anyone.

Tell that to Diane Feinstein.

Best post evah!
Government isn't supposed to act in any religious manner. The problem I see is the left will attack Christianity, but then ignore muslims that try to influence our government.
You are overly biased and have an eschewed perception of the situation. For many years I grew up and lived in the era of religious(christian) favoritism and it wasn't any fun.

Pelosi to strike "so help me God" from oath taken in front of key House Committee

OK, I'm a radical believer in God. What's your take on this latest assault on tradition.. I mean, ...eh...power play??

Got her phone number?

what the fuck does this have to do with the First Amendment?

Nobody is stopping you from believing whatever you wish to believe. This removes meaningless words from the end of an oath.

A phrase that ironically enough goes against the teachings of the bible itself.

James 5:12...But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation.

Matt 5:34-35...But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King
You forgot one. It's in the twentieth chapter of Exodus and says something like "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord Thy God in vain." Pelosi wants to get rid of God off the face of the earth starting with Congress. And she's a vain woman who has no compunctions about giving her extended family and donors free rides at the expense of the United States Air Force who are solely funded by Joe Taxpayer. I betcha Queen Marie Antoinette wasn't worth $200 million, but she sure wore fancy clothes when she was being marched out to the Guillotine. The French know how to get entitled spendthrifts out of power. :iyfyus.jpg:

And adding “so help me God”, is taking the Lords name in vain as you are told not to do such things.

Little known fact...saying “so help me God” has never stopped anyone from lying.

I understand your point and agree with you. However, what Pelosi is doing is censorship of the word "God". The Democrats took out the mention of God in their convention in 2012. That's the point, the mention of the word "God".

The US absolutely IS a Christian nation. To deny that is being disingenuous.

"Almighty GOD; we make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy holy protection, that thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government; and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States of America at large. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of The Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseech thee, through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen"

^Who prayed that, then? Damn sure wasn't Tashib Mohammed.

Last edited:
c
The founders gave us a "Godless" Constitution. The religious nuts should provide proof of their so-called God - or STFU.

Nobody is required to prove anything to you.

An ironic excursion for an entity trying to sell "god".

LOL, I'm not trying to sell anything. Why would you think God needs anyone to sell him?

Which God? There are thousands. Google it...

LOL, pick one. We know who ours is.

Freedom OF religion. Not freedom FROM religion. There is nothing wrong with mixing religion with government in a symbolic fashion. Nobody is trying to mandate or force a religion on you.

Isn't there a way citizens can issue a petition to remove a really, really bad person from the House? Nancy Pelosi likely knows everything Hillary -"I lost everything off my Computer"-Clinton knows, including the information on rivals that were found in her area of the White House while she was living there.

Maybe that would wipe that smirk off her face if we petitioned to remove her evil influence from leadership. Because right now, she's leading our nation straight down..
Yes, the petition is known as an “election.” I’ve been told they have consequences.

Best post evah!
You are overly biased and have an eschewed perception of the situation. For many years I grew up and lived in the era of religious(christian) favoritism and it wasn't any fun.
Why don't you go to Iran and let us know how it goes over there.

Got her phone number?

(310) 914-7300

Freedom OF religion. Not freedom FROM religion. There is nothing wrong with mixing religion with government in a symbolic fashion. Nobody is trying to mandate or force a religion on you.
Some politician asks for prayer and the lefty head spines, but Kamala Harris can state she wants to force us to use government healthcare and not leave us a choice and no one bats an eye.

I voted "undecided" as it is much ado about nothing.

Oh? Nancy Pelosi screwing with the First Amendment is nothing? hmmmm

what the fuck does this have to do with the First Amendment?

Nobody is stopping you from believing whatever you wish to believe. This removes meaningless words from the end of an oath.

A phrase that ironically enough goes against the teachings of the bible itself.

James 5:12...But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation.

Matt 5:34-35...But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King
You forgot one. It's in the twentieth chapter of Exodus and says something like "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord Thy God in vain." Pelosi wants to get rid of God off the face of the earth starting with Congress. And she's a vain woman who has no compunctions about giving her extended family and donors free rides at the expense of the United States Air Force who are solely funded by Joe Taxpayer. I betcha Queen Marie Antoinette wasn't worth $200 million, but she sure wore fancy clothes when she was being marched out to the Guillotine. The French know how to get entitled spendthrifts out of power. :iyfyus.jpg:

Oh look, an armchair theologian.

More than an armchair...formal training and education as well as 30 plus years of being active in churches all across the world

They're already killing innocent human life in the womb, their bloodlust knows no bounds. They hate america, truth, God, and life. Their nihilism goes deeper and deeper into the abyss.

"Almighty GOD; we make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy holy protection, that thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government; and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States of America at large. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of The Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseech thee, through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen"

That is a very nice prayer...one man’s words that the country as a whole never lived up to.

Was the slavery of the time a Christ like action?

Was our treatment of the local people as we moved westward a Christ like action?

Do you even know what it means to be Christ like?

That is a very nice prayer...one man’s words that the country as a whole never lived up to.

Was our treatment of the local people as we moved westward a Christ like action?

I do, and I'm not a Communist trying to turn America away from God like you. :1peleas:

"27. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."

28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."

30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man." "

Which one of these 3 are you and Pelosi not doing, hmm?

The Communist Takeover Of America - 45 Declared Goals

I voted "undecided" because "it doesn't matter" wasn't an option. I don't see how it makes at bit of difference on how anybody there goes about their business.

I do, and I'm not a Communist trying to turn America away from God like you. :1peleas:

"27. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."

28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."

30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man." "

Which one of these 3 are you and Pelosi not doing, hmm?

The Communist Takeover Of America - 45 Declared Goals

You do a greater disservice to the Bible than I ever could by claiming this nation behaves in a Christ like manner.

If you knew anything about the Bible or Jesus you would know that he would be disgusted at the idea of a “Christian” nation. Christianity is supposed to be about a personal relationship with Jesus.

A "Christian nation" would have universal healthcare and no death penalty...

Forum List

Back